1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. forum forum useful

L2 classic - questions for Innova team

Discussion in 'Questions and Info' started by turnON, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Ironic

Ironic User

question: what will innova do if number of online players will drop to 500? (including merging all servers)
    will the server be running with 500 players or will be closed?

2. Deleu

Deleu User

here is a few questions that i think should be addressed in this topic. some people may already know, but i feel like i'm not sure about it.

1- has it been decided that it is a pay to play server or it is to be decided yet?
    2- has the price been established?
    3- why isn't america restricted from playing on innova eu servers? i make this a relevant question in hope to address the possibility of na opening a classic server as well. i never understood why we can freely play here and i'm not sure if that will stay like this.
    4- will frost protection be applied to l2classic?
    5- the current staff seem to have a plate full by taking care of core, will the bombing of new players drawn by l2classic increase the number of staff members?
    6- as of now, what is the latest patch ready to be launched in the l2classic servers? i mean, we start at c1 and move forward at what rate? and we go until which version?

nothing else comes to mind at this moment.

3. GM Amarantha

GM Amarantha User

we haven't discussed that question yet. the decision will be based on the number of preorders and some other factors.
    we will create an english version of classic section on l2wiki, but it will take some time.
    decisions like that require much analysis and wide discussion based on the situation, so it is a bit early to make predictions.

we do not practice ban waves. on russian servers bots are being blocked every day.
    decisions like that require much analysis and wide discussion based on the situation, so it is a bit early to make predictions. we act in accordance with the situation: for example, the future merge has been announced on russian servers.

it will be p2p.
    pricing policy would be elaborated only after making a solid decision to open the server.
    according to our user agreement, services are provided by innova only within europe. so far we do not prohibit access to european servers for players not from europe, and we do not have plans to do that.
    yes.
    yes, as there will be a lot of work required to block bots and more.
    that is up to ncsoft. we suppose that european classic will start from the updated version and will correspond to the version built up on russian servers.

Ironic, Machinae and widuking like this.
  4. Edwin11

Edwin11 User

how about l2 classic drop database/calculator? you've answered just a half of my first question. thanks.

5. Apophis

Apophis User

you missed one so i'm going to post it again.

q: does the so called "licence" that grants innova the right to publish lineage ii in europe, applies for lineage ii classic also, or you need to buy another one?

6. Norz!

Norz! User

let's assume there will be enough people interested for innova to open some server(s). let's assume you make it official by the end of may. how long would it take for you to open them ? a couple weeks ? a couple months because of minor adjustments to make ? a semester because it'll take some serious coding and infrastructure work ?

what would be a reasonable window ?

7. attack

attack User

how much will it cost to play?

8. DeepBlue

DeepBlue User

guys,

this is the third and final warning - this is not a discussion section, if you do not have a question for the innova team then please refrain from posting in this thread. any further discussions here will be met with penalties.

regards.

Ironic likes this.
  9. turnON

turnON User

updated 1st post

10. turnON

turnON User

i do have one as well : what kind of race and character you will choose on new server as a game master :) - onyx, pazak ,amarantha

11. innadril

innadril User

is it legal to sell power lvl and/or adena? is it legal to advertise it?

in case of being illegal,

how can many russians advertise that kind of "services" in their streams without being banned?

Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
  12. juusts

juusts User

hello, my question:

will this hype of classic server won't affect normal core server ? (i mean new updates, maintainance, bot bans etc.) will you have separate staff for classic and normal server to normally maintain servers?

13. Iceman

Iceman User

i know already about 30 ppl,that they will join on a private server...the reason?they said innova doesnt know when is gonna open this server... true story,
    at least can you tell us,the big opening is going to be after or before september?

14. turnON

turnON User

we are in registration phase , all answers about this area will be answered after the registration ,
    there is no eta

15. Horyon

Horyon User

about the payment, dolar and euro are really expensive to convert, dont have fear to lost a lot of this players if not make a acceptable form of payment for each region?

16. Luminight

Luminight User

question: how do innova plan to tackle bots? and adena farmers? is it purely from player reports (which i do several of) or time in game? or is frost robust enough to tackle it for them?

17. Oscar

Oscar User

lol what?
    depends on your credit card/bank, i dont get any additional fees for currency change on payment.

topic question: pre-order will also get head-start time like on ru classic?

18. GM Amarantha

GM Amarantha User

we cannot disclose information on internal legal processes.
    you can find approximate drop rates for items in russian l2classic wiki, so the same should be applied for english version.
    we cannot indicate any date of launching the server, even approximate or desired, as it depends on factors we cannot change or foresee at this moment.
    selling in-game items and powerlvl for real money has never been legal and will never be tolerated. it is not legal to advertise it either, but in most cases we need in-game proofs to block characters.
    server core won't be affected by opening of classic server as it has an independent development policy and a higher priority.
    officially we provide services only for players from europe, so we do not plan to accept other currencies.
    we use a range of methods to track and block bots for both classic and main servers. those methods include in-game checks and players reports.
    decision on pre-order will be made only after we will be confident about server launch. most likely we would analyze pre-order model used for the launch of russian l2classic servers (1 week head-start and appearance items).
    pricing policy would be elaborated only after making a solid decision to open the server.

MaoMao, zzZzz, NobleSpirit and 5 others like this.
  19. Tinchh

Tinchh User

so people from around the globe are getting excluded for your services being provided only for euorpeans?

20. Approbus

Approbus User

i'm sorry for replying in this topic, but i think it is neccesary to straight things out, before people start panicing. it doesn't mean they are "officialy" not responsible for dealing with things that are problematic for people outside of europe. however, if you use paypal or any other service, it doesn't really matter, your currency is calculated directly, so you will be able to easily buy subscription, regardless if you are from eu or not.