1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Make party gameplay great again

Discussion in 'Tavern' started by Miami_Mickey, Oct 2, 2019.

?

Do you want a party exp bonus?

1. Yes

176 vote(s)
    94.1%
  2. No

11 vote(s)
    5.9%
  1. Miami_Mickey

Miami_Mickey User

It seems that party gameplay unfortunately isn't big of a deal on this server, because there is little to no party exp bonus implemented.

As I read through discord and forum threads, I noticed, that a decent amount of player would appreciate a party exp bonus for each party member, while other folks are against the idea and often use phrases like "you wanted the classic experience. There was no party exp in classic Ro."

I also started a thread when I began playing on this server, because I asked myself why there were so few parties and didn't know at that time, that there was no party exp bonus. You can look it up here if you want to: https://eu.4gameforum.com/threads/664325/

So maybe it is possible to get innova to think about the idea of adding a party exp bonus, even if there is none on RuRo as I read. Maybe they will notice if enough people are voting for it or maybe they will straight up ignore it there is no telling.

But first I wanted to see if there is a need to implement the bonus at all or if the players are happy without it. Please feel free to share your thoughts on this topic.

2. Shakaw

Shakaw User

One of the greatest graces of Ragnarok is to group up with friends, clan mates or simply strangers, who often become new friends. The Brazilian community of which I am a part is a master and we love it, spending hours and hours on voice programs while we get up together, make time go faster and make the game less robotic! The European and Russian community should try this gameplay experience, if not their culture, and not criticize for maintaining this style of solo gameplay, where only bots are happy ...

Miami_Mickey likes this.
  3. Gimsya

Gimsya User

They not gonna fix it. They like this situation, when only leechers online. Russian server still have same mechanic all 14 month.

4. Miami_Mickey

Miami_Mickey User

Yeah that's pretty sad actually. But maybe there is a small chance if enough players will vote for it and it's shown to innova. At least we tried then.

5. erzi222

erzi222 User

ragnarok is a mmo it means you shall play with other people so rewards teamplay pls !

Miami_Mickey likes this.
  6. Machpella

Machpella User

I don’t know how about Europe, but in Russia this topic has already been raised to 4game, so it doesn’t depend on culture ... but you yourself know what, if a person is alone, he suffers in one way or another, and if he suffers, then he need medicine, and and and, where does he go after him?))

7. Chacha973

Chacha973 User

In europe many ppl play to 12/12 on party but on this server not bonus exp

8. angix

angix User

I really wish there was something that incentivized party play, it only feels like everyone plays by themselfs because its faster and better

9. Miami_Mickey

Miami_Mickey User

Well I think this poll needs way more votes before it can be shown to innova. Right now only 53 people voted. This wouldn't be enough I guess..

10. Lunawyn

Lunawyn User

That's true. Tho classic RO also didn't have a P2W ItemShop and botched stats that made solo lvling easier. I doubt they're gonna change anything because they only want your money. Players grouping up would mean there's less need for P2W items, which would result in less people buying it.

The meaning of MMO long lost what it stood for. There's barely any MMO nowadays that encourages people to party up. Every MMO I ever played was practically a Singleplayer game with other people running around and boring cutscenes. With the exeption of DAOC, RO and FFXIV, because those three either encouraged or forced you to party up.

The only thing that can save this server is changing the CashShop items to something LESS P2W. Other games only sell costumes (without any effects like stats or skills on them) in their shop and it's working just fine. Or they just have to give RO an abo again, which would also prevent people from playing 3 accounts at once. I payed the abo back on the original classic, I would do it again if the server was worth it.

(You can even make an Abo AND sell costumes on ItemShop. FFXIV does it and it works. And let me tell you, the Shop stuff is not cheap.)

11. erzi222

erzi222 User

well its true "mmos" have much single player gameplay too. but the difference is, that you shall always be rewarded when you group up with other people.
    look at raids from other mmos .... you can only get the good items when you group up and help each other.
    sure there are people who may betray you but well ... i dont need to play a mm when I only play "all time" solo.
    thats not so far in ragnarok.

Miami_Mickey likes this.
  12. Miami_Mickey

Miami_Mickey User

Well the result of the poll and the overall opinion in this thread is clearly speaking for an exp bonus. Unfortunately I think that 87 votes are way too less to even get the attention of Innova. I mean I can try and write directly to one of the GMs refering to this thread, but there are like over 1k people on this server (I guess) and not even 1/10 voted. I hoped for a much bigger result to really get the attention to this matter..

13. roknroll2003

roknroll2003 User

I don’t know what you’re talking about. I see people shouting about parties all every minute of the day, and I see a ton of partying in general. If you want to party, walk up to somebody and ask. An extra bonus would be cool, but to make it seem like there isn’t plenty of partying on this server is silly.

14. Lunawyn

Lunawyn User

The only parties I see are parties of like 6 people that get random invites and if they realize your lvl is too high/low they just kick you out again. Because apparently they don't know how the chat works.

In Discord I see only LFPs over lvl 60. Dunno, maybe Snake Hat is not enough to solo end-game

Miami_Mickey likes this.
  15. Miami_Mickey

Miami_Mickey User

True! Exactly my experience with party play on this server. Completely different to Iro for example where there was party exp bonus and you had like 3 or 4 full parties at each major levelling spot.

Lunawyn likes this.
  16. McWolke

McWolke User

iRO Re:Start has party bonus and party gameplay is HUGE over there! It's so much fun, it feels so social and IT ENCOURAGES BUYING BATTLE MANUALS!! Listen up GMs! You can sell even more with party bonus!

Lunawyn and Miami_Mickey like this.
  17. Miami_Mickey

Miami_Mickey User

Unfortunately no answer yet..

[​IMG]

18. Even Hell

Even Hell User

The overall game experience is really frustrating, a lot of issues are mentioned above (No party interaction, P2W Cash Shop...).
    No fun to play if they make it too obvious that they just want your money x3

Additionally just noticed that everyday less and less people are playing. (Dungeons almost empty)

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
    Miami_Mickey likes this.
  19. Kracky88

Kracky88 User

I recently stopped playing on this server, yet i read the forums here from time to time to see what has changed.

The reason for me was that playing in a party is not relevant, not even rewarding.
    So i walk around, leveling here and there but always alone.
    Joined a Guild to try to find some party members but they wanted to level alone because they are faster this way.

So for me without mates it makes no sense to play here.

There are more reasons why I quit but that didn't fit the post here.

Lunawyn likes this.
  20. erzi222

erzi222 User

sadly the gameowner wanne get the money from the noobs who buys in cash shop.

besides that its frustrating that they didnt wanne give bonus for partyplay.