1. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

Solutions to problems you might face (discussion)

Discussion in 'Technical Issues (Archive)' started by Fahrenheit, Dec 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fahrenheit

Fahrenheit User

please feel free to tell us whether you found any solutions to the problems you might have faced or whether our guide helped you.

thank you each and everyone who will participate - we appreciate your taking the time!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2011
  2. Apophis

Apophis User

error name: can not resolve hostname

solution (it worked for some people) :
    1. download dnscleanup.rar
    2. unzip and double-click on .bat file.

other people are still experience the problem so it's partialy solution.

3. Majesty

Majesty Guest

so i was having no video critical error, altough i played in nc west naia with no problems.

what i have tryed :

what didn't help :

reinstalling the game few times;
    deleting system folder, and then fixing through the web;
    updating drivers and stuff;

what solved my problem :

using procexp to find command line, then creating shortcut to lineageii.exe which is in frost folder, changing frost option from 7 to 1.
    had 1 error and 1 dc in about 10hours of gameplay.

4. OneMoreTime

OneMoreTime User

im pretty sure you can do that only open comand line and type ifconfig /flushdns

5. DeepBlue

DeepBlue User

yea as others have said that solves it but only temporarily coz that needs to be done every time u launch l2 so its not a permanant solve which is what we are all waiting for :s

6. zsemle

zsemle User

i had an issue with the us servers, i thought it can help.

the problem i had was being stuck at the login screen. what solved it is the replacement of the host file back to its original version c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
    the file should only include:

127.0.0.1 localhost

if you ever played on a private server, its highly possible that the file has been rewritten.

7. Majesty

Majesty Guest

it takes about 2 minutes, better than not playing at all

8. DeepBlue

DeepBlue User

the point is its not a permanant fix and thats smth we need from innova staff, we shouldnt have to launch 3rd party software and edit command lines everytime we launch the game...its not an attack on u so relax ;) im just flagging it up so that ppl dont think its permanant cure for the problem and then end up back here again when they reload l2 and so staff know that so far no one has found a "permanant" fix for it so they still have work to do on it :)

9. darkyojimbo

darkyojimbo User

the server is very heavy,i dont know whats wrong with the client but in ncwest servers on the same spot (talking island) with every graphic options maxed i have 70 fps,no breaks,no lags,on innova on the same spot with all the graphics minimum i have 6 fps,lots of breaks when turning camera and also lag...idk if the live server is gonna stay like this,if it is im going to nc west...the game there is veeery fluid,i mean...6k+ players and no breaks no lag allways 50 fps+ with all maxed...something is wrong with your client/frost system whatever.appart from the critical errors,disconnects...even the graphics quality are better on ncwest!do something or me plus 50 ppl are going there instead of here.

one funny thing...the innova game doesnt appear on my windows processes/applications...so,,,where is the game running? oo

10. 1tm

1tm User

still there aren't fix for "video: no video" / "wcontrol::registerwindowclass" error in faq.

i had "video: no video" critical error usingo only your launcher, in other official server i didn't had such error. for anyone who intrested how i fixed it:

Code:
    <...>

video : no video

<...>

assertion failed: getclassinfoexw( null, winbaseclass, &cls ) [file:.\window.cpp] [line: 1050]

history: wcontrol::registerwindowclass <- uwindowmanager::uwindowmanager <- initwindowing

i have tried to:

reinstall the system/frost game directories;
    install direticx redist;
    install framework 4.0;
    uptade windows xp to sp3 final;
    clean system and registry files through ccleaner;

nothing didn't helped.

this solved my problem, i used radix minipatch:

i know its unofficial, isn't recomended to use.... but, who cares.. it helped for me. big thanks to that guy. ;)

11. ill

ill User

same :) :)

12. Zorben

Zorben User

i've finally fixed my disconection issue uninstalling l2 us, seems that i couldn't have both eu and us installed even at different hard drives

it's a conspiracy? unfair competition? who knows... :cool:

13. gekomees

gekomees User

radix's fix did not solve my no video problem, so it's not absolute.

14. Radix

Radix User

gekomees, may be just another error type? =) show me crash-screen, please.

15. darky

darky User

video no video most likely is because l2 is detecting new and old versions of gpu drivers that most of the ppl just install them without properly cleaning the old one

16. FnTaz

FnTaz User

helped me a lot, i have "can not resolve hostname"

p.s. hots file is in c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc

17. Fahrenheit

Fahrenheit User

this method does not guarantee logs at security server and i do not advise you to use it. especially while playing live after the release. in fact this is the reason to block an account and is checked separately.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2011
  18. Sirius92

Sirius92 User

it has actually nothing to do with that.

@fahrenheit i understand the system might see this patch as some kind of cheat but what i don't understand is how a community member managed to patch it in no time and innova didn't fix anything yet, two days for the relase and we don't have a launcher, the web is not finished, no info about pas or payment methods so far, what are your devs doing ?

19. SpeKnaTz

SpeKnaTz User

which one ? the mini-patch of radix ?

20. alexsis

alexsis User

dear gm's, my problems are still disconnects. installation, and setting up a downloads - 0 problems. login to your account and create a work to me normally, but as soon as i'm in the game, i have a terrible lag, you can not move and select targets. when i played ncwest, i had no lags even in the early opening of shilen server, although i live in europe o.o. i thought, with the innova will be better, and here i am still disconnects and lag, which last as long, and again will not get dc.

computer? and may not be new, but i normally l2 works even on ordinary details <1280x, ground details, shadows, etc.>, at innovia even on low detail <all to 0 in graphics, 1024x> game can not normally ;/ , wind 7 64bit.

internet? i have upc 20mb

where is the problem? to me it sounds awfully strange ... i do not know what to do. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.