1. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

problem launching the game - again. listed all "fixes"

Discussion in 'Technical Issues (Archive)' started by Demoniq, Dec 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Demoniq

Demoniq User

hello everyone

im figting with your game client for 2 whole days now and really feel like it's going nowhere.
    my problem is that the game won't start. i did everything like the instructions said, the 4game app instaled, then the game. when i log in on the site and click play... the 4game launcher starts, then i got this little image "back.bmp" from frost folder, and then nothing more.

i browsed through the forum and did everything that people suggested. here is the list with explanaton...

1. reinstall the 4game, app and the game - same problem
    2. reinstall the vc++ like it said in this thread (and yes, i restarted my comp after every operation)- same problem
    3. all above + deleted "frost" and "system" folder, updated the game from the site, play - same problem
    4. installed the latest sp3 final - same problem
    5. checked 3 different browsers in their latest versions (opera, firefox, chrome) - same problem
    6. cleaned up registry + did all above - same problem
    7. checked the "host" file like it says in this thread - same problem
    8. get rid of host file at all - same problem
    9. although i now how to configure my fw/av, i turned them of completely for the sake of checking everything... - same problem
    10. for even greter sake of checking absolutely everything, i added exceptions to av/fw for game/frost folders - same problem
    11. there are more minor things i did/checked (like turning on/off services, etc.) but still... - same problem

im really tired of this... how can i pinpoint the problem if there is absolutely no error message, or anything pointing me in some direction ?? its absolutely ridicolous.
    there is no exact list of requirements for the system.
    do i need some special system service to be turned on ?
    do i need to turn off nat in router ?
    do i need to have exact version of vc++/sp or just "the latest" ?

seems like official support don't have any idea whats going on, and lot of people seem to have that problem...
    anyone has an idea what more can i check/do ? and let me say that reinstaling my system just to check if it works (no guarantee) isn't a good idea...

regards

p.s. when i try to run "lineageii.exe" from the frost folder it gives me an error "game path is not specified".
    p.s.s. when i write "same problem" i mean same problem as in this thread. first post of course ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2011
  2. Kall

Kall User

hi,
    do you try delete av/firewall for test time?

3. Demoniq

Demoniq User

hi

what do you mean by "delete" ? if you mean that i actually deleted/removed/uninstalled my av/fw, then no. i didn't.
    but i turned them off completely and double checked the processes...

no luck ;)

4. Kall

Kall User

try uninstall them for test and try again. after this post here result.

best reagrds

5. change-nickname

change-nickname User

i have same problem but it didnt even loaded the client ive installed the 4game **** application and when i press upgrade in the browser it checks the whole game in less than 2 sec and say everything is fine ... and redirects me back to upgrade again

when i press fix the game it dosnt do **** also

ive tried everything also and ive even closed fw/av but no success

6. Kall

Kall User

try these steps:

7. Demoniq

Demoniq User

hey guys

don't want to be rude but some of the "solutions" sound like some kind of "voodoo magic" :>
    for example, whats the deal with this "install it to c:\lineage directory" ?? if it works on another comp in any other dir then it has absolutely nothing to do with the problem. the problem may be in installation itself - but not in the "magic" directories...

also for your sake i uninstaled fw/av and as expected - it did nothing

also no "system tools" ad other stuff workin
    port frowarding on router also does nothing

8. Eska

Eska User

hello,

we might need to check it on team viewer session.
    did you ever used zranger or other tools like that ? we found out that few people had this issue because of this software being on their hard drive.

9. Demoniq

Demoniq User

ieska:

hi. well, never used zranger or any other "suspicious" program for l2, although i played on many different (not official) servers in the past... some time ago i had official ncsoft launcher and official l2 installed - that is the only thing i can think of.
    im thinking about os reinstall, cause i have it over 2 years now and it is starting to have some "issues" ;) duh...

10. Eska

Eska User

that might help, you can also try to use ccleaner, maybe it will help also :)

11. Demoniq

Demoniq User

tried it already. also registry mechanic. still same problem... *__*

12. HouseCall

HouseCall User

i solved my problem. it seems corrupted files in frost folder caused my problems. you don't need to delete/reinstal your av, open ports etc. i deleted folder ( hidden parts too). then i clicked play on 4game and game is running. it didn't required fix. i am happy now and i suggest to you to give it a try. :)

13. Demoniq

Demoniq User

ok, seriously, this is ****ed up ;>

i reinstalled whole os. newest sp3, browser and drivers only. then i installed 4game app (with vc++ of course) and updated the game... and still exact same problem
    my god, im done. never ever before had i such problems with any game/launcher/drivers/program/whatever

good job 4game's devs :]

14. TGM_darken09

TGM_darken09 User

please follow this link.

15. Kall

Kall User

good day,

you can see actual solutions and issues' statuses here.
    additional instructions could be found here.
    if you can't find a solution for your issue you always can ask for moving the thread back into the main branch.

best regards,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.