1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

Attention: Windows Vista and Windows 7 users (Error 1073)

Discussion in 'Technical Issues (Archive)' started by GM Amarantha, Sep 7, 2015.

Tags:
  1. GM Amarantha

GM Amarantha User

Dear players,

Next Tuesday, 15.09.2015, our security system will receive an update that requires Security Update for Windows (KB3033929) installed to run the game.

Due to that fact we recommend updating your operating system for all Windows 7 x64 users in order to be able to launch the game after the maintenance on September, 15th.

Windows Vista x64 users will not be able to launch the game after 15.09.2015 due to the fact that corresponding security update was not issued by Microsoft for that OS.

UPD: only x64 systems will be affected.

Please read the guide to find out how to install the corresponding Windows Security Update.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2017
  2. Flappydom

Flappydom User

Take this, Vista users! We didn't like you anyway.
    Sep 7, 2015
    So actually, if someone has Windows Vista on a laptop and isn't good at computers and software, then he won't be able to play, but forced to pay someone for another OS installation. Masterfully done!

Slunkius likes this.
  3. cmec1

cmec1 User

inova sold themselves to microsoft ^^

4. fiTzu

fiTzu User

Dear Innova,

How about no? Why are you doing this update if it won't work on Vista? Better don't do it at all or try to find something else or a fix for this.

And please don't say to update to Windows 7, that's not how things should work. o_O

5. LikeAVirgin

LikeAVirgin User

This is a very strange step from you oO

6. cmec1

cmec1 User

next thing u will see u need legit windows activation (which i bet 90% of users dont have), and hardware from only 1 company (example intel) cause any other will not launch

7. Lillim

Lillim User

There is many alert about the
    KB3033929
    that make problem with system, reboting loop when you have more than one system. propably you can lose many players.

jehnova likes this.
  8. bread11

bread11 User

I dont understand your indignation. Windows vista is more than 8 years old and it was never popular. Its current market share is about 1.8%.
    Microsoft ended mainstream support for vista 3 years ago. It should be no surprise that game support will also end on some point.
    Endless support of all operating systems is not viable.

And who has a pirate copy of vista can easily get a pirate win7 or win8.
    I have no information how many players have still vista, but i think the majority has already moved on to 7,8 or 10.

Swayarn likes this.
  9. Dragonik

Dragonik User

i feel sorry for the ppl who use vista not that they cant play l2 just that they use vista worst windows ever.

@Flappydom
    even a 5 year old kid can install windows if hes able to read and follow the steps installation of win 7 takes 15 max 20 mins

@fiTzu
    doesnt vista has also the free upgrade to win 10 like i have on 7? oh and if u use vista i would recommand u to upgrade to 7 and your pc works better

@cmec1
    i guess not everyone with cracked win7 will be able to play if they dont use updates in cracked version.

well i smell mucho qq about this patch also since the patch is ****** up by microsoft

10. Reznovish

Reznovish User

Guys now you are making me leave the game cuz the patch will crush my windows since i use windows 7 32 bit.Great job!

11. Dragonik

Dragonik User

so u are playing this game with 3 gb memory ? must be a nice gameplay

12. Seivlas

Seivlas User

I've a 64bit os and Lineage never took more than 1.6gb at very max.

13. Dragonik

Dragonik User

u are right but the system takes memory also.
    iam only running firefox atm with 8 tabs open and it uses 900 mb memory in total i use atm 3.2gb memory and havent opened anything else than firefox

here u can see how much i use
    [​IMG]

14. Ronove

Ronove User

This is a very strange requirement to play the game. I'm guessing this is for Frost and not for Lineage itself... Not to mention the problems already mentioned with that patch.

15. Dragonik

Dragonik User

ya for frost but w/o frost no l2 so kinda the same.
    in my opinion they should delay the frost patch untill microsoft managed to fix there own "securety Update"

16. Spooks

Spooks User

I have to agree with you.
    Just write in google this patch +info and u have much sites about problem with it.
    example link here:
    http://windowsitpro.com/patch-tuesday/patch-tuesday-kb3033929-causing-problems

And here is possibility how to fix this problems.
    http://www.idigitaltimes.com/how-fi...ems-microsofts-kb3033929-patch-causing-422816

17. Dragonik

Dragonik User

the main problem with this patch is if u have 2 system on your hdd which i dont have but there can also be probs with just 1 system. havent installed this patch uintill now but will check it out if its needed.

18. PablitoPol

PablitoPol User

****** Up decision Innova, it wont come cheap I believe...

19. Spooks

Spooks User

Well i'm gonna have fight with this today because i use 2 diffrent systems Linux & Windows:p

20. ASAPWORLD

ASAPWORLD User

google said noone can fix this problem until microsoft fix it,so ty for waste my money for nothing this month ,never will back for sure

Szatan likes this.