1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. forum forum useful

Classic 1.5: Age of Splendor Release Patchnotes

Discussion in '2015 ~ 2017' started by GM Amarantha, Dec 11, 2015.

1. PartyPooper

PartyPooper User

I sincerely hope nothing like that will be implemented on classic ever. AH is what killed L2 economy, and I'm not talking just about a global one. Essentially what a local ah will do is create easy to access lists of available items with the ability to sort by price. A potential buyer would only need to teleport between cities to identify the best price, and it would take seconds (not to mention because of convenience only 1 particular local ah would be used by everyone). Therefore sellers are forced to put their products for the lowest (or close to lowest for high demand items) price. This makes any form of market speculation impossible, and the only source of income a player may have is to farm adena, and this will inevitably lead to hyperinflation (earning adena through farming is an economical equivalent of printing your own money).

What was great about early L2 was that in order to exp fast you had to accept a net decrease in adena. Obviously you still could earn by exping w/o ss etc. but not everyone wanted that, which was a great way to get rid of excess adena from the market. That, combined with a "natural" market, where convenience, laziness and product exposure actually were factors, and players could "play" the market and earn money from other players by speculating prices (and therefore wouldn't "print" more money into said market) led to a quite stable economy.

nearbird and fagercraft like this.
  2. Mbaka

Mbaka User

Great patch notes! Good job Amarantha!
    I hope we will have our own l2 wiki with all the classic information :)

3. eXistenZ _

eXistenZ _ User

LoL and then it will be no Lineage 2 but something else. Private shops play a crucial role in the social aspect of lineage 2. its a gathering point. a place where you end up after lots of hours of grind to walk around and relax. there is ALT + P if you have graphic lag when you are in a town

4. Ziemann65c

Ziemann65c User

I hope not.
    It was fun to race through the city, looking for cheap Sell Shop by Player A and directly sell to Buyshop of player B.
    Or the joy when you have found something cheap after examining 100 Player Shops.
    Yes Auktionshous is quick and easy, but that's no fun.
    Is the same as with the drop rate. In other games, the drop rate is high and you come so quickly and easily to equipment, but there is always something dropt no longer one looks forward about it.
    In L2C the drop rate is low, so it takes a long time until something dropt (if any), but when finally something dropt the joy is great.
    L2C is not a quick, simple and boring game, it's hard, slow and funny :)

5. PartyPooper

PartyPooper User

Exactly, and lets be honest - 8 years ago it may have been laggy for some, but in 2015 with medium pc rigs everyone should be fine ;p

6. Parody123

Parody123 User

All shops will be in MDT anyway.

7. PartyPooper

PartyPooper User

If only mdt would be a bit bigger, on ru classic it was annoying...

8. Ziemann65c

Ziemann65c User

Yes, MDT is very small for all Shops.

9. TheBeast

TheBeast User

I like shopping :D. I don't wanna those Auction Houses.

10. WizarDEAD

WizarDEAD User

Cause shops in MDT should be prohibited. Cities should be main trade zones, not mdt..

11. >ErKy<

>ErKy< User

I think main reason to set shop in MDT is because you can tp from any GK to MDT, so you can save some adena instead of wasting it using teleports to reach the desired town to set up your shop.
    Maybe im wrong, but i think it make sense.

12. FragolaTV

FragolaTV User

Yes, it's because of free tp.
    Personally I'd prefer Giran Harbor as main trading location. More space. Historically designed for it.
    I don't like the idea of cities as trading zones - too many lags :-(

As a suggestion: is it possible to make free tp to Giran Harbor only?

13. iCaramba

iCaramba User

Agreed

14. fagercraft

fagercraft User

Im also liking giran harbour instead of MDT. But i realize that would mean NCKorea had to change it not innova >_>

Also im kind of against MDT/Harbour free teleport to market. I like having 1 place to look at, its easier, but its also easier with AH..
    What im trying to say, the more easy it gets, the more booring the market becomes (les trading, finding good deals, having markets with different prices depending on location and size of customerbase).

I remember when we even had shops up in Entrence to Cruma Tower and Dragon Valley Cave (DVC 4 life!), since there were so many customers there it was worth selling the shots on spot!

15. turnON

turnON User

you know it's not gonna happen 99%9:) until we as a community make some step forward for it :)

16. eXistenZ _

eXistenZ _ User

Giran or Aden is better. You have more teleport locations from there than from Giran harbor

17. Horyon

Horyon User

Will be like every i see...

Gludio - D Grade City

Giran - TOP D, C Grade City

Aden - Over Itens, B,A Grade City

because places near city and lvl of ppl is this spots.

Just me opinion for main citys, but Dion will have D grade thinks too just a exemple.

TY =)

18. SlaasH

SlaasH User

Main city " Monster Race" teleport free of all Village and town !

Mk9RxRx likes this.
  19. DedFANKA

DedFANKA User

Giran Harbor free TP - the best thing!
    Dec 14, 2015
    https://4gameforum.com/threads/542692/

20. elenros

elenros User

does any1 know on what GMT server will be??