1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[06.07.2018] Looped macro poll (or not)

Discussion in 'Team Blog' started by CM Fragola, Jul 6, 2018.

?

Is CM Fragola transferring a correct community statement on looped macro? (see post)

Poll closed Jul 13, 2018.
  1. Yes, I second that

48 vote(s)
    49.5%
  2. No, I have a different opinion (will write in the comments)

49 vote(s)
    50.5%
  1. Fragola

Fragola User

Hey folks, I got rumors that many community members are pretty mad that we didn't issue a "looped macro poll" at EU when it's there at RU, but in reality, I don't think we need to make a poll about that.

Our Team's position is still the same as the day when they appeared:
    "The RU/EU team doesn't like it and requested several changed to it already, from removing to limiting it to 20 minutes. We don't ban for them as they are a part of the game and are intended to be there by the developer, but we keep trying to bring changes to this."

We do value all feedback and the fact that RU community got the poll and we don't is just a result of RU team's being unsure on how RU community (specifically, Paagrio server) thinks about it, while here at EU I'm pretty sure I know what you feel.

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but from all feedback that I got and still getting, this is what you think, because this is what I'm constantly transferring to the Team leaders:

"EU community is happy to use a looped macro when it comes for boxed buffers, but we are not happy when it comes to trains occupying some areas of the game which could be used for normal parties. We don't think it's a healthy gameplay overall and if given a chance to change it, we'd accept limiting them or removing them at all, even if it means we need to click our buffer every 20 minutes again"

Because if I'm wrong, then well, I can make a poll for EU community as well, just it doesn't mean they will be changed instantly, just like asking Ru community this week doesn't mean we changed our position or we have an option to make quick changes.

~ CM Fragola

Wilczka, Kadden and Troy like this.
  2. Herkk

Herkk User

I would be happy to see the looping macro function removed completely, even if it means clicking some buffs every 20 minutes.

PS: The poll title and options are not quite clear in my opinion.

LE: Also, what's the point of having a poll for the RU community if the changes will be rejected by the devs?

Ion16, CM Fragola, ApOst13 and 7 others like this.
  3. Fragola

Fragola User

It's for getting a more organized feedback from Ru community to the Team by RU CMs.

4. Ginto

Ginto User

i love looping

izzek, Oscar, Bibot and 3 others like this.
  5. AquaMarine

AquaMarine User

i'm fine with removing loop macro , clicking buffs once per 20 min on alt(box) or once per 5 min on bd/sws isn't hard.

6. Ptitlaby

Ptitlaby Moderator

The feedback you ( @CM Fragola ) send to the Team Leader is my overall opinion on the topic

CM Fragola likes this.
  7. CartmanEricT.

CartmanEricT. User

The poll options are not clear because it is a poll that is supposed to clarify if Fragola understand correctly what is the position of EU community about the loop macros and loop macro parties. It is not an actuall poll about the macros...

I also support the option to remove looping macro function from the game. Standart macros are enough for using 2-3 accounts for buffs for example.

8. Paljar

Paljar User

I would prefer if looping macro would be completely removed. The macro option itself can stay

9. iseller

iseller User

I agree only in removing loop.You can alt tab every 5 min for dances, its not that hard
    The loop thing only effects having another DD assisting you from same PC, it doesnt make problem to buffers.Removing it will only kill farmers, it wont effect normal players.
    Also the poll thing as given is totaly wrong and facist.Make poll about loop macros, not a poll if fragola understand the comunity thoughts

10. Fragola

Fragola User

This poll is for me to understand if I'm transferring a correct opinion or not, because if not, then I also need a poll like Ru CMs did.

11. fishfood

fishfood User

leave it the way it is

CM Fragola likes this.
  12. Malleum

Malleum User

can we let us still roll back to the classic 1.0 version? when we swayed a month to 40 lvl and saved money for the top d weapon for a whole month?
    on the Korea in general are officially authorized bots, what to speak about the intra-game store.
    the very idea of removing something from the gameplay is stupidity. I understand that there will always be dissatisfied people, but listening to them and permanently removing new functions is stupid. With such successes, we can return to the era of dinosaurs. its only my opinion

CM Fragola and 1Shadow9Fists like this.
  13. 1Shadow9Fists

1Shadow9Fists User

I am against removing auto-macro system as it is in current state.
    I am to boost if further and make it more complex and interesting.

But I also want auto-macro users to be in special state similar to purple. Its PvP game, so people who take risk to use this function must be easy punish by others.

14. Satrianilal

Satrianilal User

Yeah i hate AFK trains. So i would suggest not to change the macro but instead bring back the old system where you could not choose npc/player. This would make getting people out of afk rooms so much easier...
    Limiting macros to 20 mins does nothing. All good keyboards support a timer to loop them all 20mins later... or whatever the interval...

RapkaV, Kadden, Wilczka and 2 others like this.
  15. Lionna

Lionna User

No point to reactivite each 20 mins.
    There is no problem about loop macros. The problem is locations :)
    Without Necros/Catas everything was fine. Loopers didn’t made that much profit and locations were very limited. Now everyone can farm necros catas and can farm tons of mats and adena.
    Before Antharas update things were better (look at market). Instance loopertraind were not able to farm high locations. Better make a topic „remove necros and catas“ :)?

530U1, RapkaV, SaMaNoSuKe and 3 others like this.
  16. Budinoide

Budinoide User

no, i want the loop macro removed from the game. (no limited no reworked)

Singh and CM Fragola like this.
  17. iseller

iseller User

Thats very interesting, and unique idea.
    Having loop macro=being in pvp state, not bad at all
    Jul 6, 2018
    You
    The problem is not necros and cats.The problem is that mobs cant be pulled 2 rooms away.If that could be done, then everyone would have to be active

Wilczka, SaMaNoSuKe and CM Fragola like this.
  18. l24eu

l24eu User

lol? about what you think? back to 2006? if macro will not work, l2 will be dead, servers with 200 online

CM Fragola likes this.
  19. Jesuki

Jesuki User

I voted no.
    I'd like to see looping macro completely removed. Thank you for asking.

20. L2Action

L2Action User

We all use "Loop Macro" and if you don't know this, then you are disconnected from this game and have no idea how its currently played!

We are not kids anymore and we all have our own life to lead. This is not 2004 where you have kids staring at the screen for hours or days. At the same time, this is not a 20 minutes game, when you grind, you need to grind for hours!

You login, go to CP, setup macro, then you can go watch the world cup or take a shower or do whatever you want, but you keep your eyes on the screen from time to time. When MA is tired or have something to do, you take over.

Another example, your living in a dream world if you think all CP players "9 People" show up everyday. There is always someone missing and you need to log his character or we can't go because we need that BD or SWS...etc

If you take "Loop Macro" away or limit it to 20 minutes, you will have a huge drop in the amount of online players and overall character activity!

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018