1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[25.03—08.04] Fight against virus

Discussion in 'Game Events' started by Ah_Alicel, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Ah_Alicel

Ah_Alicel Innova Group

Plenty of us are on quarantine, spending the time in the beloved game, and we didn't expect the virus to interrupt our daily Ragnarok routine, did we?
    Well, the virus is here now, in the heart of the Kingdom, and it is up to us to protect the capital city.

Lucky for us, a professional Medic has been deployed in Prontera to raise the public awareness,
    distribute soap and sanitizer and also collect the Virus memos stolen by viruses:

[​IMG]

Account bound.
    The main measures to combat the epidemy are:
    - compliance with the recommended measures of self-isolation
    - washing hands, especially after the street
    - timely call of doctors if you have symptoms of the virus
    Weight: 0

New virus spawns once per an hour, be careful!

[​IMG]

To reward your efforts, Medic will exchange collected memos for the additional soap, sanitizer andprotection masks. To prevent virus from spreading, these masks are bound to the character, but you can exchange the memos between the characters of the same account.

Liquid soap
    [​IMG]

Account bound.
    Wash your hands regularly:
    - after the street
    - before putting on a mask
    - before touching your face
    Heals 10% HP and SP
    Weight: 1

Hand sanitizer
    [​IMG]

Account bound.
    An alcohol-containing gel to clean up your hands and phone after visiting public places.
    Heals 10% HP and SP
    Weight: 1

Medical mask
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Character bound.
    Terms of use:
    - wash your hands before putting on a mask
    - use the mask no longer than 2-3 hours
    - the mask must be removed by the straps
    - dispose used mask immediately
    - don't reuse it
    - if you touched the mask while removing it - wash your hands or clean them up with sanitizer.
    EXP from monsters +5%
    Inflict 1000% more weapon damage on Virus.
    Damage to magic skills by Virus +1000%.
    [Effects are active only during the "Fight the Virus" event]
    Class: Costume
    Defense: 0
    Required Level: 1
    Jobs: All

Biohazard mask
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Character bound.
    Personal protective equipment. Remember that in real life such masks are used my medical staff in strict accordance with instructions.
    EXP from monsters +15%
    Inflict 2000% more weapon damage on Virus.
    Damage to magic skills by Virus +2000%.
    [Effects are active only during the "Fight the Virus" event]
    Class: Costume
    Defense: 0
    Required Level: 1
    Jobs: All

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
  2. hazelove

hazelove User

somehow I think this event sounds unsavory. it is maybe a good idea of creating such events on paper. but I feel you should've bide with this until the hard vapours are over. now this looks like slutifying a whole situation. I can't imagine that this event helps in any way to devert people's thoughts.

3. Shartak

Shartak User

I see that the Biohazard mask is character bound, I can see why during the event, but what about after ? I mean, I like that costume, but I'd prefer having it on an other char that the one I'm doing the event with..

4. Akimotich

Akimotich User

Why Пронтера on screenshot written in Russian?

5. kamstis

kamstis User

worst event ever. can kill damn virus im sage good job...

6. Buzeeee

Buzeeee User

Kind of black humor?...

7. Lenav

Lenav User

This shows that unhappy people are always unhappy, they do a quarantine event and people just get mad

Jianto likes this.
  8. Krisiun

Krisiun User

It's only for high level people...so great. They assist each other and have so many HP ... sad. This could have been so usefull for "low" level people.

9. Chocomel

Chocomel User

Everyone kill stealing, everyone looting, shows how humans are during a lockdown...

10. StalkaDSR

StalkaDSR User

Where can i find the virus mobs ?

11. mikhmalk

mikhmalk User

They spawn in Prontera every hour.
    Don't forget to get one hour duration mask from Medic NPC. You can take a new one every hour. It gives you +1000% damage against those viruses as well as +5% EXP from monsters.

StalkaDSR likes this.
  12. Chayze

Chayze User

The description is wrong, ingame it says:
    Also
    doesn't affect magical Damage. I tried to kill those with Mage Class Bolts and the damage did not increase at all with the mask put on

13. Aine Yaten

Aine Yaten User

Those are two different Medical masks I think, the 1-hour-costume and the permanent-headgear.
    Is that the description of the permanent one?

14. mikhmalk

mikhmalk User

They are the same. And both are costumes. The only difference between them is that one is permanent and the other you have to take from NPC every hour.

15. Balthier

Balthier User

Yeah this event is not the problem, but these scumbags which are kill stealing and looting.
    I cannot count the items i lost to looters. As soon as i start to kill, they appear loot everyting and teleport away. I dont even get to loot half of my stuff.

And those knights, using bowling Bash on my mobb as soon as they see me. Do i look like a member of some sort of charity?
    I don't mob and kill for others! Or is it because i have an alchemist with a homu and its ok to loot? Because alche are always afk?

I know how to play my class, the homu is mobbing for me, so i can kill with cart revolution, no help needed and i can loot my stuff myself, next time when someone starts to hit on my mob, i will retreat my homu so that the mobb kills him. Shame they will not loose any exp in town, would be a good lesson for those cockroaches.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
  16. Veinsley

Veinsley User

I feel you buddy, i've built an exeptional hate and grudge against those ****ers. I've stopped playing this event because i almost broke my pc on the last wave i did Yesterday. I totally don't understand why GMs do nothing about that, putting extended loot protection or watching over Prontera and chain-ban those ******* parasites. This event is great but then again, this is destroyed by useless players. I swear they should die from cancer for doing this, but they should all be perma banned in the first place.

17. Blibberblub

Blibberblub User

We all have the problem, best thing is to activate Greed (with Bravery Bag) in town for this Event.
    So you can greed for yourself or a Partymember before lootprotection is over.

18. Chinni

Chinni User

Unfortunately that would only solve ~50% of the problem. The other mentioned scenario is that you are fighting (for your life maybe because you are not a Peco class and don't have a Homu which tanks for you), automatically attract a mob, and *bingo*, some fu**ing Knight, Assassin, even Wizard class after they fixed the MATK bug jumps in, killsteals the whole mob, and then (righteously by game mechanics) "all your loot belong to me". You just lost not only the items you were supposed to collect, you also lost all the consumables you used to survive until then.

So, unfortunately I have say: with a toxic community like this such events are a bad, bad, bad idea.
    Made me stop playing it after my first attempt (as a Rouge class character, and as the only other class I have is a Priest class ... well, I'm ******, no mask for me. But what the heck, I will survive without it).

Of course I could be a "winning team joiner" and just be as toxic as nearly everyone else and start killstealing and lootstealing as well, but sorry, that just doesn't do it for me... Since day 1 playing Ragnarok Online I learned about "monsters fighting with another char are off-limits, attacking them is kill-steal". Of course from time to time it happens accidently also to me, then I usually am sufficiently ashamed and will apologize. That for me is also valid for event mobs in a protected zone like Prontera map.

Nevertheless I don't think there is anything Innova / 4game can do about that (except not bringing in these types of event). This is unfortunately something which Gravity would have to "work on" as it is effectively abuse of ingame mechanics that are implemented to protect you from loot / killstealers where now this mechanic inverts and gives an advantage to the loot / killstealers.

P.S. btw it is the same with the plant invasion event Mondays and Fridays. All these parties consisting of Wizard, Bragi Bard and hordes of looters teleporting in, casting Meteor Storm EVERYWHERE like "I don't care that there are other people collecting there", then of course all the herbs are reserved for that party and all I can do is sit in the next corner and start crying... well, I can only say I cannot eat as much as I want to throw up about behavior like that.

sumonhc, Aine Yaten and Xyvyr like this.