1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have doubts P2P is best solution for this server

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Wiesior, Feb 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wiesior

Wiesior User

There is a lot of things that does not work well in this version of Lineage 2. And the issues starting with class balance, server population to RMT. And main reason of it is simple:
    THIS VERSION IS DESIGNED OVER ITEM SHOP

And now:

1) Our version is preattty much one shot mess and CC fest. Game mechanics is desiged for items that we donot have acces to. This items are both item shop items as a grade sets and jewellery that does not realy exist in our server.
    Just look at KR version bishop HP:
    There is no way our version can work correctly without same items in game. The game Damage multiplers are ready for character with around 60k HP while we do not even have a grade sets and do not have armors enchanted more than +6.

2) I do understand people do love P2P system. I do as well. But to be honest in this game it doesn't matter because main advantage does not exist. It does not give fair chanses because this server is flooded by RMT and everything can be bought by real money. F2P system could give few fixes:
    - Obviously rapid grow of server population. There is no doubt the F2P bring more players than P2P. Also IS means bost to faster exp and faster cach up the server top for new players.
    - IS would make income to Innova, not RMT companies. Game is P2W anyway, but better make it legal and controlled by publisher than let RMT earning money and create unfair and unclear situations.
    - And the most important the IS items are must to be included to game because the game mechanisc simply require them to work in this version of game

2. iFilda

iFilda User

I get your idea, kind of at least. But for real, I don't know whether you played on core or Ramona because legal microtransaction system makes huuuuuge gaps between spenders and free to play players, rmt is a problem that can be tracked, person banned and everything. But still people are afraid to spend unreal amounts because they're scared of ban or because they are not expected to. In f2p system if you want to join a factor clan you will be expected to put a lot of money for every new content. And right now, even the biggest fishes in the sea started to complain about prices set by innova. No offense to the company but they're milking so so hard. You do not want a free to play model. You should cherish pay to play model with every bit of your lineage players' heart.

3. Wiesior

Wiesior User

RMT also create huge gaps between players. Some players on Skelth invested small fortune for it. And seems it is not tracked since major RMT is well known already from years and still no action from GMs. The game is clearly P2W, let's make it at least fair and accessable for all. And at same time bring balance to game since every single game mechanic of classic is designed and balanced over IS.

4. Delray Misfit

Delray Misfit User

I agree with you about class/item/skills balance issues. For example we have ponies putting out S grade nukes while people are just getting their A grade armours and jewels. You are also correct about the one shot nature of PvP atm. There are other issues such as fear land rate for example. If we don't have the items to counter balance these problems as you suggest KR does then we should get some bespoke tweaks in my opinion.

I don't agree with you on the F2P model. P2P keeps a lot of undesirables out of the game. With F2P you would have a ton more bots and it would just exacerbate the RMT problem not diminish it.

5. Ptitlaby

Ptitlaby User

A cash shop, unlike any illegal trading (such as RMT) as unlimited resources. Some players here have much more money than you can imagine, and it is not uncommon to see some Lineage II players dropping 2-3k€ per month on the game. And that's not the top players doing that. At one point when there is no cash shop, you can have all the money you want, you will not find what you are looking for. With a cash shop, you will see unlimited spending with unlimited items ingame. Any mean to reduce that (limited to X item / week per account for example) can be circumvented.

Regarding your other points :

- F2P is a quick grow, a little plateau, a quick decrease in population and then a very long dead for most if not every game.
    - I believe Innova's is a full fledged company with business analysts who already ran prediction on Day 1 regarding income between subscription and cash shop. If they didn't change, it may be because it works better for them in the long term ?

F2P means also a lot more bots. Remember the DE Summoners on Korean servers running in group of 50 in Forsaken Plains from monster to monster ? I do.

Last but not least, the game may be balanced differently on KR due to some items, but it didn't stop Russia from killing Antharas instance without them. It doesn't stop them to farm more, get more OE'd gear, and more A grade sets. You were talking about A grade weapons and armors, they are already there. There are more and more cloths on the server due to Clan Arena & Zaken, things will get there eventually.

If you want to listen to any Lineage II veteran who lived through the Subscription > F2P change on NCWest, they will all tell you the game was better before

BlackRainbow and CM Fragola like this.
  6. CM Fragola

CM Fragola Innova Group

Thank you for your feedback.
    Currently, L2 Team at Innova doesn't plan to change the model at Skelth.

Arayeth, BlackRainbow, Horyon and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.