1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who is currently running 10+ clients with no lag? And your specs?

Discussion in 'Community' started by AbeFischer, Feb 11, 2018.

1. AbeFischer

AbeFischer User

Coming back to L2, last time I played was 2008. Now I'm working from home 3-4hrs a day and got a hell of a lot of spare time. Was gonna go free 2 play but LOL, I'd rather play LoL (nah LoL *****).

I'm gonna run 2 parties of 6 (total 12) and just level all toons high enough so I can jump into action on whatever class I want. Also for fun, I love this game.

Question is, what kind of rig can handle 12 toons doing PvE without lag or dc? Is it better to have two rigs? I've read somewhere that you can split a core into two clients? Is there a lot of lag that way?

Please don't advise me of what to do or buy if you have no experience in this.

Current budget: $3500

Spend wisely.

2. recka

recka User

just get a cpu, i could handle 14/15 clients with old *** i7 2700k, it didnt run crappy for me.

i7 2700k
    16gb ram
    some ssd disk

vid card i dont know but its beyond **** AMD Radeon R9 200 Series got this now but before this i had i believe hd5870 which is what i had when i ran **** ton of clients.
    did edit something in l2.ini i think no clue if it had effect, basically its all a long time ago but i think with a machine hitting even close to 3500$ u just do a massive overkill for this game.
    better focus on something else u do with PC also and buy **** according to that and not to l2

3. AbeFischer

AbeFischer User

dude i dont care for the i coulds or i dont knows or if it was all a long time ago...
    you're referring to old l2...this client is different.

does anyone know if this is still a single thread **** client or do i need 2 threads per client? in that case im best off with a i7-8700k cpu per pt.

i tested 3-4 clients on an i7 7700k and it lagged...obviously it wasnt using *decrease background performance* and no tabs were minimized...but there was still some lag...the gameplay im looking for is low graphic and non stop fluidity.

is there seriously noone running 9+ tabs these days? that used to be a standard back in the day; playing with tonnes of accounts.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2018
  4. recka

recka User

if u lag already with 3/4 clients u obviously doing something wrong cus i can run 5 clients on classic flawless, nowadays i run only 3 and can still open gw2 (in my case) and go into mass pvp there without any problems.

5. Padj1l

Padj1l User

Just out of curiousity, why ( and how ? ) the hell would you plan on leveling 2 parties by yourself unless you want to run them all with bot ? In that case asking this on forum is kinda weird.

6. Ginto

Ginto User

WELL before i could do 20+ clients easly (for AQ login) but now after Spectre update on windows (yes abit ironic this name but well it is as it is) 9 is max after that windows start freezing.

7. Ptitlaby

Ptitlaby Moderator

Sux, especially since Spectre shouldn't affect game performance this much :(

8. Ginto

Ginto User

i dont think its spectre alone that causes this i think its something with frost+spectre atleast it ***** that its a pain in the *** past 8 clients nowadays 9 clients is my standard when playing.

9. AbeFischer

AbeFischer User

L2 is beautiful. I could have fun on any class. I'm gonna setup 2 sweet mini cps. So I still have space to play around.
    It's gonna be fun working raids with them jaja

Ginto whats ur setup? Do you get DC'D often?
    Feb 12, 2018
    http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Core_i7/Intel-Core i7 i7-8700K.html

Any gd?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  10. Ginto

Ginto User

im running most clients on a old 950 i7 and 16gb ram:D it runs L2 smoother then my 6700k LOL

kinda says enough

11. imCld

imCld User

I can run 4 clients with easy on an i5-4690k overclocked to 4.3ghz and a gtx1070, 16gb ram, and I'm sure i could run probably at least 9 with easy.
    L2 is one of those old games that can only use a single core, so looking for a processor with a lot of single core performance is the way to go.
    I wish I more accounts to test how much I can run and give u a better answer lmao.
    Glad to see old players coming back. Cheers.

12. zRobb

zRobb User

Can you Guys give me some advice about how you get this amount of Charakters controlled, ALt-Tab or is ther any legal (for Innova) software that can help me and works with L2 ? I really love this whole multibox thing but im totally new to that buisness, atm i play 2 chars with PC and Laptop..woks fine because of 1 Keyboard for each charakter. yesterday i tryed adding a 3rd but i had to alt-tab the whole time to get him running,attackin etc. i read about some programms like hotkeynet etc. but im afraid of getting a ban for useing it ,)

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  13. SaMaNoSuKe

SaMaNoSuKe User

it is all about macros + optimize perfomance uncheck

14. DatScion

DatScion User

I run 12 clients with my i5 4690k @ only 4,1ghz once they all loaded its kinda 'lag free' (gtx1080+16 GB RAM)

@Lionna running 12 'lag free' on Laptop xd

I dont think u will get it 100% fluent , it is still a bad engine. (Unreal Engine 2.5)

Just give it time to load up

Some People use 3rd party Softwares for faste tabbing, be careful tho , its bannable

15. Zanee

Zanee User

SSD & RAM & i5 is the answer

pref. a bit oc like at least 4.0 clocked, and ram no less than 12 gig, pref 16.

16. AbeFischer

AbeFischer User

can a AMD FX 8350 Octocore 4ghz handle 6 clients (lowest possible l2 settings + background perf opt)?

17. Constance9

Constance9 Moderator

Probably, i can do this on my laptop so why not on desktop :D

18. FurrierTransf

FurrierTransf User

I played Lineage on IBM ThinkPad X20 (with an extra stick of 512MB RAM) on GPRS data plan.

19. Lionna

Lionna User

also important is how many clients you run with optimize performance :p
    if i run 12 clients, i need to restart them each 2-3h if I tab a lot to keep it fluent.
    also the graphic isn´t that enjoyable :D

20. 1Shadow9Fists

1Shadow9Fists User

Guys, can I ask you something also :)
    Whats the best and cheapest config to play 3 acc at max settings daily and 2 at siege?