1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what server u want pay2play or free2play

Discussion in 'Community' started by nedius007, Oct 21, 2017.

Tags:
?

what server u want pay2play or free2play

1. Pay2Play

36.1%
  2. Free2Play

63.9%
  1. nedius007

nedius007 User

like title says

2. Esclade

Esclade User

there is no way they will make this p2p

3. CoraCeltic

CoraCeltic User

I would like a server where we don't have to pay 20 euros for large Iggy box but i would pay to play if it was fair i.e pay monthly and get credit for cash shop equal for everyone,and all cash shop items are non transferable,so u couldn't pay on 3/4 different accounts to benefit one account,n this **** over let's do Pbs n only the strongest party get the loot,ok rant over

4. Unknownz

Unknownz User

F2P without upgraders in cashshop, seems pretty simple to me.

Innocents, CoraCeltic and Esclade like this.
  5. CoraCeltic

CoraCeltic User

Yea like that

6. 3EPHOEd

3EPHOEd Global moderator

Pay2Win

7. SolidX

SolidX User

Do not even make this P2P. You'll have about 30 people on the server

8. nedius007

nedius007 User

wel i think it wont be pay2play it wil be free2play for sure

9. Innocents

Innocents User

It will probly be that. Way simpler to put in place, way simpler to attract people on the server, and.... way simpler for making people quit with hardcore cash shoppers, reminding us how this game is stupid in Pay2Win.
    The real question for me is : How to make this game fair enough among players whether it's P2P or F2P ?

10. Netzavare

Netzavare User

The RF Online fanbase is both fairly small and spread far too thin for this game to work with a subscription model. Perhaps you could offer a premium membership that included increased exp/pt rates and a couple stacks of ore every month. Something that is nice to have and makes grinding a bit easier but at the same time does not offer a big advantage over the rest of the population.

There are tons of private servers for this game. Typically what happens is people wait for a new server to start up so they can get in early and play while everyone is at the same general level. It's really fun for awhile and feels like the old RF experience they remember. However if there are any P2W elements like gear donations, a few people make use of them putting themselves at a massive advantage compared to everyone else. Then people stop playing, the population doesn't grow, and the server dies. Rinse and Repeat.

Ideally a new server would want to avoid this fate.

Innocents likes this.
  11. brasileiro

brasileiro User

You can not make this pay2play game. The game structure like items and etx does not allow it to be so the game was not built thinking about it.

12. Netzavare

Netzavare User

I don't think that's true at all. Originally RF online had a subscription fee. The problem is the playerbase is too small now, and a sub fee would definitely drive away a lot of people.