1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implement Offline shops

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by emihir0, Jul 27, 2018.

?

Add an optional feature - Offline Shop to the game?

1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

50.0%
  1. emihir0

emihir0 User

Everyone knows what they are - a yuck private server feature. However, would they really be bad for this server? Let's have a look at the list of pros and cons.

First I want to stress that the way I'd imagine the offline shops would be implemented is that the account would be treated exactly as it is right now, that is, you cannot be logged in on any other character and you must pay sub for it.

Pros:
    • Innova keeps its revenue going. Let's not kid ourselves, this is important. All of the offline shops would have to continue buying subs. Arguably the revenue will actually increase simply because people can have unlimited number of offline shops as long as they have the $$. Right now hardware (PC) is quite a big limitation.
    • We don't have to have our computers on just to sell some Thread we've farmed. Look at the reality - I'd guess that 75% of MRT is AFK. Why not just let us go offline?
    • Less trade channel flood with looped macros. When you are offline, you cannot spam chat. Similarly, because you can still be online and try to sell something, there is a higher chance your message will be spotted by potential buyer.
    • Easier to distinguish between a 'real' player trying to sell something and an offline shop. Hence it makes the communications and deals easier and faster than mails.
    Cons:
    • HURR DURR IT'S A PRIVATE FEATURE. Who cares? It would be a quality of life improvement for the players and a potential revenue increase for Innova.
    • I cannot think of any serious con, so please comment in case you can think of something significant.
    Opinions?

2. Budinoide

Budinoide User

Hai there!
    About private sv and lineage2. This is 2018, many games got amazing features from their mod community, i guess l2 can take the same from the privates. Developers are not "orcs" per say, they know it and perhaps they take in consideration(im not a dev, i dont know any dev, so it is a guessing)

About your pro-cons.
    It is true, income is important for a company that wants to make money :p But with the optimized perfomance a box selling take little cpu/ram.

I agree, my pc cannot be all day on so this offline shop will help me, or?
    TBH my pc is 12 hours on in average, 4 hours playing or me sitting in from of it and 8 hours my papa playing candy crush or just afk pc. So i dont care if i have afk seller/buyer for 8 hours sitting in mrt. So offline shop will mean nothing, even for me.

You are right, less spam in mrt. But once again, who will benefit for this? no one. MRT is not a chat center, you know that you will get this spam. There are tools to filter this spam and even tools to filter sellers/buyers, so no need to care about the chat. (perhaps in dion/giran would be a different situation)
    You sure? I imagine this situation: 90% of sellers are offline shops, so the only way to communicate with them is by emal in game and PRAYING that they will see the email in game in the incoming 24 hours( why would they? just go perma offline and check once per week right?)
    So only a 10% of the sellers are afk ppl becasue no one will go sell/buy while they're active. So again to the old problem of 1 day per email. So it's like making the problem bigger than before.

Do you really think innova or developers are that stupid? No, they aren't.

With your pardon sir!

You will ruin the market for certain ppl that has the luxury of having a afk seller for at least 3 hours ( i can do it for 8 hours, other ppl 24 hours)
    How?

Let's put an example: EWC

A few weeks ago(or months) the price of buying an EWC from a seller was 1.25kk
    The price of selling an EWC to a buyer was 950k-1kk.

So if you take the time to sit and buy it a bit more expensive than 1kk, and sell it a bit more cheaper than 1.25kk you could get a 20% revenue from your investment.
    This could be complemented with C crystals(that you can transfor to EWC )

What you need to do this? time. With offline shop, everyone no matter their cpu usage, they will have infinite time.
    So for the players that love to trade, that take the time to check the mrt twice per day or even more. This will be the end for their busines.

That is why i dont like this, because i was one of this "traders" (till i get lazy w/e)

3. Vanitas

Vanitas User

I am 100% supporting offline shops, for one simple reason - game keeps disconnecting random accounts at random times, so usually coming from work I'm coming to disconnected MRT accounts. Every day, so my business does not run at all. Nor fishing on other accounts. And yes, I did raise support ticket.

atraa likes this.
  4. Budinoide

Budinoide User

I used to have that, it was my isp QQ so check it out o_O (not only for the sellers/byers, but also when you're playing and rip dc :C )

5. atraa

atraa User

I like to have offline shop... Cause Every **** night im getting dc in middle,so with my fishing i fish just 20 fish... And selling? disaster.

6. Vanitas

Vanitas User

Budi, I never had this on Chronos (played there for two weeks, on Skelth there isn't a single day without d/c on one account), neither with other games (CSGO being particularly dependant on quality internet connection, was flawless). And it's not just me experiencing these.

But let's not get off-topic, the thread is offline shops - whether someone has got d/cs or not and regardless of whose end is failing - offline shop would be a good workaround at least for business piece.

7. Ptitlaby

Ptitlaby Moderator

It's not linked to the game, it's linked to the route and connection to Innova server. So yes, it's mainly the link between your ISP and Innova's ISP who's at fault

8. emihir0

emihir0 User

So basically you would benefit by being able to have shop ingame 24 hours instead of 12 hours meaning you can potentially double your sales (or purchases).

When only online people can spam, people might actually read the spam and interact with players. Right now most of the MRT is afk and people don't read PMs.

The offline shop would be exactly the same as the 'afk' shop now. You communicate with them by mail. How often they check the mail is up to them.

No, they aren't. This point was made to deter the people who would come and comment 'HURR DURR THIS IS NOT OFFICIAL FEATURE SO GTFO'.

This whole argument is invalid. If you are a serious trader you sit down and spend time selling/buying anyway. Offline shop simply gives you an option that you can turn off your PC instead of having to leave it on 24/7, that's all. During the day I think the majority of the proper traders would still be online on MRT, but they would be online only on their main account and not on 4 buy/sell boxes.

You still cannot be online on any other char on that account and you still have to pay the sub fee so you still have to 'take the time to sit and buy' with offline shop - you can simply be offline rather than having the box opened in the background.

atraa likes this.
  9. Budinoide

Budinoide User

Not really, atm i get lots of benefit becasue there are a lot of players that are lazy/or have issues with isp that cannot trade the way i do. So for me it is $$ to my pocket ingame :D

Wot? you can filter the chat y'know, in fact i did that. I have one chat only dedicated to the spam the other 4 for chats purposes.

Proof? None?

10. atraa

atraa User

Yeah budinode,we know you are extrmely annoying guy and you are happy 90% have problem with ISP. But be cool guy and stop be egoistic ****. Nobody will like you like this.

11. Fragola

Fragola User

Hi, @emihir0 and thanks for your suggestion,
    atm the developers don't plan to introduce offline shops.

12. Budinoide

Budinoide User

i would say "i know you too" but no, i have no idea who you are o_O
    So if i disagree im a egoistic tard, nice logic bru.
    Idk if you can tell, but I don't give a damn if ppl like me or not D:

13. atraa

atraa User

My logic = Not really, atm i get lots of benefit becasue there are a lot of players that are lazy/or have issues with isp that cannot trade the way i do. So for me it is $$ to my pocket ingame :D = "Smart not egoistical Budi" .... you are sharpest tool here.

14. Budinoide

Budinoide User

you could be right but im evne too lazy to do that, perhaps i should go back to the market xD

But my point is still the same, while in the actual market we have ppl that are out for different issues= internet, lazyness, lack of will w/e.

With this change you will reduce or move away ppl that are in the actual market. So who is the greedy? you that you want to get into it, or the person that wants to keep their revenew? I woundl't call you or the other greedy.

You see, we can speak like civilized peeps :D
    Jul 29, 2018
    DAmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm not even close, if you follow my example up there, it is arround 20% of income from a semi-death market. Perhaps there are others market with bigger income, idk.

15. Italianomedio

Italianomedio User

Ciao Fragolina :-D
    I relly want offline shop but... If is impossibile, can we think about AUCTION HOUSE? (already implemented in legacy l2)
    Is a future possible updating?