1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Animus XP rates

Discussion in 'Community' started by Agaravel, Mar 14, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Agaravel

Agaravel User

Animus needs to receive the latest hit XP. It is almost impossible to evolve the Paimon and Inanna after lvl 40.

2. Splodey

Splodey User

Leveling Inanna was always a chore. Leveling Whymon was always next to impossible beyond 40.

3. Ichiban

Ichiban User

Even with the summer update, Inannas still don't receive shared exp from Summoner/Party. Only Paimon, Hecate, and Isis benefit from shared exp on summer update. But I did like how they buffed Inanna def in this version to the point where players miss their attacks on Inannas. If they can't implement summer version's animus exp mechanic, I hope they at least double or triple the animus rates.

4. Splodey

Splodey User

You know this is a 0.5x exp rate "Hardcore" server, right..?

Ezmode is that way *points to private servers*

5. Ichiban

Ichiban User

One thing I notice whenever people discuss about animus exp are comments like these. As it stands right now, two of Cora's race specialty animus are useless and obsolete. Oh and did I mention that they take a TON of work for little to no reward? Seriously, there are better points in my argument for you to attack than the simple "ezmode" and "hardcore" comments you just made.

6. Splodey

Splodey User

Okay I'll attack the better points in your post. You are asking Innova to make changes to the game CCR never addressed in over ten years. They have more important and relevant things to work on right now such as MAU def balancing and putting Isis attack back in line with where it should be. You're asking for the mechanics of how 2 of the animus gain exp to be changed? I'm pretty sure the best we will get is an overall change to animus exp.
    Inanna takes a long *** time to get high level, like weeks/months of playing. Whymon takes years. What do you even want to use that failure of an animus for anyway? It hasn't held aggro for years.

But by all means, suggest away to your hearts content.

7. Ichiban

Ichiban User

First off, I will state that I am also not in favor of MAU blessings (specially HQ PB drops) and Elven weapons and hope that they are also removed on official launch. But that point is neither here or there. We are discussing about the two lackluster and obsolete animus in the game and how it could be improved upon. Also, both of those suggestions are not mutually exclusive to each other. Why not have both? It's not like they could do one and not the other. In fact removing MAU blessings and Elvens from the game is very easy, just remove the PB or edit the drop tables. As for importance, yes the MAU blessings and Elvens should be addressed first. But like I said again, that is neither here or there.

Now back to the original discussion. If you read my earlier post, I mentioned that I am all in favor of implementing the animus exp mechanic introduced with the summer update. An update that CCR made and implemented themselves on Redfox and Playpark official servers, so your point about CCR not addressing it is invalid. In case you or anyone else reading this thread don't know about it, basically animus now gets exp similar to how party bonus exp works (aka leeching). This can tremendously help in leveling Paimon, Inanna, and to a lesser extent Isis and Hecate. Now you might ask, "why should we even bother with leveling Pai and Inanna?" They are actually good at higher levels and it improves upon the Summoner class' utility. Up until now, almost every Summoner go with Hecate and Isis for PvP and PvE.

8. Poptyping

Poptyping User

Unless they updated paimon recently, then it's terrible even at high level because it doesn't hold aggro

Inanna could probably use a bit of love but I think isis and hecate are still decent levelingwise

9. Agaravel

Agaravel User

isis and hecate, are levelable up to level 60 ~ 62 on redfox server. Inanna and paimon until lvl 55~56, but it is possible to level them at level 60.
    But the server is lvl 70! No has animus 63+ on the server. And you do not have sumonners at high levels either.

We need paimon Aggro, and Inanna untouchable, Isis with damage and Hecate with crit.
    AND
    We need best rates XP,decent rates.

Paimon aggro is wonderful on redfox server. The problem is the slow rate xp, on lvl 60

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  10. Splodey

Splodey User

Everything you just said references 55+, which this server will not go to..?

Why not just ask Innova to add Bahumat as a summon with unbreakable aggro, AoEs, healing, self regen and crits? You'll be happy to play a summoner then yeah?

You sound like the **** that want to keep the broken MAU defense and elvens/blessings in the game.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2018
  11. Agaravel

Agaravel User

Want a balanced summoner, which can use the animus according to a need.
    Is it so difficult to understand the idea of balanced classes?
    The mechanics of the game require that we use all the animus, according to necessity. We do not do a lot of damage and we do not have great defense, if you have not noticed.

Save your ridiculous comments for yourself.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2018
  12. Splodey

Splodey User

You want a different game I'm pretty sure. I played a summoner back in the Codemasters days, you didn't need Paimon to tank, you know why? Because tank classes exist.
    Graziers hit just as hard as a Bellato Wizard AND they have a summon. What is this idea of balance you speak of? Also what mechanics force you to use a pointless animus that can't hold aggro? (If this has been fixed then it is a moot point, use Paimon all you want.. Don't request that you can get it leveled up as easy as Isis though? This was never the case in the past and Cora was always huge on Korean servers IIRC. Koreans actually know how to grind, it seems.)

If your arguement is based on soloing this game don't bother replying please. This is a game meant to be played in groups, with fellow players on your race, friends if you have any.

There is no one class that can do everything and their shouldn't be either as this would create an imbalanced game. Again, if you can't see or understand this, please, keep your opinion to yourself, if Innova cater to people such as yourself they will destroy this server.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
    Lem0nTree likes this.
  13. Orophin

Orophin User

AFAIK Paimon aggro was fixed on one of those 55+ updates, which made it hold aggro even on PBs vs ragners and casters (I'm pretty sure you can search for videos on YT and you'll find some), same as the animus exp gain mechanic change, which made life as a summoner easier.
    We know the classic paimon has always been ridiculously useless (and they fixed that), but inanna is pretty damn useful and it's a pity that you can't effectively level her up. I'm always playing either bell or cora and while bells have to deal with steep costs for MAUs (which made me broke several times over the years) I think the most punishing race towards people who just want to play a game is Cora. You can't just have a life and play a cora summoner or spec to it's fullest. (PTing, buff/debuff leveling, etc... you can deal with that as other people have to, but Paimon and inanna leveling... that's another story, you need to live chained to your PC to have a decent set of summons, at least with the curent state of the animus exp mechanics)

14. nedius007

nedius007 User

Paimon agro was fixed in 1.5 update but that server is closed

15. Splodey

Splodey User

Lets see.. If you want ezmode, go play Accretia, they have the simplest set up. If you want to have a higher potential and have to work for it, play Cora. If you want something in the middle, play Bellato.

Having played all 3 races and extensively looked at their strengths/weaknesses, in my opinion, advantages race wise for early/mid/late game go, Accretia>Bellato>Cora.

But.. And this is a monumental but.. It all depends on the size of each race and the calibre of players. There could be 3000 players total with only 100 of them being Accretian, it's still very possible that the server could be dominated by those Accretians from early game, right through to a year later.

What is my point? That you can't base balance on what you've seen on servers past or present. A handful of exceptional players will still get a lot more done than a zerg of uncoordinated players. That's an undeniable fact. It doesn't mean Cora should be given an easier time reaching their late game power, this just leads to imbalance.

At the end of the day, this is an mmorpg, they are meant to be played daily with a level of commitment that is not seen in other games. RF Online specifically is a very old mmorpg, from the days of true grinding and Innova is trying to bring back the classic RF experience (their own words).

So please, stop asking for them to turn this into some casual gaming experience, if you want that, go play a private server that has increased rates and caters to people that don't have the time to put in.

16. Ichiban

Ichiban User

i'm not gonna argue about animus exp anymore since some people clearly don't/can't/won't understand why it's broken at the moment. But this?
    Acc gunners have the highest ceiling in the game bar none. Not to mention they have the easiest setup in terms of grinding PT, skill buffs and whatnot. Compare that to Cora summoners where they have way more workload early in the game. You need to farm/craft elite spells, as well as level that hecate you initially got since that one won't magically level-up with you if you don't have summer update's animus exp mechanic (not whymon or inanna since those are useless animus like you said). And you have to either make another MageWarrior toon or redefine your summoner to that, and create another acc toon to shoot debuff nades, since you can't even level your spell buffs with a level-up skill ring/amulet unlike warrior/ranger buffs. And the worst part of it all? Their race specialty is only relevant early-to-mid game in terms of PvP. There's a reason why you almost never see summoners at very old servers, since most mystic classes just opt out for warlocks or MageTanks as they are way more viable than Cora's own race specialty class. But whatever, i digress and the discussion is getting off-topic.

17. Splodey

Splodey User

Accretian gunners have the highest ceiling in the game bar none? You mean they have the highest potential damage, due to their one-trick skill with a longass cooldown and the fact that launchers have the highest top end of any weapon in game right? So if you meant damage ceiling, sure, you're right. Skill ceiling? Nope, they're one-trick ponies that are very simple to play AND play around.

Pretty sure you're reiterating what I've already said, Cora have it hardest to start with, they also have the biggest pay off for that work, provided you put the time in to get your animus/skills leveled up rather than spending time on a forum complaining about how long it all takes.

Regarding your late game PvP comment, what is this? A 1v1 scenario arguement? Yes, if you want to run around on you're own and perform well you need high burst damage, this is where strikers excel. As you mentioned, this is also where Warlocks excel, as they have a higher burst damage than Graziers. I fail to see how in the grand scheme this makes them lesser in PvP late game? Graziers are more versatile in what they offer and not everyone is going to get amazing late game gear, some won't get a +6 55 staff so they appreciate Isis' damage. Believe me you'd rather have a load of poorly geared Graziers throwing their Isis on a chip for DPS than a bunch of poorly geared Warlocks relying on spells only with an extra damage buff.

I'm fairly certain you'd see a lot of Graziers for the reasons I mentioned. Sure you wouldn't see a lot of high level, well geared ones for the reasons you mentioned; MagexTank/Warlock is more viable for PvP at that point. This doesn't mean Graziers are entirely useless.

The Cash Shop is the true enemy here. Upgraders mean if you have the money it's just a matter of grinding EXP and getting the items you need to throw upgraders at. Graziers have a much easier time being PvP viable until a Warlock comes along with a +6 he CS'd for. You're issue with Strikers is for the same reason but it's worse because they have even less to do to obtain their power.

The cash shop changed the metagame because nobody needs to win chip wars with classes that aren't optimal with late game gear anymore, you can cash your way there instead and skip much of the grind. So really what I think you should be asking for is a cash shop Animus rate booster so you can pay2win just like classes that only rely on their upgraded gear. (For spells this already exists in the form of PT seeds)

18. Ichiban

Ichiban User

Okay, at least we're on the same page about cash shop being the bane of all summoners. But that same cash shop is also the main reason why I mention accretian gunners having the highest ceiling in the game. All of their weaknesses are covered with cash shop items.

Yes, you are right that their siege skills have 20 and 90 seconds cooldown. But you also fail to mention/realize that with cash shop double potion buff and 70% attack sweet potatoes and burst premiums, an acc gunner could normal attack 2 shot anything that isn't wearing upgraded warrior armors. You could get around this by simply not being in the SK line of fire, but that isn't a likely scenario during CWs where most PvPs cannot be ignored or juked by moving around. Hissy potions also tremendously help gunners compared to other classes in the sense that you don't need to do a lot while in siege mode. Just a simple tab-target > skill or normal attack > watch HP > use hissy if HP is below certain threshold. Even mass debuffs on gunners can be bypassed with cash shop neutralizing potions.

But again, we are getting off-topic. I only made a post to point out that acc gunners have the highest ceiling of all classes, and that the amount of effort you spend on your summoner isn't enough to compensate it late game. It would be a whole different story if you could upgrade your animus by giving them equips and whatnot, but that isn't the case.

19. Splodey

Splodey User

I totally agree with you, especially when it comes to Hissy pots, they are dumb and the name is quite fitting.. But they should also be removed in my opinion. However, dual potion buff has been removed from the CS, so that's a moot point.

The only other thing that springs to mind is the sympathy charm. I'm sure you know what they do, so someone is /sympathetic/ to your cause. Haha.. >.>

20. Orophin

Orophin User

And that seems to be the only argument you insist on using, but you still haven't realised that this discussion is not about ezmode or hardcore or whatever you want to come up with just to satisfy your ego, it's about MAINLY PWETTY PLEAZE ASKING FOR ONE OF THE LATEST FEATURES OF THE GAME (Shared animus exp) since many MANY features of later updates THAT ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE CLASSIC RF are implemented in game and probably not going to be removed.

I mean, it's pretty simple to understand, it's not like we are asking for something that doesen't exist at all, FFS.

*notice how I used your CLASSIC RF argument, this time, in my favor*

I hope you get to understand it, I mean, I think I explained it quite clearly, caps and bold text and big fonts included, pretty easy :)