1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new server

Discussion in 'Community' started by moscow<p, Apr 13, 2018.

1. moscow<p

moscow<p User

They say there will be a new server, right?

2. Ghost-K

Ghost-K User

3. DatScion

DatScion User

they said there might be another one , but lets hope they dont split EU community like they did with russians

4. Ptitlaby

Ptitlaby User

As far as I know, there is no plan at the moment to open a new classic server.

Skelth is hovering around 1600-1800 population as far as I know, things are starting to get healthy. A lot of stuff is available on market, you can find almost anything, parties are available, and there is quite a lot of pvp. Come join us :D

BraunCRAFT and Nwelya like this.
  5. NewbieLul

NewbieLul User

New server brings more players always so its positive. Where did you hear this ?

6. Nwelya

Nwelya User

It's way more fun and healthy to got only 1 big server than few new time to time in a long time period.
    All game who create new server just kill older server and then merge both. Pretty pointless and a good way to lost ppl.
    If ppl really wanna play, they don't need new server for that.

I've start again few day ago, and guess what, I'm fine.

Take Archeage as an exemple, pretty tragic situation..
    And they don't learn and still creat new instead of fixing other.
    PPL come play 2-3 month and quit.
    But ppl who stayed in dead server bcz lot have merge on new, finaly quit aswell, bored to play on dead server.

In finality they just lost way more player than they earn.

I Hope L2 don't make this mistake.
    MMORPG are fun when they'r full, not empty.

Just my point.

SK111 and Kadden like this.
  7. Zodac

Zodac User

New server would mean skelth all over again. Russians would rush lvls/epics while EU community would go on forums and cry that russians destroy servers. You really don't want a new server trust me. It took you 1 year and a chronicle update to get to the point russians were at within a month on 1.5 so really dont wish for something you don't want.

eXistenZ _ and DeadlyArcher like this.
  8. NewbieLul

NewbieLul User

so again where did you hear this info about new server ? link pls

9. Mast3rplan

Mast3rplan User

Maybe it's time to start stopping with this fairytale ,since you know,i know,we all know,that if we remove the afk fishing people,the people that runs 123 account by themselves in automacroes,the casual ppl with 1/2 boxes,people that bought 2 euros accounts for the event,well..numbers are different.
    This said,i'd join a new server as soon as i can hoping it would be better than this,without same mistakes,etc but probably in the end it would end like this one.

10. MrOurk

MrOurk User

The same people that ask for a new server are those that don't know what 24/7 russian farming parties are and the ones that will quit first when they see it. I don't know how pvp situation is on high levels but we started here 1.5 weeks ago and managed to get to level 40 like 12 chars already and managed to get C gear for most of them with the event so unless PvP situation in high levels is totally dead, I don't think any new server is needed unless plans are to merge that new server in 1-2 years with Skelth just to get more ppl playing

11. Ptitlaby

Ptitlaby User

The point is, those people having multiples accounts help the economy to grows. Multiboxing people in Cata/Necros are adding items and drops to the server. People fishing are making the fishing stew much less expansive than they could be, so even a new player from level 20 can use them.

When you open a new server, you start from 0 again. Are you so eager to farm those Metal Hardener so you can only get C Grade ? Are you eager to fight for having soulshots C/D ? Are you also eager of getting 76+ so you can't learn your skills since there is not enough Tablets in the server for that ? A new server won't be the current population of Skelth plus newcomers, it'll only be newcomers. How many are those people. 100 ? 200 ? Let's say 400. That's 300 people failing to see they could get better gear, faster Xp and an easier time reaching "high" levels on Skelth than on a new server (and 100 people being there for RMT).

And btw, I failed to notice a big increase in server population since the start of event.

12. Mast3rplan

Mast3rplan User

You know there was ppl saying "let's make bot legit,bots help economy,more items on market".
    When for example i go in catas and see this groups autoexping in a safe zone,since it has been decided that u cant train them as mob disappears,i dont think "oh,this is good,more things on the market",but i think "i am really an idiot to waste my time here".
    Let's say we just have a different idea on how this game should be,anyway my point was just about numbers,the 1500/2000 online of skelth means nothing when u see many and many full pts going around with only 1 "active" player (where "active" here means "the one who makes the macros start"),u have afk fishermen,u have ppl that made accounts only for events,the few hundreds ppl u speak about of a new server is the same number of real ppl u have here,with people to make RMT,here as there.
    And im not saying that a new server would solve this,i just said i would join in the failing hope that it would be different,i would not care facing again the pain of making the hard exp with 0 adena if things would not turn to this at a certain point.

13. SK111

SK111 User

This.
    Imho a new server is needed when the first one is full. Fragola can correct me if I am wrong but the classic servers do have a max pop cap of 6 to 8k users.
    Where do you see 8k users in here?
    Last but not least I don't know how cata is in here. I've seen a party afk macroing in ac during the event. 1 main and 4 in follow-assist mode.
    All of them, all 5, were kissing the floor in permacarpet mode during all the week. I assume cata is a little bit tougher compared to ac.
    I don't know how gainak core was but i know for sure how gainak chronos ncwest is.
    Even the macro gods from time to time wake up and find the entire party kissing the virtual floor.

14. NewbieLul

NewbieLul User

No RU server was at max capacity when they decided to release new ones, ppl even thought why they make even another RU server, but Look what happened with Einhasad, there were so many new players after release that they had to put Paagrio server the next day after Einhasad.

The unique fact with L2 is that new players are attracted to new servers and want to play from beginning. If they were not from the beginning they don't feel really part of that server's history, cuz if you join much later you can't really change the powers of server realistically, you are just so much behind in L2 timescale, you will not contest epics, or even simple raids etc.

And there are many ppl who became aware of classic just years after Skelth started, and would join only to fresh start. If advertized right also on private sites, official L2 classic could gather many ppl from privates and currently non-players.

15. InVizO

InVizO User

Once madpro, always madpro 9 fingers

16. CDVM

CDVM User

i believe the same reason for having those macros and so many things more are the same reason of why this game gets easier with every update, i doubt many of the players complaining would be here if classic was still as intended (1.0), the game is so easy nowadays that the only reason to play it its because it dont have p2w l2store lol

17. Constance9

Constance9 Moderator

In the near future is not planned to open new server. At least, that's what i know.

18. moscow<p

moscow<p User

A new server is needed! The old server outlived itself and became empty. A new influx of players, a second wind for Europe.
    Apr 15, 2018
    The information was from one employee who said in secret that Europe is dead and need to be revitalized.
    Apr 15, 2018
    To speed up the process, you need to create a vote for the new server.

19. Zodac

Zodac User

dude you got no idea how hard you will regret new server once it goes live.
    First of all top rmt and roa pts would come to shaft adenski. Any eu party would not be able to pve cause hello competetive server 6h daily aint ****. Everyone with less playtime than 20h per day can wait till russian leave server so they can get somewhat relevant. tl;dr new server=russian server=eu/na weak community=forum flooded by 6h day wannabies.

SK111 likes this.
  20. SK111

SK111 User

So true. When teon [ncwest eu server] went live players had only 3 days.
    At those times there weren't russian farmers but chinese ones.
    Day 3 on teon.
    We were still in wooden armor.
    The farmers got manticore skin boots http://lineage.pmfun.com/npc/20563/manashen-gargoyle.html

Well we can say for sure the only reason not to play l2 classic on skelth is
    some one is too addicted to the l2 store
    and
    they have no fingers.