1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Game balancing thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by NeoWar, Sep 8, 2021.

1. NeoWar

NeoWar User

Hey there!

So, after a long time without playing RF, I decided to come back. Found some familiar faces already playing, however some stuff set in the server doesn't allow it to be enjoyable.

So here I am, making a thread to bring in some topics and get your feedback as a player and hopefully GMs can join too.

Setting some boundaries to anyone who would like to join:

- Flaming, trash-talking or just saying "no" is not an option, if you comment here, do so in orderly manner and without arrogance or I will report it myself and request the comments to be deleted.

- This is a server wide discussion

- Avoid the off-topic

As for my feedback:

- Contribution Points system:
    I do understand that resetting it every week is a way to give a chance to lower levels to sign up for Race Leadership and climbing up the rank. However I disagree with this, players with higher CPt actually took the effort to get there (raiding settlements included), attended CW and so on, so they actually took their own risk and cost, it is not rewarding at all to have that taken away every week. IMO, if you really want to keep it this way, at least make it a monthly thing.

- Summons:
    This is a tricky one, however it has been done, and you could look into it too.

Paimon- The tank summon lost most of its purpose as it no longer holds agro. I'm not saying that you need to revert back to Giga 4.2 values, but it needs to be increased to make it manageable. This is not a single player game, but its not properly populated atm and this would probably help out the numbers.

Inanna - It needs to have it's experience table edited to match the rest of the summons/players exp. At the most, its 3x harder to level Inanna than the character itself or the other summons (and yes, even Paimon levels faster).

Both Isis and Hecate are fine as it is, they were nerfed because they were OP.

- MAU stats:
    MAUs last "boost" makes them unmatched to anything else in the server. I do realize that leveling a spec Rider is not easy unless its "leeching" in a party, same for the parts price. But the original concept of having 2 MAUs, a Tank and a Glass Cannon, got lost in the way. So, I'm not asking for a nerf, but rather an adjustment to their stats.

- Mining:
    Right now, mining is a luxury to either the race that last hits the chip or the ones that stop their game play to mine in Crag, and this is where things get sad. Lazhus drop table could be revised to include +2 ore which has far better processing value than +1 and doesn't hamper the loosing races progress like it does now.

- Text translation
    Some items names are badly translated or just incorrect, I have seen shoes named gloves and so on. It doesn't affect the game at all, but for people that enjoy having a game that looks for a bug free environment, this is an improvement.

- The gear/ammo crafting for low levels, instead of just editing/replacing it with higher level stuff.

- Get PT/Exp events going more often.

So far this is all...
    Like I said feel free to comment and disagree if you have to, but state your opinion please.

2. NeoWar

NeoWar User

Edit:

Remove the cost of using /all chat or atleast reduce it... New players usually use it to ask for help and 100k each time for someone that did a fresh start is a big downside