1. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

Returning player, few questions about buffer and strategy

Discussion in 'Players helping players' started by Sk1pper, Mar 14, 2021.

1. Sk1pper

Sk1pper User

Hello there.

Due to the epidemic I found myself with a little bit of free time and decided to check L2 again. ~8 years ago I was playing L2 in NA when GoD hit up until Tauti (I think) and the game was vastly different from what it is now. It's like ... I got to lvl 99 in like 30 minutes, lol.

What I made so far is lvl 100 Doomcryer and lvl 100 Yul Ghost Sentinel. Both accounts are premium for increased exp gain. Subscription fee never scared me if I'm having fun.

My questions are the following.

1. Should I reroll the doomcryer into hierophant, I read in the chat that doomcryers got some massive nerfs and they're borderline useless. Is this true? I need this answered urgently because apparently I can switch class in the next 3 days for free. Why is hierophant better than the doomcryer for an yul archer? I'm also thinking of leveling a tank at some point, so keep that in mind.

2. When I hit lvl 100 I had a quest that asks me to kill 40,000 mobs :DD I mean, no pressure but it also wants me to level to 101 which I find super difficult. So far I've killed like 4k mobs and I am nowhere near level up. What can I do to speed up my leveling at least until lvl 105? I am mostly a solo player dualboxing my ISS. My AoE is kinda trash when solo so I'm doing single target blazing swamps right now because mobs in War-torn plains are bow resistant (lol)

Basically I'm asking how to develop my toon further as the game right now is incomparable with what once was. I went to the old areas just to see that I've outleveled them all. Very weird pacing. One moment you are leveling like there's no tomorrow and afterwards there's a sudden stop with no hints at what to do. Quests give me like 0.0003% of exp :D the few that I am able to do anyway. The game used to have a lot of daily quests for tons of experience. There was kartia, kamaloka and now I can't find the NPCs for these and there are no LFG groups for either of those. I really don't know what to do :D Send help

Thanks in advance.

2. NeoTiger

NeoTiger Global moderator

1) With the current meta, mostly played iss are Swordmuse and Dominator because of their skills for PVP. Hierophant POM has stronger effect than COV or VOP in term of critical damage. Rerolling is up to you, either you get your iss box to POM 1-2 DD (I would pick this path for solo player) either to COV/VOP whole party.

2) Get a party or improve gear to kill faster :s

3) Game changed a lot compared to GoD, no more daily/farming quest.

Kartia can be prolly solo'ed now and it has becoming an obsolete instance. NPC still near Aden fountain. Kamaloka is for level 105+, there is also a Kartia 105+ (solo instance). NPC for daily instance are in Aden near the old weapon shop.

Game is now: afk macro until 107+, complete exalted quests, do instances with people, farm in instanced area too. I forgot about Imperial Tomb, this daily is rewarding a box with XP but with your gear, you cannot do it alone. Also, you can farm in Coal Mine, good area for XP and later Storm Isle.

3. Sk1pper

Sk1pper User

Ok I got level 101. How do I obtain rune stones? I can't seen to be able to learn PoW and a lot of other lvl 101 skills.

4. Neville

Neville User

One option is to buy them from players or another is to lvl up and u get them in clan missions.