1. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

[Request] Unicode Chat-support

Discussion in 'Feedback Archive' started by DaDummy, Jan 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaDummy

DaDummy User

as it is well known among those of us who played on private servers (so called "freeshards") the lineage ii core engine is well capable of handling unicode characters of all european languages in both html-windows and standard ingame chat. latter just has one limitation: nc has reduced the input characters which the game recognizes from our keyboards.

for private servers there was a perfectly working client mod published by fyyre for all l2 versions from ct1 till highfive that made the client use a localized keyboard layout and allowing all input characters available on it.
    this mod is open source and the changes it does to enable unicode keyboard characters are trivial and minimal.

it's a shame that nc didn't consider enabling european keyboard characters for the european by itself. so i would like to ask you if you could forward this request to the devs.

i myself am playing in a german clan and it just ****s not to be able to use our full character set. this must be even worse for our russian-speaking friends as they are forced to use only latin letters..

please ask nc to enable use of all unicode characters on chat input!
    i want to be able to use my native language and need "à¤à¶à¼àÿ" for that.

the game servers are already perfectly capable of handling unicode characters in chat - all it needs is enabling them in the client.

i will not post a link to that open source client mod as innova already knows the fyyre mods and i don't want to be punished for posting links to a site offering gameguard/frost hacks..

sincerely, dadummy =)

2. hachre

hachre User

as long as character names can't contain these characters i'm okay with it.

3. rub3n

rub3n User

+ for this proposal

4. DaDummy

DaDummy User

i second this limitation which should be easily implementable on server-side.
    though i'm pretty sure this was already done for l2na who had trouble with bot users and hackers for quite some time now...

unicode letters in character names on a multinational server would make it harder or in some player combinations even impossible to target/invite characters through chat-commands.

also there are some special unicode control characters that change reading direction and stuff that should not be allowed in chat either, but they already did tackle those things for asian language clients as they have unicode enabled there by default.

5. Silmari

Silmari User

i would also like unicode letters in chat (but not in character names) enabled. lithuanian language also has unicode letters like "ąčėū" and i always use them (some people don't :) ) everywhere. it was great when in aion (also ncsoft game) i could use all my language letters and it's pity that i can't do so in lineage ii.

6. Terena

Terena User

agree, would be nice !

7. Valben

Valben User

as long as it wouldn't be valid for character name it would be great feature.
    also it could be enabled for titles that can be put above the character's name.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.