1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi,new player,or not at all.

Discussion in 'Questions and Info' started by Oldguy86, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Ximinett

Ximinett User

Hi,i am an old player of Lineage 2 back in the days of chronicle 4. I want to play Lineage 2 classic but it says that i need a subscription. On another thread,a guy says that it costs 2 euros,is that true?? My idea is to play a good populated server where the people is helpful with newbies,i have intention to play a bladedancer. Also i have a question,what is the max lvl???? More questions,is a good idea to play l2 classic nowadays???? And i can find good helpful clan mates???? I am a solo player. Thanks

2. Ximinett

Ximinett User

As a solo player i read that summoners are good for that,so i will play a phantom summoner. You agree that summoners are good for solo???

3. Hookton

Hookton User

first month = 2 eur
    nexts = 10 eur

low population 40-
    lvl max = 80
    summons tis good to solo exp
    its esasy get a clan.

4. Ximinett

Ximinett User

Lol what???? Low pop -40???? You mean at lvl -40???

Well i can live with that.

The final question,light or robes for a summoner??? And weapon??? Two handed staff or 1h staff and shield???

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
  5. Ximinett

Ximinett User

Well what about the dark mages such as spellhowler or necromancer???? Are good for solo??? I mean,with the life drain and body to mind is a good mix for manage MP and HP is not it???? And i remember that necromancers are good for bother people.

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow User

if you play a mage you need atleast 1 recharge. Best is ee because u can get emp with fishs. After lvl 40 up to endgame you need 2 recharges to play nonstop (or maybe 3). You can play a cat or horse summoner to have unlimited mana with the pets ( they got a nuke which can be lvl up to endgame).

7. Ximinett

Ximinett User

Well with Body to Mind and Life Steal skill i can manage my MP and HP. I can lvl up a bit slower but i can.

8. AbeFischer

AbeFischer User

I think body to mind got removed.
    Check L2 Classic database for skill list as things have slightly changed

9. Ximinett

Ximinett User

I checked L2 wiki classic section and body to mind is on.

10. Linglin

Linglin User

What was true for the real old chronicles is still true. People are just so used to have 9 boxes behind with all the buffs they simply never knew or don't remember.
    Same for high OE gear.

Spell howler is great at soloing, without any boxes or even buffs. He can do it better than nearly any other class except buffers with duals.

Get demon staff and demon robe set, maximise m. Atk for XP per skill(mana). Later zubei. Runes: moar m. Atk. Spell howler can get close to one shot on green /monsters. Even with b2m you will sit, but not as much as other unbuffed or poorly buffed classes. If you can box an SE (that is all you really need ever) you can non stop one shot nuking stuff till the deep lvl65+, then 2 shot.

Don't bother with casting speed or regret. Get dyes +int as much as you can. Only speel howler can do it, other races simply lack the base in.

Once you are in the high 70s you can star looking into casts peed, other dyes setups and pvp gearing. But cast speed does not matter when you one shot stuff.

Don't worry about lower XP per kill, it's all about XP per skill. No spot will be good enough anyway with respawn. You will walk around gather drops or use the respawn for sitting Regen mana.

This was all done for months by me and any other howler before b2m and death spike been added in live pre c3.

It still works, but people are so obsessed with OE stuff, Best setup including pvp (what pvp with a poorly buffed solo char in his mid 50 levels???) and boxes they don't know any better.

11. DickTheQuick

DickTheQuick User

Joined 13 August. Gotta learn what classic means with ****.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2018
  12. Linglin

Linglin User

You don't know how c1 really was.
    You're just another clueless spoiled kid in classic.

13. DickTheQuick

DickTheQuick User

Go conquer aden as spellhowler without buffs and I will stay clueless in town!

14. Linglin

Linglin User

You, don't conquer that's the point. But you can level him. Is it fun? Hardly . Is it acceptable to you? Obviously not.

But then again you obviously never tried.

You have access to empower with fish stews and obviously runes for every grade except NG with no upper limit.

he can solo till he gets a good clan /cp. You can't really level with other classes like this, true solo. Fish stew VR and haste1 potions won't get you beyond 3-5 mobs then it's sitting with melee classes and archers. Some more some less. Summoners are pretty decent but lack the kill speed.

15. Constance9

Constance9 Moderator

Hey,

here is guide for Spectral Master / Phantom Summoner. Also, there is a lot of useful guides, just check Guides section.

16. Galiano

Galiano User

@Oldguy86 I recommend you to play the class what do you like. For class suggestions, I ld say you to go for dancer if you like. Because Supports are always rare and valued.
    L2 classic is a long term run. For solo exping, almost all classes can go through 40 alone. But I strongly recommend you to get friends to play with, use server Discord actively. U can met new ppl around ur level. Playing solo will make you go nutz or quit.

17. Ximinett

Ximinett User

Ok thanks for the suggestion.
    I ended playing an human mystic,towards necromancer.