1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi everybody, Kinda new to L2

Discussion in 'New to Our Server' started by Thorichthys, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Thorichthys

Thorichthys User

Hello all!

So This is my first time playing the real lineage, after playing the LOL private PTW servers 5 years or so ago. I can say I dont know anything of the real game, and i'm givin it a try. I dont have that much time though to play as I used to have now I'm married and bought a house together etc and a fulltime job and so on.

I was wondering if there are classes to avoid? I played Gost Hunter mostly and Stormscreamer. Tried Tanking but diddnt like that and had a healer class, wich was OK. All +16 armor and +20- +25 wep/jewels etc so not really fun after awhile. And when the current clan stopped playing and the server was corrupt etc it died. Years later I tried another more official server, played mystic muse but the wait for mp was no fun at all and I stopped playing.

The best experience was 14 years ago playing the old L2 with a friend of mine, playing houers and houers in cruma tower. I am now doubting which class to choose.

Going for AW now but not sure if I really like it here on classic. Thinking about something else like Dreadnought/Duelist/Tyrant. (never tried those) Are those classes wanted in CP? or random party's, and no idea how they do in pvp. Also a mage could be an option but only if I dont have to sit around all the time...

Hoping that some of you can help me further, I dont want to pick the wrong class and quit within 2 weeks.

Greetings

enereS likes this.
  2. Anborn1337

Anborn1337 User

If you dont have any cp or friends to play with, you should consider to make a buff bot also. Finding party before lvl 40 may be hard... About classes: Dagers are very hard to exp and bad In pvp, same goes for gladi.

3. Thorichthys

Thorichthys User

Thank you for your anwser, how comes they are bad in pvp?

Yeah i think I should make a buff char indeed. Though I wanna first try and play the game a bit. Currently playing on a laptop so not ideal at all. If I want 2 accounts I should buy a pc first but all depends on how much I like the game.

4. CoolBreeze

CoolBreeze User

You have 2 options:
    - find cp now and fill their roaster, OR
    - prepare for many hours solo exping cuz everyone have their pets and dont give a shet about you shouting for party. (ye you find party once per week if you are lucky)

- this is my experience, tho Skelth is only server worth playing on cuz its clasics and is stable.

5. Thorichthys

Thorichthys User

Then I prefer Solo exping.

As for classes, would a dreadnought or Tyrant be able to solo, and wil it be fun to pvp on higher lvls? Cause its the pvp and siege I like the most. Or wil I drop dead before I even can do 1 hit on a mage? Cause it seems archer/mages are the most chars played.here...

6. Anborn1337

Anborn1337 User

As a dagger you just need to be 78+ and have a rune for better skill land rate, otherwise you will miss 2/3 of the blows... Getting end game is a very long way but if you reach it, U will be able to 1 stab robe and light users. If u wanna have fun during sieges try WL to stunlock your enemies or pick some ranged dd for assisting the kills. IMO WL and tyrant are very good picks, both for farm and pvp.

7. Kadden

Kadden User

Out of the classes you mentioned, tyrant would be the safe pick. You should consider boxing a support class (buffer) so that you can solo through levels 1-50. The chances of you finding a party at those levels is much lower because most players are past that.

After that, you will need a to join a clan for Clan Arena which is a huge source of exp. If you're playing at the same time every day you can also look for a CP to level / farm with daily.

Good luck and welcome to Skelth!

8. Thorichthys

Thorichthys User

Thank you for all the anwsers!

Than i'm gonna try tyrant and warlord, and see which I like the most. I'll keep the AW as well for when I want something else. Kinda like it that the class becomes good after the higher lvls. Only problem is the amount of time I can spend at the game. My wife doenst like it at all that i'm playing a game so yeah, I have to take that into account.

So which buffer would be best for those three classes?

9. EnthusedL2

EnthusedL2 User

Create a 2nd account and make a human buffer (cleric/prophet). Tyrant/Warlord will both be fine, and really you can pick any fighter and do pretty well. If you want to play a dagger, then make a dagger.

Also, start fishing so you can buy vamp rage fish scrolls. They are pretty cheap and before you know it will have hundreds of them. You will need these because prophets lack this buff.

10. enereS

enereS User

For a melee dps like tyrant/destro or classes that would kill mobs 1 by 1 you should pick a Prophet box.

For a class like Warlord, you should go for Elven Elder because you will be doing AOE xp and you will need the recharge and the clarity.

1-40 will be hard, but once you get into C grade and change to 2nd class your progress will speed up a lot.

Make sure to use the Skelth Discord! You can even contact me or others there if you get stuck!

11. Thorichthys

Thorichthys User

Thank you for your anwser!

I've also read this thread: https://eu.4gameforum.com/threads/617355/ They are arguing about SE or EE box for WL, So not really sure what to take, will prophet be better?

As for now I have an AW lvl 12, lvl 19 doing class quest for Tyrant, and lvl 12 atm going for WL. Maybe trying some other classes as well to see what I like the most, but its hard to decide being low lvl. All without box cause I'm playing on a laptop for now.

What exactly is Skelth Discord?

12. enereS

enereS User

Either SE or EE is good. PP is not for WL.

Discord is a gaming chat program, this is the link for Skelth channel - https://discord.gg/YNWw9Q

You can find many L2 players there.

13. 1Shadow9Fists

1Shadow9Fists User

We dont know yet about aoe stigma from next patch. Can be good, can be trash, time will tell :D

14. Thorichthys

Thorichthys User

Oke thank you!

I've reached lvl 23 now, but cant really find a good xp spot other than abandoned camp what takes a long time now I reached lvl 23. Any tips or should I stay there for a few lvls longer? I use those free event duals I've got but cant hit any skills so a fist wep would be better but cant find them, maybe a D grade bow would be nice for the range.. But cant affort them either, what is best to do..

Make a spoiler to make money? Haven't made an EE either, still gotta do that

15. atraa

atraa User

Hi,stay in Abandoned camp till lvl 30. Its probably best spot for exp... With duals you can farm there till 30 without problems and then you should have enough adena for TOP D wep from shop. Spoil on low lvls isnt much good adena maker in my opinion... GL.

16. kinkanat

kinkanat User

I'm on level 22 with a box clergyman, I'm in Wasteland because I was hoping I'd fall off some equipment....but I've been here two levels and nothing XD.
    And well, each level is longer to climb than the last one! XD
    Well I'm not complaining, I like it, I just hope to be able to get involved with people soon which is my goal.
    I like the demanding and difficult, VERY MUCH, but if it's with people much better.
    By the way my character is Human Knight and future DA (I wanted to be a champion but I saw in all the posts that DA is better tanke).

CM Fragola likes this.
  17. atraa

atraa User

In abandoned camp is droping gear too... :D today i got few D grade items there :) with around 200k adenas in one hour. + materials,EAD. Not bad with really awesome exp. Yep,exp is big and hard... so do it fast to lvl 40 :D then CP/CLAN.

18. kinkanat

kinkanat User

So you recommend I go to Abandoned camp instead of Westeland?
    I've been here for a while and I'm still lvl 23, I was coming up here to see if a D grade sword fell down.....but I haven't dropped any pieces and I'm two levels down here XD.

19. atraa

atraa User

Yep i reccomend it,im there on lvl 34 hehe. Awesome exp there. i got around 7 full drops D grade... but not weapon just armors. And awesome adena + thread. :) I made there a lot of adena for weapon.

20. Thorichthys

Thorichthys User

200k adena/hour? Thats alot! I make about 70k adena for like 4 lvls..