1. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

[HowTo] Connect to IRC via mIRC

Discussion in 'Archive 2.0' started by harlequin, Dec 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. harlequin

harlequin User

how to connect to irc using mirc.

the first step to perform is to download the client which can be found at www.mirc.com.
    next, install the program and run it. close the window that immediately pops up. (unless you feel like registering mirc or are interested in reading the introduction.)
    the next screen to pop up should look like this:

[​IMG]

if for some reason this screen does not pop-up or you close it, you can go to "file > options" (alt+o),
    or click the following button: [​IMG]

fill out the info as you feel fit; you do not have to put your real name or your real e-mail address if you don't want to.
    after filling the info out you will need to add the server we are located on.
    this is done so by clicking the "add" button next to the server options in the picture above.
    the picture below shows you how you should fill out the info in the window that pops up.

[​IMG]

now that you've got the info filled simply find quakenet irc folder, and after select random server. (that means that he will connect u in that server randomly)
    after u done that, press ok. so now u are configured ur mirc where to connect and what nickname should he use.
    by pressing this button [​IMG] connection to quakenet hes become, just wait few seconds and thats that.

after that step u are connected to quakenet, then what we need to do is simply type down in ur box this command "/join #lineage2" - that command will made u join ur community, and it looks like this.

[​IMG]

if you followed the steps correctly, you should now be in #lineage2 chat channel.
    now that you're on irc you can familiarize yourself with the commands by quake faq.

how to connect to via quakenet web

this is made for lazy users that don't wanna use an client's, by clicking on this quakenet webchat u'll be able to join us!
    just type ur;

nickname: yourname
    channel : #lineage2

i hope i helped someone who is actualy facein' this for first time. hope i see ya all there! :d

regards,
    marko "harlequin" simeunovic

2. Koren

Koren User

can you add ip for advanced users, most of us uses another irc client and if the ip was next to channel name ie, it would be nice for us (instead of looking for ip on quakenet site)

3. harlequin

harlequin User

sure,

ip : irc.quakenet.org / 195.54.159.109 - (hostname/ip') its basicly the same. :)

4. darky

darky User

well al we need is a filesrv with the client on it

5. Yamato

Yamato User

you can msg me there for anything you need : paramedic

6. AD1736

AD1736 User

for what is this irc channel? there is only spam, i don't see any diference between offtopic here on forum.

7. Slasher

Slasher User

it's for general chat/info/updates in one place. i'm there and i'm quite happy. join us!

8. Lam0r

Lam0r User

reopened @ irc quakenet! now i will need a couple of guys to get that q bot! bncs are also in there ;) pls stay and idle guys

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.