1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

GameGuard after resolving Frost issue.

Discussion in 'Technical Issues (Archive)' started by Myzreal, Dec 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Myzreal

Myzreal User

first of all i had a problem with frost. after i pressed play on the site, the bar appeared (which was frost i believe) and nothing happened after that. i resolved this issue by downloading a ready-updated frost folder from another user and replacing mine.

the game now launches properly. after that, i get a horribly low resolution and am directed to the server choice screen (with only core being there). the game works really slow, i cannot click any of the buttons. there are 3 possiblities i do here:
    1. i press enter -> i am informed about disconnection and when i accept it, a long game guard error appears. i cannot read it though as the game closes the next second.
    2. i try to click the buttons - nothing happens. they are really laggy, once i put my mouse cursor over them, they take like 2 seconds to lit up and do not react on clicks.
    3. i do nothing and wait. after like 5-10s i get a gameguard-601 error, accepting which causes the game to close.

i have spent 2h reading all the topics on this technical issues forum and none helped me. i have windowsxp,
    c++ redistributables up to date,
    framework 4.0 up to date,
    launcher is version .51, not .49.
    i have no firewall besides the windows-built-in one which however is disabled. i still added all the exceptions to it, even though it's disabled: every file from frost folder, l2.exe, l2.bin.
    i have no game-guard related files in the system folder which other solutions advise to delete.

i also tried this: https://forum.4game.com/showthread.php?t=995
    i cannot do the "disable dep" thing though, as i get an error that bcdedit.exe is not a valid command.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2011
  2. Myzreal

Myzreal User

okay then, to anyone who has gameguard issues:
    they appear because your frost is not working properly. what helped for me was:
    1. copy lineage2 to a different drive.
    2. uninstall and reinstall launcher.
    3. when installing, point to the new folder on the new drive.
    4. removing frost and system from the new folder.
    5. launching the fix from the site.

after all of these i can finally reach character creation. i still get a crash after logging into the game but i think i can manage to fix it and post the solution later.

thx for help to this awesomely helpful forum, all the responses helped a lot. sarcasm intended.

3. Rivalsa

Rivalsa User

and how did you fixed your frost issue,let me know,thx

4. Myzreal

Myzreal User

exactly what i described there - moved to another folder, deleted "frost" and "system" and so on.

5. Eska

Eska User

good day,

you can see actual solutions and issues' statuses here.
    additional instructions could be found here.
    if you can't find a solution for your issue you always can ask for moving the thread back into the main branch.

best regards,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.