1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

What do you think about Othell Rogue

Discussion in 'Archive 2.0' started by Shuten, Nov 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xanee

Xanee User

u need make your critical skill to 3lvl and then try to backstab, i can kill mage(lol with pushback)/archer/mb tyrr warior(if bleed succes(rare thing :d ) ), but no chance vs healer/enchanter

2. satis

satis User

still, i find more enjoyable the 3rd class daggers.... the skill motions were way better and gave better feeling.
    btw our new "lethal strike" has an endless resuse time. worse than i expected.

3. TeMePyT

TeMePyT User

and ofc i did lvled it, the problem is its damn hard even to get close to the wizard. as i said i pwned the wiz most of the times, but tyrr warrior was 0 chance, even it was berserker with light set. not to mention u must keep constant eye on max critical so when it goes off to cast it again, and for bleed land to use the chain skill. sure rogue pwns, but imho now it requires alot more skill to play it than before :) and i really like that!

4. satis

satis User

yeah its now better than a day before. i think i learned how to play with it. anyway, i miss the target cancel skills, because mischief does cnacel target+ too much recovery time, and throwing poison needle does not cancel target too.
    only stuns and kick are chances to get behind enemies. as i experienced, only blood stab is a behind skill, the others do not even work from behind! chain blow, heart breaker, dagger explosion need to be dealt in front. thats kinda big change from 3rd class, where all the skill were better from behind. what do you think?

edit: it is also annoying for me that we no longer can see the skill casting bar just above the chars' head. it helped a lot in pvp by indicating when can we press the next stab, and how long does it take to cast a stab or skill or whatever.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2011
  5. TeMePyT

TeMePyT User

uhm, max critical gives u crit chance in front side and rear rate. also-have u checked the skills for 86+ lvl? mass trick(cancel targets of all enemies infront), death clock+another chain stun at lvl 99, clone attack. here we can see only about half of the awakened skills :p at higher lvl it gets more interesting.

6. |Mak0|

|Mak0| User

exactly my feeling...
    in party vs party, i believe that daggers still can do their job, but 1v1 forget it, it's asking you way too much to be half competitive.
    also wtf with that bad force ? give us back old daggers please ? :(

7. Shuten

Shuten User

after playing this ob as a dagger, still dont know what to think about this class.

i mean, it's amazing to see how hard hey hit in pve and sometimes in pvp, but i dont know....i think something is wrong.

what do you think after trying it for a couple of days?

8. |Mak0|

|Mak0| User

i think that wind rider >> ghost hunter > othell rogue > th
    no really the class lost the feeling of power, of reactivity, of... strength ?

the class feels clunky, not well thought in its designing. particularly cause of the new backstab and its bleed effect to use one of your 2 other spammable blows. or the lethal with a 2 minutes cd..
    other than that the autoattacking damage is very nice. still missing focus death but w/e

didn't try in pve but no doubt that it does good damage

9. Yuhas

Yuhas User

every skills works from behind. but there is one difference: blood stab (new backstab) works from front too and it still attacking directly in hp (bypassing cp).
    if you have max critical on lvl 2 (crit. damage bonus) or higher it is of course better stabing from behind.
    max critical havent penalties from attacking from front so its is better i think.
    for me is rogue now very powerful, thanx to skill shadow chase and power bluff
    shadow chase (reuse 15 sec) (like old shadow step with his long reuse) moves you behind the targeted enemy, cancels its targeting, and stuns it.
    power bluff (reuse 8 sec) (like old bluff which not landing on enemies) cancels an enemys targeting, stuns the enemy for 3 seconds, and increases the enemys vulnerability to rear attacks for a period of time. also increases the enemy’s aggression toward you. after the stun ends, the enemy is immobile for 5 seconds. requires an equipped dagger or dual dagger weapon.

i see casting bar above skillbar and its for me better :eek:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2011
  10. satis

satis User

yes, you are right. skills work also from front attack. we must update our dagger playstyle in order to be successful.
    anyway, i started an abyss walker. :d

11. itherus

itherus User

blood stab doesn't work from front only its effect (bleed,half kill). bluff have root effect from time to time but not always even if u have all old epic jewelery. the worst thing now is reuse skills 5 sec. now u have only 2 blows to spam heart breaker and blood stab another one have 8 sec reuse and it works like mass blow with ****ty dmg. new lethal is very powerful and it makes 1/1 cp/hp but cooldown **** hard.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2011
  12. satis

satis User

yes, the fking resuse time!! a 2d or 3rd class dagger has 3 secs reuse on backstab and deadly blow. lethal is fast enough as well. now this 5secs demand to use autohits and kite much more.

13. evayuko

evayuko User

othell rogue its the most weak awakening class now?

14. BladeOfChaos

BladeOfChaos User

i don't think so, it's just harder to play. i love it, noobs won't do anything and pros will own everything.

15. Shekou

Shekou User

i also think that the awakening classes were a bad idea. now we lost the high variety of classes this game was famed for. there will be not much difference between an elf or a dark elf dagger, they will both loose their unique traits and skills and become a generic class with lame skills. we will loose exactly those things that we know and love in our character, the reasons behind our choice of class. now they only serves as 3 different paths leading to the same sad end. now the most important thing behind our choosing are pitiful reasons like which one is better for leveling to 85.
    there's enough new additions in god without the awakened classes, they should've just left it out of it and instead just thrown in like one or two skill. or zero, and leave the classes as they were (that's the best option in my book). the highened stat points are also lame. now the +1 or 3 points that we get from armor sets just lost their meaning (also wtf is that humans having basically the same dex as d.elfs? that's ******ed). there are tons of new stuff in god already, new and remade areas, bosses, items.. (and a lot of things got taken away too) they should only continue with the story or everything else excluding the classes as they're fine the way they were.
    now everybody have to learn how to use their awakened class and most importantly how to battle againts the others which are also became a mystery. even from the view from the new players among us, i just don't understand the logic behind this. they develop their character and when they finally become familiarised with the skills and tricks of the trade, they instantly loose everything and forced to forget all the things they learnt.

i don't want to loose focus death. or counter attack/dodge. or crit passives, hex, etc... all for what? stupid skills like aoe poison attack? gimme a break...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2012
  16. Mr_Kzimir

Mr_Kzimir User

god , is a new beginning for the game , i think you will have more diversity in the next updates

17. Wrath

Wrath User

i tested god, and now i can leave l2 die alone ;) god tottaly destroyed essence of lineage 2 name, sad but true.

18. Intrepid

Intrepid User

less and less people think like you...sad but true :)

shekou we still have the variety of classes it just depends on items now(good or bad well thats just about tastes).

19. Mr_Kzimir

Mr_Kzimir User

good bye then.

seriously , update after update , the game was simply pushing the level cap higher, making pre 76 skills useless without an absurd over enchant.
    resulting in a higher gap between , old players and new comers , making high level contant a joke reserving high level contant to sides.

at least god shuffles the cards and makes it's possible again for few months.

20. Jitte

Jitte User

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.