1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. forum forum useful

L2 classic - questions for Innova team

Discussion in 'Archive 2.0' started by turnON, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Poptyping

Poptyping User

will the dev team be looking at certain balance/quality of life tweaks or will it be an exact copy+paste of the ru version? for example certain things like summoners pet upkeep or necromancers costs on cursed bone for casting their main nuke spell? right now looking at comparisons to the ru l2c it makes these classes more than others stand out as being unsustainable and unplayable in comparison to others, creating an effectively smaller pool of classes to pick from when considering long term investments into what classes people want to play. arrow cost/upkeep had been glossed over and discussed by other forum visitors but being a craftable item, and also being dropped by some mobs and certain grades being cheaply accessible from npc stores they are readily available at reasonable prices relative to the server adena drop rate, but graded crystals/cursed bones most likely are going to have an out of reach fixed pricebracket that render them a rare commodity in most cases.

have things like this been put up for discussion internally or as i previously mentioned, are we just going to get an exact same set of patches just with localized translations?

2. GM Amarantha

GM Amarantha User

So far we do not have such plans.

Game design issues like that are determined by the developer.

We would analyze experience acquired after the launch of Russian servers.

Thank you for your interest and your will to help us. However, we do not plan at the moment to hire players as Game Masters.

As for this question, I would like to underline that we are planning to open a p2p server. If you followed the latest news, maybe you have heard about so called "Classic Light", but so far it is just an idea, not even a concept.
    Regarding the in-game shop, it could be the case only if players are highly interested in purchasing items which do not influence game process. We are looking forward to collecting players' feedback on that question.

The same rules are applied for both Classic and main version. Our point of view was declared in this thread : https://4gameforum.com/threads/20025/

We receive updates for the games from Korea, so it means that Classic servers are following the Korean path of development.
    Probably, European server would open from the basic version and would receive further updates later. It was already mentioned here.

Rates could be modified in further updates (for example, in the future expansion Age of War adena drop rate has been increased).

We haven't discuss such aspects yet.

3. Norz!

Norz! User

I'm confused. I understand from your post above you'd start with 1.0, ("basic") yet you've said before you'd start where the RU servers currently are, which should be 1.03 when EU launches.

Could you please clarify ?

I strongly believe 90% of players really aware of the differences between 1.0 and 1.03 would much rather start with 1.03. The 1.0 version is extremely lackluster and frustrating (as we've seen on RU servers, with people massively leaving).

4. Plouf

Plouf User

@Innova: When you think we will have this famous email after the vote ?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2015
  5. turnON

turnON User

Guys I hope you're aware that we have no server yet and we even don't know if it will be up after summer or ever . And you're asking questions on which is not an answer yet

keep this section for questions other we can discuss in daily topics :)

thanks.

6. EileithyiaDK

EileithyiaDK User

I guess I have more of a basic question: When are you launching?

I realise 90% of you are smiling right now, I am just confused. We have so many players ready for Lineage II, and nothing is happening. I know so many who are jumping to all kinds of servers worldwide now, and in stead of using this amazing interest and hype spreading to facebook and beyond you at Innova are not making money off of this concept, you are losing it. You kept us waiting for a month now. That's 15.000 registrations x (roughly 10 EU) you lost. That's roughly 150.000 Euro you could have earned already. For every month you wait this amount gets higher and higher.

7. GM Amarantha

GM Amarantha User

If by 1.03 you mean Age of War, I can say only that this question is still open and it requires discussion both within the team and with the developers. Launch of "basic" version does not necessarily mean launching the same version that was introduced on Russian servers in 2014, though. This issue will need much examining, and while making the decision we will take into account experience gained by Russian project.

Swayarn likes this.
  8. Norz!

Norz! User

That would probably mean Age of War, as it seems to bring some very needed adjustments. Thanks.

Any reasonable time frame for some interesting news from Innova ? Or do you expect you won't have much to communicate during the summer ?

9. Monstrous

Monstrous User

How many accounts will you be able to have logged from one PC? I'm considering paying for 5-7 accounts and playing/logging them legitly. Will you guys allow me to log/play that many accounts?

For example, my main account + a buffer/ws/rez'r + a buy/sellshop I keep in town.

If this is allowed, I'll definitely be interested in paying for at least 5-7 per month.. if it's only $15 a month.

Any info on this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

10. GM Amarantha

GM Amarantha User

We expect much routine preparatory work this summer, but in case we come across something interesting and encouraging, we will share it with all of you :)

As it was mentioned before, the project would be launched after the summer. We hope to launch it as soon as possible, but cannot confirm any certain or even approximate date. But let us hope that it would be this year :)

Number of windows you can launch equals the number of accounts that have active subscription.

11. Machinae

Machinae User

Whoa hold the phone, so it's a definite launch?

12. turnON

turnON User

It looks like yes :)
    as you can see from words how they are written if you're smart you will understand what's behind :)

but don't make any rumors for now :)

13. Zenaj

Zenaj User

Will Lineage 2 Classic work on Windows 10?

Now it's pretty clear MS will release W10 before Innova releases EU L2C, and as far as I know the reason why L2 ain't working on W10 is Innovas bot/keyloger protection. I think that way because I can run L2 on japanese official, but I can't run innova's regular L2 client.

14. fujiyama

fujiyama Banned

Any a little info for server progres is good?!?!?!?!?

Zareth likes this.
  15. EileithyiaDK

EileithyiaDK User

Is there any chance that you might make an Mac client also? That might give you s few more customers!

16. GM Amarantha

GM Amarantha User

Yes, Windows 10 won't be supported by Frost until RTM version. Therefore, if L2C is released after that moment, it would be supported.

As I said above - we are on routine preparatory work phase. Follow announcements or this thread, any interesing news will be posted.

That's up to developers.

17. Cristofer

Cristofer User

1 - Being p2p, there will be more event free or gonna be like on GOD that in all event, who buy on L2 Store has more chance than anothers one?
    2 - Some plan for better payment for Americans people? as Brasil for exemple.
    3 - In Classic L2, are u going implement app with bronze, silver and Gold wings like GOD?
    4 - The interface will be like Odyssey?

18. GM Amarantha

GM Amarantha User

1. We have various in-game events both on GoD and Classic Russian servers.
    2. According to our user agreement, services are provided by Innova only within Europe. That's the main reason why we are not planning to adjust business model to other regions.
    3. That's up to developers.
    4. Yes. You can look through some screenshots from RU Classic servers. For example:
    [​IMG]

19. luxel

luxel User

When will open the classic europe server ?

20. Norz!

Norz! User

Is it that hard to read a couple pages?