1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[08.09.2017] "Watermelons" event preview

Discussion in 'Team Blog' started by CM Fragola, Sep 8, 2017.

1. CM Fragola

CM Fragola Innova Group

This is a PREVIEW of what's waiting for us (hopefully) next week at Skelth.
    [​IMG]
    Planned Dates: 12/09 - 03/10
    Planned Mechanic:
    1) Monsters drop nectars.
    2) NPC exchanges nectars for watermelon seeds
    3) Plant a seed, grow a watermelon, smash it, get a chance to obtain rewards. Big watermelons can be only killed in group.
    4) Possible rewards are:

Enchant weapon and armor scrolls D/C/B/A-grade, a ton of 1h talismans (usually obtained at Pona), Crystals D/C/B/A-grade, armor D/C/B-grade and weapon D/C/B/A-grade, sealed runes Lv.1-11, Blessed Scrolls of Escape and Resurrection, various buff and XP scrolls, 5min Prophecy buff juices (50% chance for those), unsealing cloth for A-grade, mana and superspeed pots, pirate and dragon fruits, cakes, LSs, Epics jewels Lv.1 (Orfen, Core, AQ), +8/+16 C-grade weapon boxes, CP pots, QHPs, ton of teleportation scrolls to various towns and nectar. Resources won't drop this time.

5) As usual with drop-from-mobs event, the number of items depends on event drop-per-tick settings, not on the number of mobs you kill in a moment. The chance to drop event item from mobs is increased every day at prime time.
    6) You can also obtain Souvenir weapons and new summer outfits during this event (a couple of new hats incoming, yay):

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

The detailed description of rewards will be given in the official event announcement next week.

IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER:
    This event preview is an attempt to organize better info flow between the team and the community as a result of the feedback given in previous discussions on the forums. I believe this will help players to organize their time and exping better and see what's being done for the server. I hope you understand that in a case of negative feedback we have the right to stop posting previews and go back to "100% proven info only" mode.

NOW, if you support this attitude, please put a like (it's a good idea to support people here with likes anyway) and give me a comment below if you have any questions.​

2. CM Fragola

CM Fragola Innova Group

To understand the nectar drop we first need to understand how this drop works.

The quantity of the item depends on the number of players, not killed mobs or lvl or anything else. There's a specific number of items Amount=X (where X - number, specified by the developer). Also there's specified time interval in which this amount should be dropped - Drop_Tick=Y (where Y - is a time interval in seconds in which all Amount should be dropped, also specified by the developer).

SO

If only Johny and Bobby are dropping these items from mobs, all Amount is divided between them. The more players you have, the less number of items everyone gets. To equalize this in prime time, there's a modifier. Prime time doesn't depend on time zone directly, more on the time when server gets the most player count.

In prime time, to equalize the item drop distribution there's a separate line in event configuration TimeVariables where we have 3 parameters, simplified representation:

00:00 - 2:00 (Amount= 3);
    2:00 - 18:00 (Amount = 1); - base Amount
    18:00 - 24:00 (Amount= 3).

So, a chance to get Nectar increases x3 every day from 18:00 till 02:00 server time.

Now I can answer this question: as explained above, drop depends on number of players, not the number of killed mobs.

3. Hanzor

Hanzor User

Nice plan,but where is my top hat? :66:

4. Horyon

Horyon User

The appearence item is perma or 7 days? 30 days?

Remember the "Classic" in game name. This thinks are cool but hide the armor, and change a lot the pvp plans.

5. CommanderCC

CommanderCC User

This.

6. Wiesior

Wiesior User

And that is the good thing. All stats should be hidden.

7. CM Fragola

CM Fragola Innova Group

Swimsuit is not "an appearance" - it's a separate item and you cannot wear it at the same time as your armor.

Troy and Horyon like this.
  8. Hanzor

Hanzor User

What about those hats are they perma?

9. CM Fragola

CM Fragola Innova Group

Yes, they are perma

Troy, BlackRainbow and Hanzor like this.
  10. Horyon

Horyon User

Oh God ty... for a bit more, the Classic stay Classic! <3

11. Hindi

Hindi User

Thanks for the infos Fragola, I like what I read :)

12. Wiesior

Wiesior User

I do not remember old good L2 showed enchants of armors with this awful glow effect.

So useless, who will waste 20kk for it?

13. Horyon

Horyon User

I dont like this glows but i cant stay talk about this new think forever.

Useless? Its a appearence, if want buy if dont so just sh******. =) Better than appearence in armor.

MazsNieks likes this.