1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

SSD performance on Lineage. is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Archive 2.0' started by Mrnoobkilled, Dec 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. telez

telez User

you are using a laptop. it will definitly improve the loads for sure. does your pc have a dedicated graphics card or it uses the intel one? if it uses the intel once, dont expect the game to run smooth..

2. darky

darky User

first of all
    fps mean frames per second it has nothing to do with ssd or hdd or scsi or anything else
    its a graphical problem (you only see 1-2 fps because the drive is unable to load so for the gpu its like one screenshot )
    second ssd has the same access time (in the memory itself) as the good old hdd but the ultra big numba godlord etc its the access time from the buffer of the ssd to the controller so far no one was developed a way to instantly acess the nand memory itself

the good part is that the ssd and current windows 7 configuration has a nasty thing called trim
    eventually in hdd when you have a perfomance loss you just do a defragment but in ssd trim literally kills blocks of memory and in time not even defragment will save the drive
    second thing is that they cost way to much for nothing compared that ibm is producing (in 2012) a kind of drive with crystal on it

3. FizzyBubbelle

FizzyBubbelle User

well it says " ati mobility radeon hd 5470 up to 2234 mb hypermemory"

im a noob at those stuff... but did i just gave u the right info?!

4. telez

telez User

yea, its a dedicated one. should be able to handle l2 decently (compared to intel xd )

go for it, buy a ssd

5. maxver

maxver User

it's don't recommened for laptops. anyway you can try it, you need to know what your cpu temp can reach in safe mode. and then go oc and what temp it reaches after oc.

6. FizzyBubbelle

FizzyBubbelle User

ok fine ill get one but is my laptop compatible with a ssd?!
    ill show what i got :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

those are the ports!

thx btw telez and everyone else

7. Midgard

Midgard User

ssd goes inside ur laptop. my laptop has two hdd slots inside so i was able to keep my old hdd for storage and add one more ssd for os and lineage. if ur laptop has two slots u can do the same and if it doest well then u gonna have to upgrade to a higher capacity ssd which will cost a lot more but will probably be faster than smaller ones

8. telez

telez User

funny thing that i aso have a 5740g (but with i7 and hd5650m). yes, it supports the ssd but as some1 said it goes inside your computer. it's a really easy thing to do, for some1 who know what he is doing. aparently, you are completly clueless on how to do things so i advise you to get some friend or known person to make it for you, including installing windows

9. FizzyBubbelle

FizzyBubbelle User

so telez, as midgard said, does our laptop has 2 slots or just one?!

which ssd would u prefer me?!

10. Midgard

Midgard User

chose from corsair intel ocz mby crucial or samsung too

11. Esses

Esses User

[​IMG]

12. telez

telez User

yes, you can add a second disk, but for that you need to remove the dvd drive (also easy).
    using one of these:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-7mm-sata...e_internal&hash=item5d309cdf57#ht_2887wt_1037

as for the ssd i would recommend: i dont like intel disks, they **** and they are more expensive than ocz or corsair, for example.

read this: http://www.guru3d.com/article/ocz-agility-3-review/8
    i, for example, got an ocz agility3

13. Midgard

Midgard User

oczs are fine they have great 4kb read/write speeds. :)

14. maxver

maxver User

you can connect via e-sata, but you need ssd with e-sata option. imo. crucial m4>samsung>ocz

15. Arcain

Arcain User

the only problem is that ssd degrade performance quite fast and the only way to get it back is to secure erase them like once a half year.

16. telez

telez User

that laptop doesn't have e-sata.
    you can't have oppinions vs facts. look at test results, at price and buy. this is not about the brand also. for example, ocz agility3 costs ~145€ here (120gb) and, in most of the tests it completly obliterates intel ssd's, for example, and these last cost 170€.

you simply can't compare ssd's without sf controllers to those with sandforce controllers

17. darky

darky User

you cant take nothing back lol its law of physics and deteration of the disk ssd arent using qbit technology yet

18. Mr_Kzimir

Mr_Kzimir User

ignorance level in this thread amaze me.

ssd and fps in the same sentence , wait what o_o

19. FizzyBubbelle

FizzyBubbelle User

lol serious. 1 say go for ssd then another comes and say *** ssd. dont really know what to do tbh

20. Fenris

Fenris User

ok to sum up all things
    ssd make ur l2 work hell faster !
    http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ssd+lineage&oq=ssd+lineage&aq=f&aqi=g1&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=157l3430l0l3638l11l11l0l6l6l0l362l1089l2.0.1.2l5l0

to laptop u can buy a outside or inside type of sdd - it can be connected by usb or inside ur laptop in place of dvd or ur old hdd.
    ye it is a lot better to got ssd in laptop and outside hdd for files.

ps - dont tell me that ocz is way better than other companies like intel or samsung because it is ******** - users got a lot of problems with ocz made ssd drives. u can check any forum about ssd drives - they will adive u anything but not ocz. if u got some bargin i mean ocz made ssd is winning in price and speed ye go for it then but in any other situation for exampe ocz ssd drive with same stats cost same as ssd made by samsung/patriot - take samsung/patriot - u wil lthank me later.

ps 2 - for improving ur preformace in l2 ( a lot!!! ) u need ssd which read/write speed is above 400mb/s - check the test on proffesional sites because what is written by producer often is only a advertise and a lie.
    it will cost u about 100-200 euro. ofc if u have more money u can buy a ssd with speeds 1000mb/s or more than ur lineage will be smothly like watching a movie - but that ssd drives are much more expencive.
    i

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.