1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. update patch notes calendar forum forum

[31.10.2018] Broadcast: hey, guys, what's new?

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Yumi, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Yumi

Yumi Innova Group

Hello, friends! Big news!
    We think, it’s a great excuse to see you on the broadcast! We have so many things to tell you! Let’s meet today at 14:00 UTC +1 on this channel:

Don’t worry, if you can’t come in time, because you will be able to watch record of broadcast later. Today we are going to talk about Skelth and team’s plan for the nearest future:

Today’s topics are:

• update: what’s new in the Korean Lineage II classic?
    • web-shop: do you need a new hat for your beautiful character or XP Rune?
    • offers for new and current players: discount? free weekends? what?
    • event
    Please, come to our rally and ask your questions! GM Cat and CM Artchem will be waiting for you!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2018
    Yolai, Darkner, Mbaka and 2 others like this.
  2. Stasiu

Stasiu User

no cheaper subscription ? ...

3. ThreeNill

ThreeNill User

My objective opinion is that whatever you decide to do/implement will not have any immediate (positive) effect on population count. Whatever happens it won't make people come en masse. Innova's platform/client is already superior compared to NA's and yet people are still lining up in queues to play there, for the simple reason it's New and the only other way to be competitive for the time being is to match that. I know they've said they won't open a new server, and that makes sense - only time will tell if it is/was the right choice.

These potential changes, however, make it more likely to push people who are fed up with NA to give it Skelth a try, rather than quit the game altogether for the time being. And say.. 6-12months down the line, NA would have lost its "New server" advantage and a better platform like Innova's would probably tip the scales for a lot of people who are just now starting up. But that's all speculation.. time will tell.

P.S. Or well the other possibility.. make Skelth F2P and introduce a Webshop but that's risky. It will need a fine balancing act between having enough "desirable" items in the webshop to make profit while not going into the P2W aspect too much. A lot of people like the idea that they are on equal footing and someone with deep pockets can't legitimately have a distinct advantage over them.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
  4. Yolai

Yolai User

if they cant make core from f2p to p2p because it would be a whole new project (they said this in their tiat stream) then i doubt they can make skelth f2p.

anyway stream hype! hats hype! artchem hype!

enereS and Troy like this.
  5. Italianomedio

Italianomedio User

I cannot follow any video today.
    News about discount for old/new players on Skelth?

6. Aralthann

Aralthann User

Didn't manage to participate at this time but hope we'll get the chance to see it !

7. Emeli

Emeli User

This was the first time for me to be online at the time of the live stream, since i'm normally at work.

It was really interesting to see the live interaction between the GM's and the players and how they responded. Unfortunately the farce "Please, come to our rally and ask your questions!" was only meant theoretically since the players who don't have/want a twitch account and therefore pm'ed or were next to (general chat) the streaming character were ignored.
    In the the end i would say that i really regret wasting my time with it.

8. Yolai

Yolai User

for me it was clear that you ask your question on twitch and they tried to answer all questions there if it wasnt just a stupid troll or a question they already answered in the past.
    if you dont want to create a twitch account you can always join the discord and ask questions there or send a ticket if you dont want to make a discord acc as well.

if you just want to stir drama and provoke with it (i saw what you wrote ingame too) then maybe they just chose to not feed the troll.

Italianomedio, enereS and Artchem like this.
  9. Artchem

Artchem Innova Group

@Italianomedio, please, don't worry, we will publish all news in text-version later.
    @Emeli, I'm sorry, that you wasted your time. But I couldn't see questions in the game, so I couldn't read it for GM Cat. But I hope for your understanding, it's all new for us, we are not streamers. Of course, we could do something not very well or miss. That's why we asked player's feedback about this activity.

10. Mbaka

Mbaka User

The important part is that you guys are trying!
    Thank you

Keep the good job. Hope we will see more of that :)

Artchem likes this.
  11. Ptitlaby

Ptitlaby Moderator

Hey there !

So I caught only the end of the broadcast, it was ok for me regarding sound, video settings. Cat answered few questions asked on Twitch chat aswell, which is good.

Few pointers / suggestions for the following times, since I hope there will be a following time :

- Don't hesitate to announce the topic few days prior, so people can ask questions in advance in case they can't attend the broadcast. Create a Google form to collect answers, post it on forum, Facebook, Twitter, and work from there.
    - The broadcast is available as a replay. If you are able to, posting it on Youtube could be great aswell. Many people, myself included, prefer the Youtube player over the Twitch player
    - Engaging with ingame activities like Cat tried to do with PvP (not many people flagged T.T) is great aswell. May be give some free GM buffs as a surprise in the end to the people coming next to you ?
    - I believe many people were not able to watch / participate in the broadcast due to being at work. However, we can not expect you to make stream and broadcast after work hours aswell. I don't have a solution, but I think it may be an issue

Wilczka, enereS, Yolai and 1 other person like this.
  12. Ptitlaby

Ptitlaby Moderator

Also, a light background music makes things more fluid when there is a pause and someone is taking his / her breath.

Wilczka likes this.
  13. YellowJack

YellowJack User

Hey there!
    When are you planning to open the new classic server on EU?

14. Emeli

Emeli User

Well then my suggestion for the following times would be to Name a Character where players, who don't have/want a Facebook, Twitter, twitch, ... account, can submit there questions too.

15. Ptitlaby

Ptitlaby Moderator

Hey !

You can find the transcript of what was announced here

https://eu.4gameforum.com/threads/659836/#post-9166588

No new EU server is announced at this point, and as far as we know it's not planned at all.

16. YellowJack

YellowJack User

Like you didn't plan to open Anakim on RU?

17. AquaMarine

AquaMarine User

he isnt gm or Innova employee.

18. Ptitlaby

Ptitlaby Moderator

as @AquaMarine said I'm not an Innova's employee. However, I believe Anakim was opened after the huge success of Lilith, which was so full they had to plan daily restart to disconnect afk people

19. YellowJack

YellowJack User

Oh come on, when u added on Ru classic Webshop you guys started to open a new server every year to make more money. Don't tell me pls isn't true.

20. AquaMarine

AquaMarine User

:Facepalm-l2: