1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warlord duo support 1-51 guide for newbies (exp+gear)

Discussion in 'Class Discussion' started by 1Shadow9Fists, Jul 29, 2016.

1. 1Shadow9Fists

1Shadow9Fists User

Hello and welcome to my thread :p
    I use to play Warlord/Destro on past servers and now I'm Warlord on Skelth.
    Always legit, never bought a single adena, but this not mean you can do everything alone.
    The key to good game will always be in the help you can get from your ingame friends.
    Thank you for everything I appreciate it!

Thats why I want to share now my knowledge and help newbie warlords. I saw many who quit before they start to enjoy to be warlord.
    If you are a veteran in L2 or part of CP you will not find something useful in this thread.

prologue
    Without herbs, single WL have zero chance to succeed.
    Consider box or duo partner for minimum required to play L2 with warlord.
    - for newbie, worst support will be Overlord (OL) or Warcryer (WC). But later in the game both class will be great soooo suit yourself. I will write more later in the thread.
    - I don't know who play WL with PP/bishop and why ... and at this point I'm too afraid to ask.
    The real (heh) choice is between Elven elder and Shilien elder (EE/SE)
    - with EE you will have heal, recharge, most important buffs aka ww/might/shield plus stun and poison rezist, holy blade and later in the game - Clarity! Those elfs also got PR, this will not save your sorry "bottom" in the aoe massacre, but well ... free tp for the party :)
    EE will be best choice for box, imo.
    - on other hand, if you have partner, SE is the other great choice. Better buffs (you will still miss EE stuff tbh), VR (not that great anymore), better heals and most important part ... SE is needed for other groups as well, because of empower buff.

Our choice was SE for support and so far so good :D

The start.

Hey stranger :D you want to play warlord, yes? Then your first hero in Elmoreden must be ... dramatic pause .... dwarf! And your 2nd, and your 3rd choice. If you are lucky boy or girl, you can start playing human fighter on your 6 or 7 slot.
    Fresh account, 1 lvl, zero adena ... your first dwarf will make your life a lot more miserable also. Spoil where and what you can, exp till your eyes bleed and at 20 lvl pick artisan class.
    You will have weapon on 10 lvl, free shots, buffs, supplies ... can be worst, know that. Don't use the exp scrolls, you need every adena you can pick, not exp.
    Next is your 2nd dwarf.
    This time, depend of your luck, you can have better start gear. Bronze set and maybe top NG weapon (I play with blunt, but any other mele is ok). With this dwarf at 20 lvl pick Scavenger class. With top NG gear go spoil for soulshot D rec. Monster to hunt - Giant Poison Bee 21 lvl.
    This is something you must do at all cost and if you want to earn more adena, next target will be rec blessed spiritshots D .

Back to the dwarfs. After 2 chars its time to understand l2 market. Because if NG items cost 150k (from ppls), top D grade cost 3 millions.

Now you have to choose. Struggle for exp or for adena.
    I don't know what is worst or better, so I will show you my way. When I start here coal was expensive material. I sold everything and kept only 1 set and 1 weapon. Then I made 4 more dwarfs. Every dwarf was ~500k pure profit for me. Its barely enough if you want to start with top D grade. If you do the same on 2nd acc at least with 1 more dwarf, you will get it. Every dwarf btw 8-16 lvl can spoil coal in Elven fortress (i think that was the name, try hard to forget this loc :D ). Also, again, if you are lucky you will get some weapon drops. No need to make the dwarfs 20 lvl or make quest for prof for them. You will delete them later.
    You can do everything above for 2 weeks if you know it from start. It took me 1 month when I start on Skelth.

When you have your top NG and top D grade you can start with main chars.
    Solo, duo, where ... figure it by yourself :) just keep in mind that your SE/EE must have devoition set and the free weapon from the quest. So dont sell those items.
    D grade
    AOE pre-40 lvl is BIG PAIN in the "bottom". I hate it, I cant stand it ... never want to exp it again :D
    You must use solid obstacle aka "corner" where all mobs will attack your warrior from one direction (note: 200 degree so you will miss some of them unfortunately). There are many (well maybe not so) loc where ppl can push his luck, like AC, Ruins, 18+zones in start villages .. heh that sound cool. Also when I do aoe duo I prefer to hunt 1x HP mobs. For me the best spots was:

20-25 lvl School of dark arts/ Dark elf territory.
    Top spot is where spawn succubus and skeletons. Both aggressive, easy to kill with heal and top gear. Good exp.
    24-28 ( well lvls are optional, I use to exp on many loc and not so sure at what lvl where was the best)
    Near Dion, on the road to EG, from left and right you can see to "pool" with aggressive mobs (mandragore something).
    28-31/2 (till mobs are green to you) - Entrance to ant nest, mobs to hunt: Basilisks. Care for the Destroyer Eyes (aggressive spellcasters).
    With party inside ant nest is also cool place for exp.
    After 32 lvl struggles start again. I didnt find "best" loc so I keep exp everywhere.
    At 35 lvl you can aoe Hangman Trees in EG. Good exp, very risky.
    I get huge help for my lvls after 35 so I cant give you good advice here.

One way or another, next grade is coming to you :)
    C grade
    Remember your first dwarf, the crafter? With him, crafting shots for your main, crystallise your useless D grade drop, selling shots and all the money you pick during your 20-40 exp I cant tell you how much you will have but you will need more, again ... a lot more.
    Your elder cant stay with moonlight (free quest set at 25 lvl) robe set anymore. You need to get him Divine or at least Karmian set.
    And for the WL you will need FP set and C grade weapon.
    The most important gear order is:
    - Karmian/Divine set
    - FP set
    - C grade pole
    - jewellery for both
    The good part is that you can farm mobs with real aoe skills, like your stun and dmg skill. You need mana more then you need weapon. Thats why elder robe set come first before you become 43lvl!
    Now prices are cheaper but making money is harder. I dont have good advice for you atm. Farming SB was what we did it. CDL, DW (for the SE, not for sell), others. The problem is that you cant farm good for CDL without 43 lvl and C grade gear. Gargoyls in Ivory tower crater are better, but if there are more ppls (most of the time there will be) you cant aoe there.
    So...
    40-43 lvl Timac/k outpost (near Oren). Good exp, good drop if you are lucky (at least materials for Top D weapons), most important part - free from ppls.
    Gather 10-12 mobs and kill them with your skills only (no hitting :D ). Get mana from your elder = profit.
    43-46/7 Sea of spores (Oren again)
    Look for Tree mobs. They are aggressive, easy to kill, easy to make trains (look for spiders, get some antidotes) and if you get at least 1 CDL sb you will have your gear.

When you get your "provoke" skill you can start aoe in place with passive mobs.
    43-46/7 again
    For example best loc is around Ivory tower. Mobs to look for and rly you cant miss them: Formor, Tarlk bugbear and Co.
    With one, max two provoke casts you can gather 12+mobs (must not be more than 15) and kill them with 3-4 skills (depend on gear/buffs/dyes). Same as orcs near Oren, what you need most is mana from your elder and ofc heal. Elder must have his divine set already or you will QQ for mana.

Let me calculate this for you. 3-4 skills mean 3-4 ssc per train, max 60 gold for killing 12-15 mobs. Min adena from mob (if there is drop) 310, max - 941.
    Not bad, yes :> ?

Next --->
    The best, the greatest, the one and only place in this game where (if you get your wl there) you will fall in love with your character is in Forest of Mirrors. Near Coliseum (when you port from Aden there).
    You can start there at 46 lvl and stay till 50 lvl (but the exp is slowly going to drop).
    Look for Forest of Mirrors Ghosts. They are:
    a) aggressive aka easy to make trains
    b) best drop ever (top C armors, SoP, steel, varnish, iron ore, sb)
    c) good adena drop
    d) best exp for duo
    e) you will die a lot and at least you can dream about having SP for all your skills

bonus: Mirrors mobs, to have reason to curse NCsoft.

50+ lvl plus pick one more aoe dd and hit enchanted valley. From there less and less you will find profit in duo.
    AOE mechanics
    Your aoe skills are great, but not perfect. You will find yourself in many situation where they dont hit all mobs around you. Also in this version of L2 killing mobs in aoe with auto-attacks is not that profitable. We dont have SA, ergo no crt.stun. This mean weapon for warlords is 2nd to 3rd priority. You dont need top C at all.
    I made all my way till 51 (lol xD ) lvl with scorpio (2nd best) and with same result I could be with luxure.
    Good jewellery set is optional, still every WL want to have the top :) . When you are getting hits from 10+ mobs, one spell caster can crush you like a bug.
    On other hand armor set is the most important gear.
    FP give you health and def, cant ask for more :)
    Don't spend adena for anything else. When you start killing your train, WL must survive first and second wave of dmg, without his HP drop under 50% If your HP drop that low, you are not in the right place for you to exp or you pull too many mobs. Your elder must not lose mana to heal you, because this mean less mana for recharges.

As you can see in this thread the focus is in aoe where WL pull the mobs and its the only DD.
    AOE with mages is different kind of beer. If anyone else want to say about that, I will be happy to read about it too :)

With your stun skill there is another option how to end your trains.
    Mix stun skill with auto-attacks.
    For this you need SE and here WC also start to be useful.
    Pull your mobs, find corner and solid obstacle so when mobs start attacking you, they will be in a thick group.
    My rhythm is this:
    - start with banana +7 speed set
    - pull mobs
    - when I am close to the corner, change in FP
    - because of banana set, there is a little more time before mobs get to you and start hitting.
    - use this time to cast War Cry
    - after first hits I cast stun, to slow down the hp drop
    - if my WL is hurt and the skill is not on CD, I use Battle Roar
    - 2-3 autoattacks (depend of group and buffs) then stun again
    In this situation you can hunt with your duo partner (box is harder but also possible) 2x+mobs with good success. Farm non stop. Stun land rate on white mobs is excellent, with focus and DW your auto-attacks do some dmg (you dont depend on mana so much). And you can clear 10-15 wave of mobs without drain all mana from the elder. Or if you are with WC/PP - get some heals from him, survive the train and still have mana on WL for next train. Well ... maybe not :p
    Forgot to say - dont spend points in light armor mastery. Evasion don't work at all and with light set you cant survive aoe. Every next lvl of battle roar come first, then stun and dmg skill, heavy armor mastery, pole weapon master, everything else.
    WL with PL set is something you do when you need SP.

I want to make a note that WL can fit in every aoe group. You can exp with raids also. I cant explain every option you have in the game, that's why the focus is on duo farm. If you have OL, mages, tank, BD,SwS ... well thats another topic.

You will never lack exp and death is not a tragedy. AOE with skills mean you will over-hit mobs, your cp income will be bad so death is equal to more adena, mats and sp for you.

Look at the market, see what ppls buy and need most. For example we made a small fortune farming for CDL (hello Comedy :) , your ppls made our lives miserable when we was farming for the books ) and now we can afford BW robe set, Zubei heavy set, top C +3 jewellery sets for both and etc, before next grade.

There is also fast way to exp with groups in locations like AI, DV, EV.
    WL dont need top gear to be useful in group aoe and you can focus on exp only if you have the adena already (no rmt for god sake, have some pride as ppl).

Thats in short. I can't give you information how is after B grade coz I'm not there yet. If you want details on some aspects don't be shy to ask, I dont know every answer, but there are plenty exp ppls around.
    For what I learn, the best for WL are loc with 1x mobs, crowded with fast respawn. Aggressive is optional. Archers and spellcasters mobs are your worst enemies. 2nd to other ppls tbh :D
    If you can make fast trains with ~ 15 mobs, kill them without your elder lose all of his mana, then you are in the right spot.

gl hf

p.s.
    duo with WL maybe is profitable but can isolate you from your clan and friends. Keep this in mind.
    There are better ways to get 61++ lvl , but if you start fresh and want to fight your way to the top (heh) the legit way, this is one of the best options in my opinion. Duo with EE/SE is probably legit till 70 lvl here as was in other chronicles. How fast and easy - can't say. But can be done, I'm sure in that.

p.p.s.
    last advise. Just because you dont spend adena on shots avoid spending them on **** like hp potions, haste potions (only if you mix stun+auto-attacks you rly need them), expensive tp. Use unstuck when you have time, use cheap tp loc then run and use soe. Do everything you can to save some adena or you will never experience what is to have adena in your char only from farm. Antidotes is something you must have in you! There are ppls who don't understand how many adena they spend on stuff like that and why adena drop can't cover the losses.​

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2017
    M.Friedman, enereS, Cyane and 2 others like this.
  2. Arturas

Arturas User

u just cant fail with wl :D i play him first time and it is sooo easy.

3. AquaMarine

AquaMarine User

how to kill /griff WL ? ask MadPro and rest of "smart" ppl lurking on server, WL is easy and funny as long as you dont cross your path with there.

4. Arturas

Arturas User

wl is funny when u dont play solo. The most funny way to play it for me is to play with malee party.
    If u start to plat solo/duo u get bored kinda soon

5. 1Shadow9Fists

1Shadow9Fists User

When I start, WL was like small rb. Good drop, easy to kill :p

6. Sow-Nwe

Sow-Nwe User

I played WL on every points of view.
    WL is good in solo with boxes but risky cause lame player trying to grieff you.
    Best duo group for Warlord is necro, no more debate on that. If you can't bring necro, take second WL.
    Best party for Warlord is Mystic party on every point of views as PvE and PvP.
    Pull with banana set is risky, maybe not now. 400 bots on server aren't dangerous.
    If people grieff you : First, you MUST scout him to see if he does abnormal move. If your target is agressive to you, stun mob and run in switching banana set into bsoe / disconnect. If you got box healer/buffer in party, use heal or buff on warlord to remove aggro on warlord then disconnect healer then warlord. Solo warlord can't pvp ranged classes with mobs. You can pvp against non ranged class with mobs if you keep stun on both enemies.

"Smart people" as Fragola (Z) and co will lose patience and ask you money if they fail as usual. Or they will leave to try later. Hard life for solo WL ... You waste a lot of time to keep your WL alive against comics like them but solo WL exp very well and drop a lot (3 weapons C grade in solo/duo AI). It is just risky.

Edit : Keep trust in russian oh yea !

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  7. FragolaTV

FragolaTV User

I wasn't asking for money even according to your screenshot =) I was accompanying our WL.

8. 1Shadow9Fists

1Shadow9Fists User

You have strange perspective what is solo :D

p.s.
    thanks for bringing the drama in the thread ... thanks

9. AquaMarine

AquaMarine User

well i might be old or w/e but in my opinion solo is solo : no off party buffs ( boxes) no in party healers ( boxes) / solo is solo on buff scrols/ pots from grocery or self bufs .....
    yet i do understand that WL isnt a class to be solo :p

10. kabul

kabul Banned

The truth is playing WL here is real pain in da *** for single player without CP or group of friends (like me :D). WLs are so underestimated here I cant believe my eyes (same with overlord). I think most ppl here think only about themselves and their boxes, they are not interested in AOE pt. "Why I should go AOE with 5-6-7-8-9 ppl when I can go solo(with my box SE) and take all adena and drops for me" - its to 90% mages here.

When I started here I had to choose between archer or warlord (failed clan politic btw), so I watched a lot of movies from RU GK/Shilien and I fall in love with Warlord (I played it some time on privates server, when autoattacks gave u full hp in 1 second with vamp :p ). Why? Cause its something between DD/support char - you can go with party as a extra damage + stron AOE stunner or u can go solo for small trains and of course Warlord is a siege monster. So all mages parties should love you or party of 2-3 melee poles shouls destroy everything.
    After my and my first clan mates hit 20-22 lvl we were like xp ultra machine. Our party has future 4-5 WLs + SWS + Bishop + SE + EE + WC (sometimes). It was crazy exp i must admit. So we went like this: SODA -> AC -> EG -> Wasteland -> Ant nest/Red Rock. But with time Warlords started to quit 1 by 1. The main reason was - no chance for exp if u are online alone. You cant go solo with pole (all of us invested in D poles) cause ur attack speed ****, u have no damage with regular attacks and your skills take way to much mana for soloing anything. Luckly for me I had some SE/EE friends so I crawled someway with my pole to 36 (Red Rock AOE with many MANY stuns from dwarves spoiling iron ore, I dropped my first pole to fcking 40+ archer hunting ppl on wastelands) and then I was begging for random melee party in Cruma until 40. It wasnt easy cause ppl dont want WL so much, all classes are better, even dwarves. The real fun started after 2nd class. Before 40 this char is a trash. From my perspective now theres only two ways:
    1) exp with good friends (cause you will die A LOT, so u dont want lose ur stuff to randoms), like ee+se or cleric+recharger. In this trio (or even duo if u are carefull) u will get fast your sweet sweet 40.
    2) buy fckin sword and shield and play like a tank, forget about pole and aoe. Go kill single target mobs. It will take way more time (and adena) but its save and if u are lucky u will find some random pt or even go RB o_O

After 40 its a new life. You can go duo with SE/EE to AI and u can farm there without any rest. It can be even box because u have OP stun so you are able to kill train without heal or recharge. If you dont have party you can play like this forever but dont leave you recharger behind. You have to keep him max -4lvls behind you or you will suffer mana deficiency. Since its only 2 chars in party ull get a LOT of adena and if you are lucky some drops so you can afford TOP C stuff without any problems. Its ultra boring but its duable. You can farm like this until 63-65 i think. What is later we will see soon :)

Summarizing: Warlord is a great char, but he is the best in party as an extra damage+train control stun+debuff (howl). If u have party AOE party and u play WL you are in heaven. If u dont have party, well u can play too. Its not easy, u will die sometimes but its possible and profitable. You wont suffer lack of SP for sure ;)

Warlord advantages:
    - costless farm, ultra small SSC/SSB use, u need only HP pots and BSOE :D You have full warehouse of interesting stuff and dont haev teleport costs problem at all :p
    - no need for overenchanted weapon, top C or mid B is good enough. All you need is +3 FP or +0 Zubei's and you can farm without any danger
    - OP stun! It lands on white mobs 80-90%, yellow mobs 60-70%, PVP - depends on opponent lvl, but on your level its sooo OP
    - kinda working Howl so u can debuff trains or use it on mass pvp, but not so effective, landrate 30% or something like this
    - OP space spear attack (quick spear)! no need flag to use it. Extremely usefull on mass pvp, good damage, very good landrate. Usefull on trains as well with banana set combo
    - crowd control on siege -> u can throw a spear form space and stun a lot of enemies, then open your chips, grab a coke and watch how your DDs/Mages kill them all
    - lot of hp/survival: 57 WL with battle roar and +12 CON has ~3500 CP and close to 6000 HP. Its not easy to kill. 1v1 almost not possible to kill by other DD with revival skill and QHP and has some chances vs mage (OP stun + run :D )
    - no need for high buff -> ww+shield+might+haste potions and its done. All other buffs like magic barrier, haste2, berserker, BTS, dw, focus are luxury and not required to farm. If u have them its grear, if not its OK. You can live without it.
    - trio SWS+SE+WL=fck yeah!

Warlord disadvantages:
    - not possible to play without recharge (1 or 2 recharges), I mean REALLY NOT POSSIBLE -> no recharge -> u sit on market or watching Gatekeeper all day long
    - still vulnerable to stun, even with such a high CON stat and lion heart Im getting stun quite often (from mobs or players)
    - tatoos dilemma: u can use +CON/-DEX but your attack speed = ****, you cast your skills veeeery long, forget about regular attacks
    - big spots need to pull enough mobs according to mana use, if u dont have like 15-20 mobs you waste ur mana.
    - good spots deficit, even with 500 online sometimes its hard to find good (top) spot for farm, with good drops and without mobs using magic or range attacks
    - pretty low magic defence, if mob can drain u for 200-250 with top C set its to low for me.Mages can destroy u like an elpy. Good to have 6k HP...
    - dream of AOE party. Sometimes I'd love to go real AOE, when someone else pulls mobs (tank,sws) and u are not main DD, but for now its just a dream for me (heavily depends on clan and prime time I guess, if you have ppl for it you are lucky)

For the future Warlords: very nice WL skill usage for siege:
    And I miss Consul ;)

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
    1Shadow9Fists likes this.
  11. Maya Reinhartz

Maya Reinhartz User

Tip: If you run around enough while in Elven Mithril you can ranged stun your train which gives plenty of time(thanks to the big AoE around the target) to Warcry AND get in position.

12. kabul

kabul Banned

With Hat wind u can use warcry while running and use quick spear too. Its enough time for both. Im doing it all the time.

Or fck banana set and wind when u are on COV :D

It was my first time on this spot so its a bit lame and scary :p Now on regular SE buffs its possible to farm EV with banana set and song from hat the same way and u can pull all mobs on 1 train without healing and recharging in the process.

13. kabul

kabul Banned

I forgot about two things:
    1). You CAN'T use your skills (expect quick spear) on war unless they flag! I mean seriously WTF? Why Its like this? Can u imagine necro who cant use death spike on war without flag? This is some kind of joke for me.
    2). All my WL friends (7-8 warlords) quitted long time ago. I was the only one who passed 45 lvl... Sad but true.

14. 1Shadow9Fists

1Shadow9Fists User

One more problem :) If you pk someone you cant use your aoe skills on anyone no matter they are purple or white :D sick!!! So fellow Warlords dont go red :D

p.s.
    I will add more info about aoe tonight. And how maths is important for WL :)

15. Arturas

Arturas User

red is the best colour

16. kabul

kabul Banned

Soooo? You are 55+ now, where is next the part!

17. 1Shadow9Fists

1Shadow9Fists User

I write 2 "next parts" and both look lame :) So I didnt post them here and w8ing for more information to have some positive impact.
    I was few times in almost perfect mele aoe groups.
    BD+SwS+WC 58 lvl+bishop

What I want to exp is zerg2+clarity buffs+dance of attack speed + 2nd DD ( 2nd wl or destro). Then I will be ready to post more.

52-55+ lvls EV is the best. Low risk, not bad exp, good drop and money.
    I test it with FP+scorpio (2nd best C grade), Zubei+scorpio, BW heavy+scorpio, BW heavy+helmet+scorpio, BW set+Low B pole and finally BW set+Lance (no dyes at all)
    Well ... every gear work there. :)

18. 1Shadow9Fists

1Shadow9Fists User

Hello again! The new wall of text is coming below.

In this thread https://4gameforum.com/threads/602246/#post-8638707 we talk more about those 2 skills and how they work in Skelth/Classic.
    To be WL you really need to pay more attention to your maths. There are few (less then 5) loc where Warlord can control easy the number of mobs he pull.
    The main quest for WL is to figure it out how many mobs he can pull, kill and survive without huge lost of mana from his SE/EE.

Again I lack understanding how much mana SE/EE get from +MEN dyes and is it worth it.
    Active supports dont go -WIT because this hurt your rez bonus, cast speed (obvious) and you buff/heal like baba.

But!
    In some locations, depend of lvl and gear, Warlord dont need heal to survive his trains. You need only 4 buffs (ww/shield/might -depend of your box char DW or stun rez). The maths is simple - you rest btw trains (mobs to respawn) meanwhile your box heal and recharge you slower ofc, but again - you have the time. With +MEN in theory he can regen mana faster so you can pull longer before full mana rest for your box.
    It's so situational, I do not know whether is worth doing it. Because on your next spot there may be huge need for fast heal and when you dont get it - dead.

Think about +CON on your box/partner. If you pull ~ 15-20 mobs 1xhp some of them dont get hit by your skills, WL easy lose target (no idea why) and heal generate aggression toward your SE/EE.
    When mobs are 52+ lvls, strong attack, there is big risk to lose the SE/EE. Also when your box is lower lvl, outside party, weaker gear, etc.
    +CON (-STR) can be in great help for situation like this.
    Dont forget to buff your SE/EE with ww and shield... trust me here, help a lot :D Do it in the macro /target-buffs, next target - rest of buffs.
    Another tip.
    We dont use shots for heal. Almost never. Not for buffs, not for heal, non, zero! We dont fight in places we need the bonus heal and cast speed to maintain our aoe. I mean about our core zones, not when we hunt and test different loc.

I will note this again. Duo Warlord+SE/EE can generate huge amount of adena only by simple killing mobs. Every adena you save from potions (heal, haste, antidotes, etc) and from shot, will multiply the adena outcome. Taste it, you will see the different!
    TBH after many fails when I restart and forget to click on autocast of shots I understand that my WL can cut 1/2 usage of shots and still maintain good killing spree ...but then again you must be crazy to do it with C weapon and full ****** with B grade :D
    But again - if you have 58 EE outside party, orfen earring and you hunt 1xHP mobs ... its legit to do it :D .

Lets talk a bit about 3 skills - Provoke, Howl and Thrill Fight:

1) Provoke or PLEASE WORK ON PASSIVE NOT ON AGGRESSIVE MOBS OMFG!!!
    This skill have one huge weakness. How to say it ... hmmm if you hit with mele attack 1 mob, all mobs who are social to it will also run after you. If you provoke 1 mob from group, the other mobs will not go after you. If you never played with WL, your first thoughts will be "how is possible aoe hate skill not to affect ALL mobs around". Well ... it happens because its also ... debuff skill. When you pull 15+ mobs and you use provoke around mobs who are not aggressive toward you its like 99% of time your provoke will affect only MOBS WHO ARE ALREADY AFTER YOU.
    You need great speed (song+zerg+7 set bonus speed) to outrun mobs after you, get them outside provoke range and then cast it fast so the skill affect other mobs as well, not only those 15+ after you. You need full buffs for attack speed+dagger so you can cast provoke fast.

You can also use Provoke between stun-dmg skills to generate more hate toward WL (save the healer) and lower spear rez (tbh not sure how much this affect your dmg).

2) Howl skill or how I call it "WTB SP"
    Not worth it vs 1xHP mobs.
    Not so worth it in skills only group. Depend ofc I use it in EV when I already dont need it :D And when I need it most, mobs rezisted to it hahaha
    If you lvl it at max, good in aoe mele groups.
    Affect RB as well. In case of RB group with tank, Howl can be useful.
    The main problem with this skill is when you cast it and 80% of mobs rezist to it. Then you fail hard.
    The good part is that with this skill you generate hate toward WL when your dmg skills are on cooldown and your healer can do his job safer.
    When you start using this skill you will also understand why I call it "wtb SP"

3) Thrill Fight or how I call it - wtf is this ****!
    Bonus attack speed vs lower movement speed is like getting 3rd hand but without fingers.
    This skill is my personal hell because most of the times when I play I'm lazy and dont want to smash 10 buttons at once.
    You need to cast it, then remove it, then cast it again and etc for some unknown unholy purpose ><

I use this skill most of the time (in past servers) when I am 2nd aoe dps (this mean one more WL or Destro) and ofc I dont need to pull the mobs.
    Work well with A grade Tallum set.
    Work well when you use it before wave and then with all speed bonus +howl take the agro from the pull-er.
    It risky but with Destro with BW who pull mobs, get the first wave of dmg, dont get heal, wl take the agro with his skills, then destro use frenzy - work well.
    In place with 5xHP + mobs also, aka ToI, LOA, FoG. Not that good in cata/necro. We will see it here in patch 2.0 if I find A grade destro who do aoe... wish me luck....

And some words for those fails:

*About Vicious Stance and Accuracy - I dont see how this skills are worth it here. I barely miss with my mele attacks. So far I cant see Vicious stance doing anything... prove me wrong pls I want to know more about this stance.

*Detect weakness skills - I dont use them. Prove me wrong (again) they worth the SP spend please!

*Final Frenzy ... same as above. Terrible skills when you are attacked by 10+ mobs. Maybe for pvp its ok, I dont know.
    --------

Max your heavy armor mastery passive and add enchants to your gear when you have the adena. If you lower the dmg from mob with 10, this mean that you will receive 100-200 dmg less in the massacre. Thats huge when you didnt made your maths right or mobs can stun you.

Every WL must have bow (the best you can buy with your adena) and NG dagger (if you are cheapshot like me).

And finally the 2 skills which split WarLords in 2 groups - nabs (like me in pvp) and skilled ppls:
    Revival and Lionheart
    Master them and you mastered warlord. Fail here and you are nabs and unskilled :) There is no middle road.

Last tips - never ever let PP skill BtB stay on you. Always replace it with your Battle roar. Zerg buff is terrible vs mobs who random cast dmg spell on you but not that bad in other situations because of movement and attack speed bonus. The impact on your p.atk is not so crucial but still good.

19. kabul

kabul Banned

1). I had some dyes on my SE but I removed it. So now I have no dyes there, and mana regen is ok + casting speed is not so slow to make me go crazy (while recharge or buff/heal). I know u are using some healing macro so +CON on SE is usefull, I dont use box during train at all so I dont care about it that much. If u have adena for it it will be OK, if not its not a problem. Never forget about self buff on SE (ww+shield).

2). Provoke is not so useful here as you said. Personaly I dont use it too much. If u have to play solo (like many WLs here) just find a spot with agro mobs. No problem with not working provoke, no additional mana use for this skill and you can easily outrun all mobs (even doom knigts with hat and agathion) to use war cry before first aoe skill. I know you need it on EV south (unicorns) but there are not so many mobs there and with a little bit thinking about which way u go u can provoke enough mobs for train. You can also use howl as an agro for unicrons, it works pretty good and cost less mana. If I had to go again 50-60 I'll go like this:
    50-52/53 -> Outlaw Forest -> Elder basilisk + Oel mahum (all agro)
    52/53-54 -> EV -> Satyr only (agro)
    53/54-58 -> EV -> Satyr + Forrest Runner + Unicorn (need to provoke runners and unicrons), if u need adena u can stay there even on 59 for drop, but there will be serious penalty for xp cause level difference
    54-57/58 -> Cemetery -> Taik Orc Supply Officer + the rest here (all agro) only if EV is taken cause stun possibility, better spot if u have EE with resist stun, good drop for some mats like coal and cokes, even 4-7 per train
    58-??? the hardest level for me, I tried some EV north, but its not so good, way slower xp, a lot of mobs with magic skills (the worst mobs for WL)
    59-64/65 -> Cemetery upper spot or SOS left side -> Kadios + Drakes (all agro) pretty easy farm, a lot of good drop + spoil
    59-69/70 -> Doom knights (SOS, Cemetery, Fields of massacre, all agro) - if u have enough adena by now you can farm there like crazy (no drop at all)

Summarizing: i prefer only agro mobs and I try to avoid all spots with mobs with magic skill (not always possible). On my spots I dont use provoke at all.

3). Howl; working better than before (H5) but basicly only on green mobs, on white mobs its not worth to use it, on yellow 100% resist. Usefull at RBs and PVP. If u have enough SP, u can buy it, but first buy all other useful skills and passives.

4). Thrill fight - only when u have someone to pull mobs. Useless @solo farm. I bought only 1st level by now.
    Vicious Stance and Accuracy - useless, no SP for this
    Detect weakness - 5% is not much, but u can buy those low SP cost <150k SP, like bugs, useful on cemetery (Kadios)
    Final frenzy - useless, Ill buy it on cap lvl at the end

5). About armor sets - until 60 FP+3 or more (not so expensive to oe it) or zubei's +0 is enough, if u have Doom set GZ, but i dont think it is worth its price before 2.0. I think more important is jewelry set. I use TOP C set +5 and its enough for now.

6). Bow + dagger = must have. Bow for PVP, dagger for skills. I have no grade dagger and Akat bow for robes. Since u cant attack unflagged ppl with skill and pole is terrible slow on SE buff you need to work with bow.

7). I use macro for Revival: equip dagger + use revival. With pole u are to slow to use it. You'll be dead while casting. Lionhear - till now I use it only on cemetery or PVP. It is useful on ABG, but you cant go solo there, no enough dps, ull mana will end before you kill train).

8). BTB - ppl will never learn: DONT GIVE BTB TO ANY WL! Luckly on 60 I can replace BTB from most of PPs with Battleroar so I dont care anymore. But if u play PP pls remeber: give ur WL BTS not useless BTB. Berserker - there is no such thing for WL at all, always remove it, the only exception from this is: when you have party and tank for AOE. For solo farm never use zerk.

20. Scarecrow

Scarecrow User

So if you are red u cant use any skills to attack people ? or did i understand something wrong ?
    starting a wl today, wasnt sure about gladi wl or tyrant.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2016