1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Returnee (Ger/Eng)

Discussion in 'Tavern' started by Puuchie, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Puuchie

Puuchie User

So... here we are again, huh?
    It had been a long time for me to be around RO and even though I have quit many years ago for a variety of reasons, I find myself coming back to it in my thoughts once in a while. I have played the game for the very first time when I had been just seventeen years old, had a ****ty computer and could barely afford to pay my monthly subscription. I remember my very first guild eXion still so well as if it had been just yesterday I had been around a group of wonderful people being a great company during my very first steps in RO... and telling me that putting your status points on LUK won't raise your drop rates, haha. Special greetings going to Eboreus, my dear husband, a person I could fool around with a lot and have a great time just talking ********. You moved on a long time ago, but I am still grateful for having met you back then and becoming a great partner in crime without any drama involved, heh.

I remember when the Rebirth Update came and I saw all the players, being around the game much longer than I had been, becoming stronger and I wanted to join them so badly... by deciding to play an Dex/Vit Strip Rogue which eventually got stuck on level 93/94... hours of hours grinding Geographers because there is nothing you can really do with that build. At least in WoE I stripped them all with great success, so I did not mind that much!

I remember being a part of Excipere Facit and I also remember my last days being part of a guild I sadly can't recall the name of, but had been a wonderful place to be around until the day came I left RO for real and got occupied by new interests and enjoying life as an adult.. with all the horrible responsebilities, haha.
    It feels kinda weird to think of all the people I have met during these years, people I called close friends, people I had a crush on (man, it had been quite a thing to find relationships of the serious kind in RO, haha), people you could have such stupid childish drama with, people kicking your *** when you were not playing well enough and people who'd laugh together with you when the whole party got wiped in the depths of a dungeon. Often I wonder what happened to all those people, what they are doing right now.. married, kids.. still playing RO, maybe? This game is giving me lots of nostalgic feelings!

I had been quietly following around Wizzzzard for a while to peek into what had RO been evolved into during the years I had not felt like playing it anymore and I was and I still am highly impressed how a person could still stick to the same old game with such passion, even though the gaming market is full of options to chose from. When I got to hear that euRO is going to be shut down I was glad I had quit the game years ago, so I won't lose what so many people lost, not only zeny, items or ranks, but what is connected to all these things. It must had been a real emotional meltdown for some and even though it did not affect me, I can still empathize with those who had to witness the server being shut down with no return.

But well... at first I did not thought I would ever pick interest in playing again, mostly because I never felt fond of the Renewal mechanics.. but well... apparently, I want to give it another try and join in when the gates to the wonderful world of RO are going to be opened once more.

So... with all this nostalgic talk:
    My humble greetings to all the old and new players. I am truly looking forward to making new friends and maybe (miracles happen at times!) even walk into old ones.
    I'd be happy to join a guild (international or german) and get the grind going again and see if the game is still that magical kind of place I remember from almost fifteen years ago. <3

Last but not least: I am happy I still have this super old screenshot from me almost horribly failing my Rogue Job Test. :'D

2. icanbankai

icanbankai User

That was a nice read. Thanks for Sharing it.

Anyways Welcome! I hope you will enjoy it as much as i will do.

3. Rodegarth

Rodegarth User

You were not the only Person in that Case, ... how often i had to restart a Charakter, Guildmates or Friends aswell. Just to get right on Time or the correct Build... and then we even failed on the most easy Challenge.. as you said, just our Nostalgie. Haha!
    :80:
    But aswell Welcome from me & hope to met you Ingame! :9:

4. Lysithea

Lysithea User

you seem like an interesting Character Puuchi
    Since i'm also bound to Ragnarok online for almost as long as you where with comebacks now and again~
    i would also like to make your acquaintance ingame

5. Gwydion

Gwydion User

Hey Puuchie !

I just finished to read your post and thats pretty cool ! Im really glad to count with us in our Eng guild !

Lets rock for the beginning !

<3

6. --Fakir--

--Fakir-- User

Hey, another one that remembers EF ;)

And I think I remember you also Puuchie, but the rogue was called other, or? I remember some nights in Teamspeak, where we tried to level the rogue in a party ;))

Great to see some old members here

7. Sersim

Sersim User

Liked this post a lot.

Short story, same story here. Played a lot since the beginning with same friends and mad new ones along the way. Coming back for a fresh (even though much more relaxed) start.

Funny thing ... 16 years ago i started playing together with my cousin; his daughter was born, just a few days before, and he named his first character after her name.
    Today we are starting all over again, and his daughter (16 yo) is playing with us. ;)

Joyoko likes this.
  8. Ascetic

Ascetic User

I was in eXion too :p