1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. forum forum useful

Trade Zone: WHERE? Mb Giran Harbor

Discussion in 'Archive 2.0' started by DedFANKA, Dec 14, 2015.

?

What do you think about Trade Zone? Where it should be?

1. Monster Derby Track: there is Free TP from each City

26.6%
  2. Giran Harbor: Free TP from Each City (do it like Monster Derby Track)

19.6%
  3. Each City should have own Shoping Area: Gludio, Dion, Giran, Aden etc.

53.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bagindawud

bagindawud User

Vote for unique market in each city/town.

Let's keep it medieval :)

2. PartyPooper

PartyPooper User

You all do realise that multiple market zones are never going to happen? Mb at the beginning, when the server population is still distributed between gludin-gludio-dion, but later not a chane. Be realistic ;p

3. Ziemann65b

Ziemann65b User

I do not know how it will be. I do not know how many shops there are in L2C RU.
    I only know just what it was like on Teon Server, Dion, Giran, Aden and MDT were full of shops.
    If I should be now imagine that all these stores just in MDT (or any other single place) and all players are looking for shops also to this place is. Then I would not be there.
    1. I must long to wait until all the stores are loaded.
    2. I have no place to target click a particular shop.
    3. Will be looking for something specific, is the horror. Too many store labels next to each other.
    4. No place to click to move around.
    5. As shopowner too much competitor.
    Then I would dispense to porten to MDT and prefer to buy directly in the city even if it should be more expensive.

I like it the way it is now, everyone can decide where he opens his shop itself.
    Maybe be first, all meet in MDT.
    But if it gets too crowded there, some will go back to the cities.
    We shall see.

4. Girenas

Girenas User

1. Get an SSD it will take like 10 sec to load all the shops
    2. Use /target command
    3. There is a private store search system
    4. Use WASD keys to move around
    5. It's Classic, mate.

Fuzzyy likes this.
  5. Vernith

Vernith User

If only you couldn't open private store on MDT, all those issues would disappear.

6. Ziemann65b

Ziemann65b User

1. I do not buy SSD only for the game. (And I think the lag is from the server, I have received all the data from the server where which shop are. And I think the bandwidth from server to client is limited by the server. So it does not matter what has for a bandwidth my Internet . I do not know because of. But I do not think that any client is connected with 100GB/s to the server. But I may be wrong)

2. would go if I can read the names. Which is not the case with every shop because they are too close together. And I do not want to enter 20 times "/ target name". Click 20 times, is there better.

3 Yes true, because I had not thought. That makes it easier.

4. the whole game is to move click, but for shopping must I use WASD ?. But OK, would go.

5. Yes, It's Classic. I can go to the MDT with a lot of competitors, or I'll stay in town with fewer competitors. And like I said, if MDT is very full, I go into the city.

7. PartyPooper

PartyPooper User

You are wrong (about the server lag). First of all, the bandwidth and processing power of a server cluster is orders of magnitude higher than whatever you may have. It is easy to check however - open fraps, record the fps of walking arround mdt, then start a download (or just open a torrent client and set it up for 70-90% of your bandwidth), and record mdt again. You will see no difference exept a small latency lag on your commands, but fps and loading time will stay the same. That means lag comes from hdd acces time, and a ssd would fix that.

You will also limit the number of potential customers. Your choice tho.

8. Ziemann65b

Ziemann65b User

Yes. I think that way. As an example, assumed MDT has 1000 shops and 100 customers. So 1 customer at 10 shops. But high probability that my Shop is not found by the customer.
    In the city 1 Shop (of course my Shop) and 5 customers. So only half of the customers, but also the guaranty the all see me.
    Just wait and see how it will develop on the server.

9. iMadD

iMadD User

I have informations they opening a market place at floran village and they add also shopping trolleys where they can transport you from anywhere on the map there.
    True story

10. Ziemann65b

Ziemann65b User

Yeah, shopping trolleys. That's what I've always wanted to have in L2.

11. Traygard

Traygard User

Utter rubbish, once everyone has some money they wont even look at the port costs.

12. Madrax

Madrax User

Let people organize shops where they think it is best place. Why do you want to create dedicated zones?

First keep in mind that Teleports cost adenas.
    Then first city for a lot of people will be Gludin then Gludio.
    I think for a while we will see a lot of shops in Monster Derby because TP to this is free.
    Then we will see market in cities.

Please let the game be ruled by people and not by game designers.
    Dec 22, 2015
    An additionnal point : put offline shop option available. We are not in 2000 and Energy Waste is today a shame. I mean letting the computer running hours just to have a shop oppened is not valuable for the planet Earth' ( the real one not Aden pixel world)...

13. eXistenZ _

eXistenZ _ User

Trading city Giran

14. WizarDEAD

WizarDEAD User

As I said before, in mdt should be trading prohibited (zone where you can't sit down with store).

15. Opice

Opice User

So in the real world.. imagine that you are a shop owner. You will just make a hologram out of you and put in behind the cash desk and go home and sleep? No.. So why smthg like that should be possible in the game? :) Offline shop ***** IMO and I am glad that this private server future will not be on the official classic one :) You still have an option.. You can pay for a second account and have it in the city while you are hunting for exp :p

16. ThreeNill

ThreeNill User

For the real world there are e-shops. I agree with @Madrax , that earth is more important than some stupid income in a game.
    Unfortunately, I would also have to agree that the offline shop feature is stupid. The real solution is for everybody to be environmentally-concious and don't leave their computers on for just an ingame shop.. but we know it's not gonna happen sadly. Too many people are still careless towards the planet.. lmao @ terories that global warming is a conspiracy...

17. Opice

Opice User

Perhaps there will be an e-shop as well on the forum? :) Anyway.. these teories of save the planet etc and then you will spend hours and hours per day in game anyway.. Or you just wrote from a solar calculator? :) Anyway.. I got your point. We, poeple, are cruel to the planet.. I would also need the offline shop as I am not having my PC on all the time and will not be playing that much, but whatever.. The world will not die if you do not sell some item :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.