1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts on RF so far.

Discussion in 'Community' started by Character, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Character

Character User

Feel free to share your thoughts and opinions on the current status of RF Online. Are you having fun? What do you think needs to be changed if anything? Anyways, just wanted to hear people's thoughts.

2. Tydyt

Tydyt User

1) After more than month of testing there is still one class above all and GMs are still blind... 48 melee mau hitting 53 lau armor (ye, just pretend is 50int) for 5-6k while only 4k pots are ingame. And just to remind you - it hits faster than cd pot and for sure ill repeat its MELEE mau.
    Back in time 51 melee arms were hitting 50 int set for these 5k damage (with 5k pots ingame), they were still able to kill atk build and that way it was quite ok. I dont understand why they rise their damage by 3 lvls and lower our pots at same time.

2) Fast lvling - first 50s after week, first 55 in month - with this broken exp on higher lvl mobs why not? Using word of gm ingame "feel classic experince", huh really?

3) No bans for players that broke rules INFRONT of GM and nobody cares. And yes, im talking about "you know who".

3. Machinae

Machinae User

Bit disappointed tbh, I was anticipating players hanging around level 40-45 for a long time given it's supposed to be classic rate, the premium account boost stacking with jades/chocolate etc I think it's actually quicker to level than the last version I played a few years back. Also, xxx has upgraded intense level 55 weapon to stage 5 was kinda depressing to log into less than a week in.

Perhaps I'm being picky, but I expected to see 50's creeping in a month down the line and certainly not +5 int 55 weaps for some time.

4. BadBoy

BadBoy User

Kinda same way . I saw a guy wear 53 and having 55 int +5 staff on second or third day . I was expect old classic rf I remember . Highest level was 49 and seeing high level wearing mix 47 and 45 armor together at cw . Level 50 could make month as I remember .

I think able jade kill and CS full of pay 2 win on first day kinda kill that classic feel. Should have slowly add those to Cs . I’m also think on premium JP and wind knife should automatic in your inventory and stay in your slot . No need pop up . Also same with ele . If I pick attack and after 3-4 time I made same choice . It should automatic pick attack elem . Same with charm . Those pop up every time log in is kinda annoy .

Other then that I have a great time . Also np on resub for a month .

5. BadBoy

BadBoy User

also, I really like how quickly RF launch, no more run time error like other.

6. Ekabol

Ekabol User

Need RFO 2.

7. rf player

rf player User

But I do not think I'm going to live long enough to see this game.
    maybe my grandchildren will see
    Apr 19, 2018
    Let's talk about the inconvenient truth.

The overwhelming majority of players do not want the classic ep1 rf that is there
    second is seriously that there are still people complaining about pilots, that same class that disappears after 1 or 2 years is probably cora who is happy with the abusive use of restraint

and I say more, if this update on today's date is the final, I guarantee that this server will close very fast because in fact the classic rf was terrible and nobody wants much for being extremely difficult

but okay, so let's talk the golden points (the npc has been removed, but the points are still there) potion of 5k and 6k (and there are people speaking in rf classic and complaining about the lack of that potion) pilot does not gain experience inside of the MAU reduces the damage of isis changes the position of the towers of some cities returns the elf to cauldron the blue stone must be used in OCl and not mb

Do you want to be classic, but not much right?

was withdrawn until the seller of the red stone and make the game unnecessarily difficult

and as said rf classic and very bad and if catch the server will close and very fast
    So much so that I and other players are just waiting for this patch change to be undone so that we can play again, because if this is the end, the overwhelming majority of players will stop playing here

a simple GM message "Thanks for understanding we loaded the tests with the new patch and we will undo this change sorry for the inconvenience"

Is that or this server will close fast 1 year to open the server to put an update that most did not like does not seem a good business strategy
    There are a lot of people that even I who stopped playing for weeks waiting only this patch to be removed and people who log in once a week waiting for the news and in a short time it will be a month and then we will disappear

8. Snaggle

Snaggle User

Pretty much summed up my feelings. I was really looking forward to at least a month of lowbie PVP at chip wars but we already have lvl 50s and upgraded 50/55 weapons and we've only just hit 7 days of the server being released. The progression on this server really feels just like any other server I've played over the last few years.

9. Bellos

Bellos User

As starting lvl, I had no potions for long time, there was nearly no drop from starting mobs. On official CCR server as far as i remember, I never had this problem. I know even some folks who quitted just because of this, I managed to pass it thru by selling rare ore to higher players. But well at start, this is not the best for new-comers.

We have runners in 55gears, with +5 int 55 weapons now too, so yeah agree with guys above. Or at least rates should be like 1x for non-premium, 1.5x for premium or something... 2x well is too high imo, makes big gap, these who are high lvls will probably stay. New-comers may leave eventually. But who cares, it is their business strategy and not ours that will determine how server will stay alive.

10. Poptyping

Poptyping User

Pretty much this

55 gear too accessible, exp rates were circumvented by jades/chocs stacking off baste rate not server rate, chip war win drops are total bs

11. Splodey

Splodey User

I concur, 0.5x base rate sounded great, then we realised Jades put you up to 1.5x, with premium you're on 2x.. Tank buff puts your total to 3x.. Add a chocolate and you're leveling faster than the old post CM days.

Chips dropping 100s of talics, mostly keens from boxes is super dumb, flooded the server with money.

Was looking forward to a 35INT weapon being good. This is just the same old cashboys with +5/6s running the show.

I am disappoint.

12. rf player

rf player User

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but this is not correct end?

and we're still in beta right? then you have a reset and all the money and equipment will disappear.

because it would not be fair to start a server with an absurd bonus on the rates and then put all the new at ridiculous rates

this patch is terrible

13. Machinae

Machinae User

A wipe would probably kill off a lot more players then keeping things are they are would, this game has a hell of a lot of problems even if the exp rates were not an issue, cash shop is okay in a game as long as it's balanced which RF is not, minor exp/pt gains, cosmetics, ammunition clips, charms, fixed generators would be alright, root problem has always been with the upgrade boxes and relief jades imo creating a massive inorganic advantage, it's not even a short cut to a good weapon/armour as the game itself is so brutal with upgrading it's literally impossible to naturally obtain much above +4 especially a week in, your not supposed to be a 1 man army in an MMO.

14. Hysuma

Hysuma User

Wait, what ???!?!? Only a month after opening ppl were at level 50+ ??

i've just signed today, so what should I expect now ? People with level 60+ ? That means this server is purely P2W ?

15. Hattori

Hattori User

Well i played like 10 years ago and getting to lv 50 was fkn hard and to 55 lol impossible...isnt this server supose to be classic?...what calssic is this when u hit max lv in a month?

16. BadBoy

BadBoy User

sadly Jade kill the game . classic my ***.

as soon players ran out off jade, they will quit.

this just a quick cash grap rf.