1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. forum forum useful

L2calc_classic - Secret of the Empire editon

Discussion in 'L2 Guides Contest' started by Harkon, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Harkon

Harkon User

Harkon
    Server: Skelth

Is the Imperial Crusader Set really worth the affort? .. check it now with

-classic L2Calc v0.1b- Secret of the Empire edition

[​IMG]

"If seen a little further it is by standing on the shoulder of Giants" - Sir Isaak Newton

Back in the days, more than a century ago, Nyo created the original L2Calc with the help of many famous NA-L2 players like Lance, Himred, billy, Dargaard - just to name a few. I started this project to calculate mana regeneration and M.Attk for my Overlord, so i could get a better understanding how to improve my char.

But with the old L2calc it didnt go that well in the first place and to make it work again, i had to adjust the old mathematics and data from Nyo quite a bit and add all the new and fancy stuff we have nowadays. Later on i took a look at the other stats, even for Fighters (still a bit beta i think).

As already mentioned above: This new version of SoE-L2Calc would never be possible without the (a bit) rusty, but aged gracefully math, data and work from Nyo.

Lets start:

[​IMG]

I used Google Calc to make this happened, and even though the Spreadsheet is using the Libre Office File format, i strongly recommend that you use Google Calc too, and import ( HOWTO import Files in Google Calc) the L2Calc.ods File (Download Link at the bottom) into your Google account.

At the top 8 rows are main and most important stats of your character, similar to the L2 "Character Status" - ALT+T. You can change every "grey-blue colour" cell below to enter your Characters class, level, gear, buffs etc - and track how your input will affect your Character Stats.

[​IMG]

Enter your Charname, choose your starter class and race, enter your current level and you are ready to go. If you are a Dominator, choose Orc Shaman, a Saggitarius has to choose Human Fighter, a Spectral Dancer goes for a Dark Elf Fighter ... etc

There are only a few syntax checks in this sheet. So if you want to play around with your investment, please take the rules of the game into account. For example, you can put +4 INT Tatoos into this sheet for your Orc Shaman, but thats ofc not possible. If you enter tattoos, consider these limitations:

[​IMG]

One of the most impressive features in Google Calc might be the search function in the dropdown selection list (marked with the triangle at the right side of the "greyblue-ish" cells)

[​IMG]

for example type "wit +4" .. and you get all wit +4 dyes .... or "Greater" or "int -4" etc

[​IMG]

"(c)" will get you all c-grade sets
    "robe" all Robes etc

[​IMG]

or "2h sword" all 2handed swords
    or "blunt" all Blunts
    or "(a)" all a-grade Weapons etc

The passiv Buffs

[​IMG]

There is no "choose all my passives" like in the old L2Calc anymore, so you have to manually enter the data. Open your skill window (ALT+K) and click on the "Passiv" tab.

[​IMG]

Check all you Passives and enter the valid data. Check it twice ... sadly its quite easy to enter data into the wrong cell!

[​IMG]

Same for the clanbuffs. Check all your clanbuffs and enter the data, but now choose the level of your clanskill!

Get your buffs!

[​IMG]

Choose your buffs and check how it affects your Stats.

And what about this?

[​IMG]

no need, relax!

Get your selfbuffs last

[​IMG]

FAQ:

Q: Your math is totally wrong - i have completely different stats in game!
    A: It was made for Overlords in the first place, but i already noticed that this world is not yust populated by Overlords and -ladies.

This is a work in progress. Although the beta test was very short and i could only check a few classes and setups, i am somewhat optimistic that the general mechanics are accurate. But there is of course a high chance of typos in the data tables.

There are thousands of setups possible. If you find an error, please send me a mail, or poke me on discord. Maybe check a simpler setup to verify the error. The more exactly the malfunction is described, the more accurate and faster i can determine it and repair it.

A mail like "your calculation is totally wrong" will not get us anywhere :) and please check if all your selfbuffs and gear, tattoos etc are set correctly.

Q: Wtf ... all cells are red!

[​IMG]

A: Yeah .. there are a few syntax checks .. like choosing 2 epics or jewels of the same kind (but due to the limitations of Google Calc and me its not that perfect as it should be) - if something is red, chances are high, that you made a mistake.

Q: You said you updated Nyos work, but what did you do exactly besides the implementation of new gear?
    A: This:
    - Formula for M.Attk is updated/new
    - Dex and Wit modifier data table are new (for P./M.Crits, Attackspeed, Castspeed, M.Evasion and Accuracy)
    - Calculation for M.Accuracy and M.Evasion and Runspeed are new
    - most of the old items updated etc

Q: What comes next
    A: bugfixes first, then ...

- adding missing parts
    - fix p.accuracy and p.evasion
    - more syntax checks
    - Shield defence and some Tank stuff
    - Stats about resistances and debuff chances
    - maybe combat calculations
    - Summoners ... yeah, maybe

Q: What are your "Known Issues"
    A: Stuff like this:

- P.Accuracy and P.Evasion need a revamp, they are close, but there is an error in the calculation
    - HP/CP are not implemented yet, or yust an average estimation of the archetype classes
    - Manapool for Fighters should be accurate, but for Mages it differs a few percentages from ingame stats, dunno yet why.
    - Tanks and Assasins need some love, not all buffs and selfbuffs implemented yet
    - there can be minor differences (+/-2) between this sheet and the ingame stats due to some black magic.
    - no Augments and no 1h Talismans from Collector Pona yet - will come soon

Q: How do i get it?
    A: >>> Download here <<<

Q: Any final hints?
    A: HOWTO freeze the top rows in the sheet, so you can have your character main stats always in view: How to freeze the top rows

Q: Famous last words?
    A: The Sheet is not protected in any way, so please only fill cells with your data that have this color ->

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
  2. Anax_

Anax_ User

Amazing work, refreshing to see persons like yourself taking the time to develop such tools for the masses. Very deserving of 1st place in the contest.

1Shadow9Fists and Artchem like this.
  3. 1Shadow9Fists

1Shadow9Fists User

Well done mighty orc!

4. Harkon

Harkon User

Update v0.2b ->Download

changelog:
    - changed to 31classes (instead of the 9 archetypes)
    - HP estimation
    - Maximum Int is now 60 (but need more data to make int>53 more accurate)
    - added some selfbuffs for Tanks
    - added Shield defense rate and Pdef when Shield defense is succsessfull
    - some minor fixes

Artchem, Vasto and Italianomedio like this.
  5. Italianomedio

Italianomedio User

@Harkon
    I can dowload only sheet1, when i try use it for Enchanted item show me error 'cause dont found "Tabellenblatt2"

EDIT: i am using in Google, seem work, still dont work if i download and use offline on PC

Last edited: May 7, 2019
  6. Harkon

Harkon User

Yes, thats a very strange error with Libre Office Calc .. have to do more research to fix it.

For now i would recommend to open the file in Google Calc, its a better experience anyway :)

Italianomedio likes this.
  7. Italianomedio

Italianomedio User

Ty Green Brother

8. sobek

sobek User

Gj, update kamael class :p