1. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

We want a normal launcher

Discussion in 'Archive 2.0' started by fabry93, Dec 8, 2011.

?

Do you want a new launcher (like NcSoft one) with frost security incorporated?

1. Yes

118 vote(s)
    82.5%
  2. No

25 vote(s)
    17.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fabry93

fabry93 User

i think that everybody hates the new web-launcher, it's annoying and lower lineage ii to the level of other free-****ty games, such as: soldier front, lunia...
    can't you just join the frost security with the lineage ii's launcher? or make a new launcher with frost security incorporated?
    many lineage ii's private servers did this, the official can't do it?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2011
  2. Mutuhara

Mutuhara User

i can't play for 6 days, because play button doesn't do anything, so yes, i would like a normal launcher, without problems. if they solve all of problems they could put back the web login...

3. Abracadabra

Abracadabra User

i have to agree. i hope that innova will change this in the future.

4. DeepBlue

DeepBlue User

thread moved to appropriate section, please continue with your discussion.

5. neferefer

neferefer User

we have to install visual c++, turn on dns client in services.msc, and continually run 4gameservice.exe and 4gametray.exe in order to play the innova version. my pc can handle it fine, but i don't like having so little control over what processes/programs i need running and installed. compare it to ncsoft: nc requires 1. l2.exe and 2. gameguard, while innova needs 1. l2.exe, 2. frost, 3. 4gameservice.exe, 4. 4gametray.exe, 5. svchost.exe. the innova launcher also occasionally feels the need to revert folder settings like "folder icons" and "read only" of the install directory back to default settings. why is it messing with my pc settings?!

the game runs fine but for sure there needs to be a more efficient launcher.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2011
  6. Zorben

Zorben User

i would like not only a normal launcher but an account login, it would make easier to relogin when you get dc, otherwise the game get closed

7. fabry93

fabry93 User

thanks to the moderator that moved this thread to the appropriate section, i'm sorry for the mistake.

i'm totally agree with you xd.

8. Umbarabumba

Umbarabumba User

the worst is when u get disconnect, ur game client is closing, seriously wtf?

9. Zarat

Zarat User

i think is hard set a launcher whit frost

10. XeNDeR

XeNDeR User

have u tried it?

11. AnyColour

AnyColour User

someone was already mentioning that ru servers work without webpage launcher ... so i dont see any reason why we shouldnt get it in the future

12. Koren

Koren User

i dont care about new launcher. not a priority imo (works well for thousands, those who have a clean pc have it working)

13. Truga

Truga User

ru 4game launcher houses a bunch of games (much like ncsoft launcher), one of which is l2. it really is no different that ncsoft launcher, in anything other than the language or the game. i've played there and it works fine.

14. agacan

agacan User

of course luncher will be better. my lot of friend cant login about c++ and they boring about that

15. Waldorf

Waldorf User

i voted no, this system works fine. yeah it's weird that we have to uninstall the visual c++ stuff before installing the 4game launcher but in the end, who cares?

16. VulstaR

VulstaR User

there are some buggs in the 4game installer wich could be fixed, and some ppl should get a better browser with javascript and evrything working. other than that this browser luancher is a great way to keep bots out for a while so until there are lots of bots ingame, i dont see reason for removing the web luancher. so yes get firefox latest version, get the lastest flash, enable javascript, allow the website to make cookies and all that stuff. and only thing that remains are the bugs from the installer ive seen on the forum. where the c++ one is easily fixed by removing the current versions on your pc and let it install for a few minutes with the updater wich works 99% off the time for taht bug.

17. MiuMiu

MiuMiu User

we'd like to inform you that this topic is being closed, since it is inactive, and will be archived at the 1st of the month, as planned.

regards .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.