1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

newbie question - help

Discussion in 'New to Our Server' started by Anborn1337, May 1, 2018.

1. Anborn1337

Anborn1337 User

Hello I'm about to start a journey with L2 classic. Anyway Im new to this chronicle and I have a question about best possible class for me.I have some expierience with archers and mages, but can't decide what to pick. So can you give me an advice, what is better for farm, pvp and party finiding?

2. Nebena

Nebena User

Phantom Ranger is by far the best at the moment. They can one shot in PVP and have the highest PATK. If you don't like PR, Silver Ranger is also a runner up. No one will recommend you to run a mage solo, it isn't possible without a CP. If you do run a mage though Spellhowler is amazing. Again, do not solo a mage.

3. Anborn1337

Anborn1337 User

Thanks for your answer. How about archer equipment? Is is hard to get (expensive) ?

4. Nebena

Nebena User

Getting a very good bow (6+) is expensive and competitive. You can acquire C grade gear without too much difficulty. What you should do is after you get D grade bow just save for a C grade one asap. You can use moon armor which you get from a quest into early 40's. C grade leather armor is actaully very cheap at the moment. I've seen a Thecca set for only 2kk. Hopefully the next event will involve bonus EXP and adena. You'll have an easier time if that's the case.

5. gszell91

gszell91 User

With archer the problem is the soulshots.
    You'll be using 5SSC/shot (5*16adena) for emi bow and like 3 SSB / shot ( 46adena*3) for BOP.
    For optimal levelling you need PP and BD with the archer so 2 boxes.

6. Anborn1337

Anborn1337 User

Thanks for your answer gszell. Is farming still profitable with C/B bow ?

7. gszell91

gszell91 User

If u farm at adena spots its probably ok.
    But then u get less XP :(
    Hard question.

8. Anborn1337

Anborn1337 User

I would like to ask one more thing. Few chronicles before clans were recruiting new people to join academy, so the newcomers could get some free buffs from CH and so on, is it still working like this? Any assistance for new ones possible?

9. Ptitlaby

Ptitlaby Moderator

There is no academy for clans at the moment. However, clan halls are available and you could try to search for a clan having a clan all :)

10. Anborn1337

Anborn1337 User

OK good to know. I will start playing tomorrow :D Last hint for me about quests/events that i should not miss?

11. qeddeq

qeddeq User

Just keep in mind that in classic whatever you want to do you need to do some research first. XP per mob, SP per mob, adena per mob, kill speed, respawn time of mobs, etc etc

Ideally you always want to farm at green or white mobs with low def to your main type of attack so you consume less SS and at location where mobs respawn fast. Is all about being efficient. Dont worry too much about gear for C grade, since you start making the instance from 40-52 money will come easy since you get rewards such as spellbooks, ewc, C weapons and jewels.

These are things I learned myself as a new player, its only one month ago that I had a thread just like this one opened. Now I'm nearly 44 and in full C grade :)

P.S. Don't quit between 35-40, its hard and boring but things will get much better after 40 and 2nd class transfer. My suggestion is to keep all high 100% xp scrolls and the 2 hours 100% rune that you get at level 5 (dont claim the reward just leave it there) and use them to get faster over levels 35-40.

12. gszell91

gszell91 User

If i knew the future id have kept that 100% rune up until 70+ ;)
    (Best thing is to keep it for raids)

13. Hurt.

Hurt. User

Welcome to Skelth. Don't hesitate to ask for help, "Hurt in game.

Sheepdog and CM Fragola like this.
  14. Anborn1337

Anborn1337 User

Thanks man :)

15. SaMaNoSuKe

SaMaNoSuKe User

if you are new to classic anyther tip, take an othell rune in your bow ASAP. Othell 6 will probably be best for you at low stage of game

16. eXistenZ _

eXistenZ _ User

raids? what raids? :)

17. gszell91

gszell91 User

raid bosses ofc.
    If u grow above like lvl50 and u manage to get a few parties from ur clan, lets say u can find 4-5 alive raid bosses and kill them, then its possible to get a lot of XP from them.
    Probably best opportunity to use XP scrolls.

18. Anborn1337

Anborn1337 User

Thanks for all your answers. I started week ago and now I am lvl 30 ( my box also). I managed to build a full party a few times, and tried to kill RB but it is impossible with only 1 party. Anyway Im glad there is a lot of people to play with and a nice community sharing a good advice. thanks once again.

Btw what is Othell 6?

19. Nebena

Nebena User

Othell 6 is a rune that powers up your weapon. It'll increase your critical chance by a ton. It's required for all DD players. You'll be able to obtain one, might take a bit though.

Anborn1337 likes this.
  20. Fragola

Fragola User

Hi @Anborn1337 and welcome to Skelth!
    Have a great journey here, mate!