1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. EVENT news news forum forum useful

What is wrong with new Giran siege?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 1Shadow9Fists, Jul 29, 2019.

1. 1Shadow9Fists

1Shadow9Fists User

I will keep it short:

1) Lineage 2 is about pvp challenge mix with pve obstacles. Getting 2 shot by NPC on 80 lvl tank with full CON, NM +6 set, super sigel rune and etc ... is ridiculous. This is not challenge for you to overcome, its plain stupid game mechanic destroying your class base around "be strong vs archers".
    2) Nothing is on stake. We dont lose anything, we dont gain anything. Thats not how Lineage 2 pvp work.

Remove NPC guarding the castle. There was like 50-60 players on that siege. Let players fight and decide server fate. Thats how "sandbox" MMORPG work, thats how Lineage 2 work.

There is nothing "fun" fighting npc. You can make those bazion times stronger or weaker, its still not going to be fun. Because they dont use tactics, dont try different combinations, there is nothing to "outsmart" ... just find weakness/bug and exploit it.

And last thing - people can say "but at least we can fight for 1 hour as much as we want". Well thats true when actually people are motivated to fight. This work when both sides can win/lose something at the end. Otherwise its just like F mobile games. Nothing matter, nothing is on stake.

Innova staff, once you fight and remove auto-macro because its hurting the game. Good/bad - you did it. There is new fight for you.
    If we are going to have 1 castle only to siege ... at least let NOT be pve siege.
    Thank you!

2. iBlackbird

iBlackbird User

For me personaly whole update is terrible mix of classic and essence. I think this is the first update where I literally cant find anything I like.

3. DickTheQuick

DickTheQuick User

I like everything in this patch so far.

+ Macro back and autoboy (big plus for people with families)
    + Awesome event with chance to really boost gear (everybody knows we need to boost average skelth gear to conquer new content)
    + Only 30 min of ally activity daily
    + Revenge system

And siege. Its not necessarilly bad thing. Nobody got castle means 0% tax. Aden was also not taken for a long time since server started. At least its a goal that people will look towards and when somebody conquer that giran it will have a meaning.

4. itherus

itherus User

remove teleport in combat this thing is rly bad

5. Paljar

Paljar User

This game is not lineage2 classic anymore. I feel sorry that the previous patch i bought subscriptions for both accounts until somewhere in 2020.

JaimeLannister, DarkDiv and Troy like this.
  6. 1Shadow9Fists

1Shadow9Fists User

Lets stay focus on siege only in this thread, share your toughs if you want but talking about patch in general will hurt the main topic (imo).

---
    So ... everything in this siege scream "MOBILE GAME".
    - one hour
    - every week, instead of classic 1 per 2 weeks
    - teleportation, rez zone
    - no exp lost
    - insanely (and boring) strong NPC guards, that prevent anyone from taking the castle.
    We just dont need NPC obstacles for pvp event like sieges. We have raids, farm loc, cata/necro, epics, w-e ... why siege too?

The most simple and easy solution is NPC guards to be removed and as I say it already - players decide Skelth fate. Are we going to have +30% taxes or not. Who will fight who, why ...

Imagine by some shenanigans we join forces. NoMercy, DarkSide, Pandas and MartinusII. Kill the npc, golems+pony+all the BS you can imagine. Then what? Share the castle? Take turns to rule it. Holding hands and singing kumbaya?
    :/

DarkDiv likes this.
  7. Ydwros

Ydwros User

This update and all it's content is praised to much from Innova, Sieges is part of this update so also are praised as very successfull, you can try suggest corrections and other ideas/proposals, all debatable ofcourse, but in the end they won't take any action for at least till next update, which it might be even worse.
    To justify my beliefs so far I will only tell you that two days ago i made a Threat hambly wishing good luck and have fun to all the people who like this Update while i am out because i do not like it (I do not consider it "classic" anymore) and it just got deleted because Innova propably don't want hear it's playerbase suggestions or w/e, also this is currently edited 2nd time because moderator keep interfearing with my personal criticism which is PERSONAL and polite.
    Maybe Siege will be Instanced next (go figure)... but hey, Pay to Play till then (fun or not).

PS: Innova staff, if you cannot take critisism please Bring forum Down, because so far i thought Forum was for players to share their thoughts, suggestions and personal expirience, good or bad. Having you dictating my personal expirience and having a very "polite way" to state it (delete/change it) is fascistic and unethical.
    PS2: I will post this message to reddit and other Media to make sure people will see how you treat players posts which the only thing that do "wrong" is not share same opinion as yours.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
    Yquan, Paljar and iBlackbird like this.
  8. iBlackbird

iBlackbird User

Sadly noone really care about players opinion. It's not only EU players that dont like the update and sieges, its also huge Russian community but sadly that is direction where L2 classic is going and I dont believe anymore that anything can be changed.

Yolai, Troy and Fast. like this.
  9. Yquan

Yquan User

It looks like all Innova wants in the server is a bunch of whales (deep pocketed people) that can run multiple accounts instead of a larger player base.

10. xForce

xForce Read оnly

was not there but heard how bad it really was and so disapointed of this thing... for sure they have already heard lots of complains hell even their own mighty grand kain server cant claim the bloody castle xD just a another joke

11. HundredBeasts

HundredBeasts User

u guys realize you are talking "alone", right? xD

12. DarkDiv

DarkDiv User

I watched it and it and i tend to agree. These changes do not make L2 more fun. That being said I'm curious about something.

I only saw the last half of the siege... did anyone summon a golem? Did the NPC's destroy the golem in no time flat?

13. LangleyQueen

LangleyQueen User

It was already confirmed that they will merge Classic + Essence content, so that's where the game is headed right now.

14. SK111

SK111 User

This is only my personal opinion.
    Without the auto-hunting option and the current event i wouldn't have never been able to catch up with the 70+
    mid geared players on skelth so all in all before this update, with the current event, a normal gamer couldn't find
    any good point to play in here and skelth would have been died in a matter of months.
    If innova will be able to appeal all the eu gamers who are playing, or who played, on na servers, and we are talking
    about 5k + players, idk 3 classic servers won't be enough, for sure.

I do repeat myself, this is my personal opinion.

As far as shadow pointed out, yes giran siege atm has great problems and we all
    hope they will be fixed as soon as possible.

15. Fast.

Fast. User

I know some people didn't like FrAgola for a certain things like her attachement to lucky and clanhalls in the past, I am not one of them though.

But I have to say, when FrAgola was a community manager here, we always have had a prompt feedback on most players queries.

16. Mast3rplan

Mast3rplan User

Ofc new "siege" is ridicolous,but it has to be to keep in line with the ridicolous new update.
    They want to motivate single ppl to join skelth paying 89 accounts having the chance of joining siege as free pvp zone without losing nothing, to have pvp with their looped chars.U could reach lvls also before with few hours/day u just needed to play together and be in some kind of community,but this was hard to understand for some ppl It seems from what i read here.
    Probably the only real good thing done in the recent past was removing the loop of macros,long way to remove this cancer and now..here it goes again.
    Ofc for innova things are:server is dead for numbers of subs,we need some ppl paying dozens of accounts as before,one guy paying many account is what L2 search for,the fact that server becomes an automatized **** doesnt matter ,and why should they care if it brings more money.

Sieges were,not always,one of the few moments where i had some real fun on skelth lately,now i guess ill have to run the map,see all the bots running and realize finally that this time is better to cash out and leave the ****.

Paljar likes this.
  17. Alexsaysz

Alexsaysz User

It's spelled ridiculous.

Please learn it and it's synonyms thoroughly as it's what Skelth has always been and will always be.

18. 1Shadow9Fists

1Shadow9Fists User

The troll is alive!!! ALIVE!!!

19. Emil G

Emil G User

Now with Gimpo Tank with Doom set +10 can take guards don't worry!

20. EvasAegis

EvasAegis User

For months and months now the only things that made ppl log in game was olympiad and Siege, and now both are destroyed.

As for sieges, there is nothing much to say really. We were not able to get near the castle gates because NPCS 1-shot everybody. So nothing happened.
    As a feedback: Remove or nerf the npcs, so we can actually see whats inside and test it. Also, make it weekly, but 2h long..the more pvp the better.