1. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

Agro

Discussion in 'Archive 2.0' started by vyciokas, Dec 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vyciokas

vyciokas User

problem is that tanks agro cannot hold the target constantly (talking about mobs) for example raid bosses, 1-1.5 min it's normally tanked and later on any kind of stronger mob starts chaotcly changing his targets. as i don't know if it supposed to be so i'm writing here, so the question's that is this the correct effect of the agression auras? waiting for an answer.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2011
  2. Sayha

Sayha User

[​IMG]

hellow

3. vyciokas

vyciokas User

don't want to disappoint you but i use it :eek:

4. Sayha

Sayha User

well you should add which skills did you used, idk then never farmed on pts with a party.

5. vyciokas

vyciokas User

toggles - sigel force, challenge aura
    active - superior hate, superior hate aura and all the damaging skills

6. zsemle

zsemle User

there are some raids which have this feature, that they will sometime go nuts and not only attack the player with the highest agro (the tank). so this can be working as intended.

7. vyciokas

vyciokas User

but then the tank becomes useless at these type of raids...

8. zsemle

zsemle User

not at all, thoose raids attack the tank like 99% of the time, but they sometimes engage some random people too. if your party members are not sleeping it isn't an issue.

9. vyciokas

vyciokas User

actually it doesn't, it attacks tank like for the few first minutes and later on it's impossible to take back the raid...

10. zsemle

zsemle User

if you keep using agression the whole time as you should, and you keep doing it when the raid goes crazy, and while the dds stop attacking, and still can't regain control of the raid, then this is probably a "problem" with that particular raid. this whole thing can easily be intentional.
    which mobs/raids are we talking about by the way?

edit: some raids have special features, which only trigger if their hp is low enough, this is probably one of thoose.

11. Sayha

Sayha User

well you still have auras don't you? so you aren't that useless

12. NotImportant

NotImportant User

depends on raid, teredor for example hides 4 or 5 times, reseting agro and when some1 else other than tank makes first agro/dps etc it will be hard to get it on back on tank. but on istina as tank you die a lot(this raid has skill dealing 10m dmg static, no celestial works against it) and you get back agro with 1 superior hate....

same goes for mobs, in soa it's almost imposible to get every mob out of 5-6 groups to stick closely to tank and it's almost noexistant problem in orbis temple.

13. Mrkiller

Mrkiller User

well my friend arest can make agresion to and if u use skils on raids/mob he will never go to other target

14. Aelaren

Aelaren User

i am playing siegel and have a chanter as a second character. as a siegel, i had enormous problems with teredor always switching to chanter in my party. i was like: wth, he doesn`t even do much damage! i understood why that was only when i went there on chanter. problem is - chanter has two main target debuffs and two main area debuffs. their effect do not stack - ie. only two debuffs will be active on mob if you debuff with all of them succesfully. cooldown on target debuffs is enough to make them land permanently. what other chanters do: they spam all of the available debuffs, and each debuff landed gets them a fraction of additional aggro. teredor is very sensitive to debuffs.
    when teredor aggroes on dd it is generally enough for them to stop attacking (or use race skill if they are de) till tank uses hate on boss again. with chanters that doesn`t help, teredor will probably be dogging them till they`re dead.
    using challenge aura is not really compulsory, i for one prefer iron with melee and rage with mixed range parties.
    hint: do not let your party members get anywhere near teredor while he`s hiding - it will bring up the elite mobs, try to be the first thing teredor sees after he gets out of hide.

on istina, new ud protects from 10m damage (if you read skill description, all skills that are >300 dmg only land 300 dmg), also to land 10m she has to debuff first and that debuff cast can be disrupted by some skills.

15. Eska

Eska User

hello,

due to no interest in this thread i'm moving it to archive.
    you can find there all moved and closed threads.
    if thread was moved there, and it shouldn't be closed yet, please pm me to move it back to the branch.

best regards,
    piotr 'eska' kostro

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.