1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. event offer forum forum forum

Pumpkin commotion

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Artchem, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Artchem

Artchem Innova Group

[​IMG]

A bumper crop of special squashes in Elmoreden! Inside, besides the delicious toppings, you can find various Enchant Scrolls, Jewelry Boxes, and even Epic Accessories!

Intrigued and already want to try? Buy hey! There is a snag. First you have to be an experienced gardener and grow your own squash, observing all the subtleties and using special nectar.

Take the time to taste Elmoreden squashes! Their season is very short! ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

* Note that the server maintenance after the end of the event will take place not on May 1 (Wednesday) but on April 30 (Tuesday), so the additional event items will disappear on April 30.

[​IMG]
    1. How and where do I get nectar?

Hunt monsters in Elmoreden and get nectar as additional loot. Remember, that you won’t get any nectar if you're hunting dark-blue monsters (check its name in the target window).

[​IMG]

2. What do I need to grow a squash?

You will need squash seeds. There are 2 types of them used for growing small and large squashes. Find Puss the Cat in any settlement and exchange gathered nectars for seeds.

[​IMG]
    Exchange rate is the following:

[​IMG]

3. How shall I grow a squash?

So, you have a seed! Click twice on it in your inventory, and a squash will grow. The size of each squash depends on the seed, which is being used:

Squash Seed = Young Squash
    Large Squash Seed = Large Young Squash

[​IMG]

To grow a young squash, you will need to use nectar with it 5 nectars should be enough. Each use of nectar determines the chance of growing a Withered, Ripe or King Squash.

Each use of nectar is followed by a distinctive visual effect that lets you define what type of squash is about to grow: blue spark (on the screenshot above) means that nectar use is successful. Smoke above the squash, animation, similar to the "Aggression" skill, means that the use is unsuccessful.

[​IMG]
    The more times you use nectar successfully, the higher is a chance to grow a King Squash!

[​IMG]

There are several types of a squash. The bigger is a squash, the higher is a chance to be rewarded.

[​IMG]

As soon as you have grown a squash, smash it and get your prizes! It is hard to smash the big squashes on your own, so you might need the help of your mates (3 or more characters would be just fine). Not the damage on squashes matters but the attack speed!

[​IMG]

Don’t forget that, young squashes stay for 3 minutes after it is summoned, but а ripe (when nectar has already been used) only for 1 minute 30 seconds. So, pay attention and don’t miss your squash!
    You can use any type of weapon for a small squash, however, only a special weapon can be used for the big ones.

4. Chrono Weapons

To smash a big squash, you need to use a special Chrono weapon, which creates alluring sound after each stroke. You can obtain a Chrono weapon for 1 Nectar from Puss the Cat. There are 5 types of Chrono weapons:

[​IMG]

Chrono weapons will stay in the game after the event.

5. Event items list

Below is the summary table of main event items:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After smashing a squash you will receive one or several of the following rewards.
    In addition, you will receive an additional reward at 100% rate – a Flower or Pumpkin Sweets buff item - either one of them, or both at once!

Withered Squash
    [​IMG]

Ripe Squash
    [​IMG]

King Squash
    [​IMG]

Large Withered Squash
    [​IMG]

Large Ripe Squash
    [​IMG]

Large King Squash
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

For 1000 pieces of Nectar you can buy a unique item to boost your stats while stored in the inventory called 'Doll of Border'.
    • All the dolls are working in the Olympiad.
    • Effects of different dolls stack. Effects of identical dolls do not stack.
    • Dolls obtained during the event are identical to those that are obtained in the Daily Mission system for reaching Lv. 81. This means that only one doll will have effect if two identical ones stored in the inventory.
    • The item timer starts ticking immediately after buying the doll from the NPC.
    • Dolls will not be deleted after the end of the event, they will disappear only after the item timers will end – you can stock up on dolls before the event ends!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
  2. SaMaNoSuKe

SaMaNoSuKe User

are this doll boosts afecting summons aswell?

3. Delray Misfit

Delray Misfit User

Thank you for farming event. 100% better than the afk log in events.

Troy likes this.
  4. V0lotron

V0lotron User

I came here from giran server when i quited my 58 lvl tank (and 105/105 lvl on naia before giran).
    I am very happy that classic here is subscription based game and i have 1 main and 1 buffer.
    I feel ok with 20 eyros per month for 2 chars and i buy and 1 fishing rod for 30 days which costs 4.5 eyro.
    So i am very happy here and both of my chars reached 51 lvl in 20 days.
    Great event guys this will be and thank you for that.
    I like that all rewards and all ingame gear are trabable.
    This server i believe soon will be the number 1 server of lineage2 cause more more people will come here when they realize that ncsoft dont know to do their jobs.
    Keep up the good work guys ,server has great days ahead of him.

Strenki, Abstinence, Paljar and 4 others like this.
  5. Artchem

Artchem Innova Group

@SaMaNoSuKe, the dolls boost abilities don't affect directly on summoners, only by summoners' skill like Servitor Share.
    @Delray Misfit, you are welcome.
    @V0lotron , thanks for your kind word, it's important and nice for us to read it.

SaMaNoSuKe likes this.
  6. Legi0nnaire

Legi0nnaire User

By servitor share, you mean Spirit Sharing skill? Also, can you explain how and what is shared from the Master(Summoner) to the summon.

I did such a test - I cast Spirit sharing with no weapon, thus having 66 p.atk and after cancelling the skill on both summoner and summon, I equiped weapon having 1100 p.atk, casting spirit sharing gave same bonus to the summon as without weapon.

Thank you in advance!

7. Artchem

Artchem Innova Group

8. PiktasKeksas

PiktasKeksas User

how is event going? any good drop from pumpkins?

9. Ydwros

Ydwros User

3 years now, bad luck

10. Siladen

Siladen User

Some people say me we have reduce drop rate when we make AOE its true?

11. ooaris

ooaris User

yes its 100% true

12. Siladen

Siladen User

Its just i saw nothing write on forum, so i dont know how work the reduce drop i have saw when i hit with pole mobs 1b1 i drop less to than other people....

13. Mbaka

Mbaka User

That "feature" is very old and I'm sure it was explained in some of the old events or there was a topic about it.

14. Delray Misfit

Delray Misfit User

I'm loving this event as it benefits active people of all levels and helps trickle down adena from the richer players to the ones starting to get established on the server. It has incentivised players to go out and hunt for significant periods of time rather than staying in town fishing. This is all good for the game.

I do have two criticisms however. Firstly, you should have notified us about the tweaked drop rates of nectar when it comes to killing mobs with 2 handed weapons. I tested this with my destro with a great sword and a yaksa. On the same mobs I was getting 3.5 times as many nectar drops when using the yaksa. I can understand that you may want to somehow implement a threshold of how many nectars can be farmed per minute to reduce exploiting but I think this is an unnecessary slap in the face for WL AoE parties. Sure, they can kill more mobs faster than single/small parties BUT you have to have a number of players with many key classes active in order to do this so I don't see why they should be penalised for being organised. With regards to the two handed melee weapon users I can see why you might want to throttle the amount a destro can farm, since he can cut through mobs like a hot knife through butter, but there are other classes that can do similar with x1 HP mobs and they have not been affected, for example, Tyrants. Doesn't make sense to tweak destro weapons when you have Tyrants, Daggers and Archers who are able to kill just as fast.

Secondly, the x3 drop rate times. Why is this there? If it is there to somehow balance active players (who work) vs macro (or afk bot) parties who farm all day then this doesn't solve the problem as the macro parties also get x3 drops in the same window of time. All it does is serve to annoy people like me who don't often play at prime time due to work commitments. I'm often at work to 22:00 GMT+1 so when I get home I have 2.5 hours to farm nectars before it goes back to reduced drop rates. I would strongly suggest not implementing this in future events as it just alienates those that can't play at prime time even more than currently.

Apart from those two concerns the event is great and would recommend that you implement more events like this and less afk events. Also, as a final note, I think the reward tables for the pumpkins are good. Its nice to see spellbook chests and dye chests in there.

15. kowadlo

kowadlo User

WL TOI 11 destroing x 8HP mobs = 20-25 nectars per buff
    Ungeared CDL 57 lvl with C weapon+3 on x1 HP mobs = 110 nectars per buff

"thank you for your thought, but we dont care" :D

Its called "equality of opportunity", oh wait... hmm...

This is just another example how stupid direction this game is going. High level zones = no adena = make low level twin and sit in 6x necro. Farming event? Better stay on low level twink than play main. And this x3 drop boost? It doesnt provoke any PVP or something like this, but using untagged twinks even more. Well done :)

BTW love this event <3

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
  16. AmIPRO

AmIPRO User

Thats most stupid comparing. I bet if you got kill x8 HP mobs with necro you will make also 25 per buff.

The point is not to kill mobs with 200 k HP. The point is to kill 200 k mobs with 2k HP !!

EZ

Events like this are maded for mages or archers. Where with 1 buffer you can farm 100 items per buff.

AquaMarine likes this.
  17. Suchy

Suchy User

18. 1Shadow9Fists

1Shadow9Fists User

Best farming event Skelth got so far!

19. Doggeh

Doggeh User

Amen. Play time should be play time... shouldn't be a 'prime' time for drops.

20. Vizard

Vizard User

I don't get it. The event ended 10th April, but on papers somehow it looks like it's still something cool going on for the next 20 days :confused:
    Will there be any Easter event? Because I really can't connect pumpkins with Easter. But maybe because I'm old, I don't know.

Serious talk aside, I knew the forum is just for show when I've read something about getting updates from Korea. Delayed. Why am I even here. I'm sorry. I'm drunk.