1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. EVENT news news forum forum useful

About a new fresh server ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Char1y, Mar 14, 2019.

1. HundredBeasts

HundredBeasts User

Innova having a blast today on the office reading the forum.

[​IMG]

"-These idiots really think we give 2 cents about their opinions xD"

"- What's come next Terry?"

"- Wait Bill, i am looking for that post of Invizo about "What could have saved Skelth""

"- That one xD"

Oscar likes this.
  2. Jad o

Jad o User

New server would be great. Can't be bothered to start on Skelth again, a 4 year old server isn't appealing to anyone starting fresh without wanting to invest an unreasonable ammount of money or time to catch up to current players.

It makes sense there's so many opinionated skelth players who do not want to see their server deteriorate even further, can't blame you for that.

izzek and yDweller like this.
  3. Leckter

Leckter User

But...but it's even worse on a new server :/

xForce likes this.
  4. iBloodyHeart

iBloodyHeart User

I would buy ONLY IF:

1) Russians will be banned to play on european server
    2) Will have active staff 24/7 to ban the RMT advisers
    3) They promise that will NEVER add "Pay to win" items in L2Store and access to all items will be aquired thru game mechanics
    4) They promise that will add events more often.
    5) To be a fair price for so long time subscription payment.

I bought for Skelth a lot of packs to get early access for me and my CP so, I would pay even for 2 years subscription if they grant the things requested above.

5. xHaseo

xHaseo User

1) Meh. Hard to do it. VPN etc will make it hard, almost impossible.
    2) Who are they? machines? even tho, back when i was in skelth, a clan member of mine got banned 'cause he bought adena, sooo...
    3) It's a p2p model, store is at minimum, there's nothing p2w so far, and server is 3+ years old now. No pendants, no cloaks, nothing. Just Brooch system, but that's a "Classic feature" that can be farmed ingame sooo...
    4) More than this? They really up events quite often.
    5) Fair price? it's a 10 euro per month sub, lesser if you go for more months in a row...even so, 20 euro per month for 2 accounts is not so much, in the end, if you smoke or drink alchol, you are wasting way more mothly...so i don't really get where's the problem with 20 euro per 2 accounts per month to enjoy some REAL l2.

What people don't understand is that...
    Opening a new server only got as "pro" that lots of players PROBABLY will try it or try it again. Meaning that yes, you will find people everywhere. Which means people will get ahead of you, PK you and block ur exp and PROBABLY, stun lock you to death to get ur gear...meaning you wont be competitive. Meaning you wont even get to lv 40 that you will ragequit 'cause some bad guys are bullying you.

If you want to be 'competitive' go to Skelth. It takes a few months to hit 76+ and be competitive. Remember that the highest levels in Skelth are 2 81s and both are healers. Then barely 90 players lv 80s and then all <79.
    What would you miss? OEd gear? That's not a problem if you're skilled enough.
    Classic is not the same as Live server but as long as you are skilled (and the opponent is not p2w abuser) even a TW can kill a PVP set. B grade +6 and weapon +7 and hf being competitive.
    Mar 22, 2019
    And talking about being competitive. Any info about the next "free to play" week/weekend? 'cause, you know, i lost 5 days of 'free trial', it wont be bad to be able to log and fix a few things w/o being forced to play 1 month since i don't want to, for now :rolleyes:

Troy likes this.
  6. hey1984

hey1984 User

you want new server,and if they open it,it will be full of RMT groups,and will die from RMT too,use your brain please,who gonna let you farm in peace in all top spots?who gonna give you jewels from epics drops?NOONE,cause everything will go to RMT cause will be a freaking new server and russians will rule it,if skelth had 1 pufa,new server gonna have all his family and his village too doing the same things

Troy likes this.
  7. yDweller

yDweller User

People who doenst want new server:
    - Spended alot of money/time on skelth;
    - Doesnt have money/time to spend on new server;
    - Is satisfied playing on a dead server (doesnt need competition or some daily activities in order to have fun = casuals);
    - Thinks if Innova doesnt open new server, Skelth will have +3k players online;
    - Thinks that the current community will let another 'possible' new side to grow, meaning they desire to win only with advantage;

People who want new server:
    - Not motivated to enter on Skelth (no players, no competition, BIG hole between high end players and newcomers);
    - Want equal chances to reach something on the end game;
    - Not satisfied with current servers, because of reasons (bad staff, bad timezones, few players...);
    - Want a competitive server, with daily events / pvp / fun haHAA

I can understand both sides, maybe if I was a Skelth player atm I would fight for the same thing as some of you do.

iBloodyHeart and iKepler like this.
  8. Tetsujin

Tetsujin User

Except there's no fight in here, there's not gonna be a new server, I'm sorry if that is really what all you people want. It's not going to happen. So what now? Back to NC Giran? hf [​IMG]

9. xHaseo

xHaseo User

Hope i covered quite much all your answers. Just to get some things straight : I'm not playing on Skelth neither, anymore, on Giran.

There wont be any new server coming soon. And even so, the best option for Innova would be to later merge it with Skelth, meaning that you guys are gonna end up facing the "3 years old" players anyway, at some point.

And with a new server, you will still get nothing. Your only option is to join a 'side' (eventually) of the server and hope to be able to stay in top. Otherwise, you wont go anywhere anyway.
    But again : if a new server opens, that would trigger RU bots to come back...and Innova can really try as hard as they can, but RU cheaters are way more than Innova staff members..meaning they wont be able to solve the problem.
    RMTer will for sure join in and lock some areas or contents (like raids) to sell items/adenas...and nothing would change. Even if you region-lock RU, they will find a way to log.

But i'm not into such things, so maybe with the new 4game app they could actually make it work, somehow, no idea. But you guys gotta give up.

This is it.

Yolai, Troy and Leckter like this.
  10. 1Shadow9Fists

1Shadow9Fists User

What you plan to do on this 'new server"? Play 2 months and quit? Eventually all new servers become old and thats how we are here with Skelth 3+ years old. Then what? Another new server? And another and another? For what purpose?
    The point of official l2 server is exactly this - to have one server for year, so you can play this game year after year. Most of the content in l2 take months to be achieved. If you have that mentality from start, you are wasting my time replaying to your nonsense.

tl/dr you are idiot and your post is stupid :D

11. yDweller

yDweller User

Mar 25, 2019

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
  12. Abstinence

Abstinence User

It's always funny to see this delusional topics about fresh start servers every X months of ppl that just want a new toy to play for a couple of months then fail and move to the next server. Private servers exist for this shi*
    This game is not for this, Lineage 2 is a marathon not a 100m dash

People like dimitr1 for example that is now asking for a fresh start server and played discontinuosly on skelth since 2016 and didn't even reach level 73 in 200days of gametime did quit for failNA server and now he's asking for a new server because the 3rd fresh start will be THE ONE. Lol.

Nimiriel, Troy, thraex and 2 others like this.
  13. UnlimitedUser

UnlimitedUser User

I was waiting for someone like you start flame me :) What you know about me? I play since beggining of the server and I play actively 8 characters (they are on 2 different accounts and its not macro party). You can ask my friends Kalath, Gazi, Budina, FatPunk, MartinusII, Skadi, Vorkan and others and they tell you how many characters I played instead of my main character. I have 4 dwarfs to make adena and material, but someone like you who bought everything with real cash or get items from CP will never undestand. I spent year and half playing only alt characters instead of my main character and in nights I keep finishing with my BD and you flame me for having just lvl 72? I spent whole 6 months to make my set +6! How you get your set +6? I believe you bought it from the market for the money you bought from websites! Stop flaming someone you don't know NOTHING about!

The reason why I want new server is simple and Skelth can't offer me this game style! I am one of the oldest and most hardcore players you can ever find in L2. All I wish for is to play in random parties with random players like back in years 2003 - 2010. I am not interested in constant party and I play L2 the way how it means to be played. Developers of the game never intended to make this game constant party only so get your data before you start flaming me about my game style!

Also all of you are saying how populated is Skelth at high lvls, but all you can see is like 15 - 20 CP's fighting each others in different clans! Good old pvp is nonexistent and if you are not member of CP, you are no one and you CAN'T enjoy the game, because random community is nonexistent! All you do people is lying about real server situation, but people are not blind! We want healthy server with big sides and smaller clans fighting each other. We want random pvp with random players not CP vs CP!

I have no idea why others wish for new server, but I am not rusher or someone who wants to be BEST and leave in two months! I didnt left the game when madpro was dominating the scene or when DOTA show up and completly destroyed whole server. I just want to play the game with real people and not with boxes. I want to have chance to choose my way to play the game and not to be limited just to CP style only!

PS: I start my alt army when Skelth was daily at 250 - 300 online per day and find actually online player was harder than find epic jewelry on the floor. Call me again someone who is giving up and want new server for 2 months! I dare you!

14. xHaseo

xHaseo User

As i already told ya, certain gaps can be filled with one skills. Ofc, if you fight head on with a mage like SPS 70 vs SPS 70, but the other wears B weapon +7 and you wear a C +0, yeah, you stand almost no chances of winning. It is hard when fighting with someone of ur samge lv, beside that, for some classes like daggers, that doesn't matter. If you're skilled enough you can cover the gap with skills.

Ofc, i'm talking about live server here, but i used to kill lots of players with PvP gear even if i had a seaph +6 and some R grade dagger +7, nothing much...but still i was way better than them, so i could take them on w/o problems. Ofc, as i said, there are gaps. I managed to lose vs a naked dagger..."naked". He still had enough p2w items to get twice my p.def with just a PVP helmet on...and he also had end-game gears like +10++ daggers, lv 4-5 brooches and such...so meh.

I'm talking about a merge 'cause that's what they did with Core and Ramona...with the only difference that they had to open, later, a new server if they wanted to make avalaible the dimensional siege...so i'm pretty sure that's why they merged Core with Ramona and opened the new one a few months later. Since in classic version there's no dimensional siege not any cross-server activity, having 2 server is not necessary...so their best option would be to open a new one, leave it be for 1 year or so, so people can hit 76++ and then merge it with Skelth 'cause the 2 server will have almost the same levels. So at that point you will have Skelth lively again, maybe with a 3-4k+ players online.

But again, it's useless to talk about it, the last time i saw a GM answering to the question "will you open a new server" the answer was "not anytime soon", meaning you wont get it, for now. Spamming the forum with such topics once every month wont make anything better, if they wanted to open a new server, the mass-quit from NA was the best time...BUT, don't expect that that was the end of it. Sooner or later another p2w item will hit the server so those who were 50/50 to quit will probably leave for good, like i did.

One thing is for sure : server will be EU time-zoned, so don't come back crying you guys want a NA time-zoned server 'cause they wont. You got NA retail for that and none cares about the "But NA got a server with EU time"...and as far as i could see from ur answers "Is dead for me since I cant play on server timezone, so yes its dead.." so i can't really tell what would the difference be with a new server...you probably wont be able to partecipate in end-game events like olys or sieges anyway sooo...
    Mar 25, 2019
    I will ignore the part where you trashtalk the guy 'cause i've no idea who you both are but...you are kinda 'wrong' on some things.

Devs probably never meant to make the game CP based BUT CPs are part of l2 since ever. This was due to the fact supports were suppose to "fit" better and the players wanted to be "constant" with activity sooo...

For sure the "random parties" were not so rare back then, with groups of friends (back in C4/Int mostly clan-based) playing together...it's really later on that we had the real mix of clan members while xping since recruiting players became easier with pt rooms and such options.

But even so, it wont be 'rare', instead, that would be pretty common, to be alone vs your war. If for example you are xping with a group of 9 and you got a gank group (let's say...3 players)...you will mostly end up fighting 1 vs 3 and not 9vs3 'cause the randoms wont dare to waste their precious XP for a random guy.

Btw, even as a solo-player you can enjoy the game with a worthy setup. In live version i managed to hit lv 101 by myself...i had a CP for a while before that, but mostly it was all solo-made and i was able to enjoy game by PvPing even groups of players around the sevral zones of my lvs, so it's not so true that you can't enjoy the game. Ofc, you need a clan and also a party to fights in sieges or some sorta of mass pvps, sure, but you can still play into a clan and solo the game 'till high levels. I had to quit Skelth a few months after the opening 'cause i had no time to play but things were going smoothly even if i was solo with a DD+PP.

Troy and Darkner like this.
  15. Vasto

Vasto User

So, which is it? bought with cash or from CP? What a stupid argument.

LoL, talk about hypocrisy.
    At least practice what you preach.

Yeah, you can feel the hardcore part in your quiting and whining.
    Also, please give source with proof that the developers said that themselves. I know you're just making stuff up.

I'm sure a new server will brings lots of random people. Random bots and farmers that is.
    L2 is a social game, you meet, you bond, you create CP(or something loosely based on it). The fact that you're incapable of such a thing says a lot about you, Mr Hardcore

Darkner likes this.
  16. Leckter

Leckter User

Won't argue with the rest of your post as to me it's pure opinion, but it's yours so whatever.
    But this here is quite interesting. Sorry to burst your bubble, but you are free to play L2 the way you want, now and ever. Will it be efficient ? Definitly not, but you can still do whatever you want.
    Though, it's 2019, and this will not go backwards, I'm sorry... The way L2 was played in 2003 will stay in 2003 and your memories. It's an old game, people know how and what to optimize, the overall mechanics are the same for a decade.
    So you should right away put that wish where it belongs... in your memories. Because it will not come back, ever, no matter the server (new or not).

Seriously, face the reality, open your eyes, and stop wishing for things blindly, hoping that all the flaws will disappear by pure magic, because "this time it will be the best !".
    The solution you need is travelling back in time, this and only this. Sadly, to my knowledge, we didn't manage yet, but if you have different clues about time travelling, I'm very much interested. Thanks.

Reminder : Innova has license for RU et EU zones. If you want american server, I guess you know which is the official publisher... So yeah, Innova has 0 American server, and guess what, there is quite a very high chance it will stay like this, like it or not...

Troy likes this.
  17. yDweller

yDweller User

I hope not for too long ;)
    In my head, maybe if more people ask for it, Innova will hear us, just maybe.

https://br.4game.com/

We have RF online atleast, Pogchamp

18. Oscar

Oscar User

NCwest has L2 rights for brasil region too, so RF is all you can get from innova there.

19. Abstinence

Abstinence User

Wtf? Are you for real? First you say that I'm wrong for flaming someone I dont know about which is wrong since I know who you are u stupid cuck, and then you do the same? we were in the same clan, and just because I know who you are I said that you don't even know how to play this game, you can ask whole yata clan if I ever bought anything from websites, I played since the start and i know fatpunk and martinus since 2016. I left yata for lack of free time in the end of 2016 then I came back 8 months ago and I slowly catched up without any problem farming a sws and a summoner to 78 and farmed somewhat decent gear for a casual player all by myself I have 2 +6 b sets oe weapons and a queen ant in 8 months while working 8h day, Mr hardcore. The server is rly easy for new players right now, but it's better to cry for a new server to fail with and move on. Nice.

Btw I started playing on frantz and then teon in 2006 and the game always was based on CPs, Mr Hardcore

20. UnlimitedUser

UnlimitedUser User

Don't worry friend! You don't need to deal with someone like me anymore :) Enjoy your L2 life to fullest.

[​IMG]

iBloodyHeart, Oscar and Darkner like this.