1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

SSD performance on Lineage. is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Archive 2.0' started by Mrnoobkilled, Dec 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FizzyBubbelle

FizzyBubbelle User

can u recommend me a good ssd for my laptop?!

2. telez

telez User

dude, intel and all intel based ssd's (like kingston and few other) ****, period. about the problems, i hope you realise that most of the problems are created by the user for not getting informed on how to do stuff. few bugfixes were made on firmwares launched but those were made by all companies. and don't try to tell me that ocz sponsers any fcking website when intel is the fcking biggest company here and they advertise by all means possible.

http://www.guru3d.com/category/memory/

i'll leave it here because they do extensive tests with alot of info, it's a good read. and they say bad stuff as good stuff also.

why are you also saying that you need a ssd with 400mbs read/write speeds? you realise that most people here have sata2 controllers wich will cap the speed anyways. i have a sata3 disk on a sata 2 controler and my l2 is very smooth and load times are 1-3 seconds. stop spreading ******** if you are clueless.

3. Fenris

Fenris User

u wana inside ssd drive or outside / what price range / how big it should be ?
    answer me to that questions and i think i can help u :d

if u have like around ~ 200$
    try this one -
    http://www.samsung.com/us/computer/memory-storage/mz-7pc128d/am
    or
    http://www.avadirect.com/product_details_parts.asp?prid=21623

those are one of best in this price range - around 500mb/s writing/reading speed provides u smooth work of l2(very very smooth)

btw. to prove my words about ocz problems here u got their forum - a lot users got problems with those ssd drives - http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/forum/showthread.php?92465-where-we-are-with-vertex3-agility3-solid3-drives

4. Mr_Kzimir

Mr_Kzimir User

ssd makes the game run faster cause it take less time to access to the data and load it into your cpu when needed.

but if ssd increase you load performances it not the only component of your computer beeing involved into displaying image to you.
    in short ssd allow you to have a constant fps rate , but does not increase your total fps

the two fact that you need to understand are :

- mechanical drive will slow down your performance , cause they have a slow i/o access time
    - ssd are less secure then hdd to store data due to how ram works

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2012
  5. telez

telez User

dude, i won't even give myself the work of looking for other brands problems but the fact is, ocz (for example) is one of the top brands on ssd's. they are even cheaper!

also, the fact that a product isnt stated as "having problems" (as all produtcs have) simply proves that people basicly don't use them. look at that samsung for example, 0 reviews stated on website wile ocz disks (again, ocz as an example) even with all those problems u mention (lol..) are the award winners for most of the test teams throughout the world. prove me wrong, ********.
    and btw, i have an agility 3 and i have 0 issues, again proving you wrong, and alot other people could back me up for sure. they simply had a problem on their first firmwares, thats all.

6. darky

darky User

so because you have a ocz disk that dont have problem mean that everyone else that have is liers..

this thread wins so much

go buy ssd profit

7. Fenris

Fenris User

ok i will begin from end of ur statement - sata ii max speed is 375mb/s so it willl lower speed of ur ssd if u have ssd with 400+mb/s speed - but in new pc/laptops there is sata iii so np for using better ssd. sata iii was aviable in stores from few years so i think most of players got that kind of sata.
    jeezz so u got sata ii and u got ssd which is 2 times faster than ur hdd ( or even 3times) and where u see problem or where i spread bulls1t ? i just told that moe speed is better. next time read more carefuly.

i will give u a quote from darky - u got no problems so all stuff is good ? nice awesome thinking

beside find me a thread on samsung or other official producer forum where ppl complain about their product - find me - pls do it and prove me i am wrong - ocz is 1 of top sellers --- not top quality.
    jezz i gave that site because it was first random where i could find specification of that product - i can give u many polish sites where this ssd drive was revieved 100+ times - and ur statement about intel advertises and stuff ... seriously ocz isnt advertisning at all ye shure - go write some s-f books or fairy tales.

1 more time - i am not saying ocz is bad but ppl got some problems with it( today i read about that they wana take out from stores some of their product because of some mailfunction but it is in polish)
    if u will find ocz in real good price comparing to what other companies offer - go buy it and i wish u best! but i prefer pay a bit more and get a stuff that i can rely on for long long time.
    so stop trolling me and arguing with me( i dont know why u are so pissed on me - propably i killed u to many times) just check out facts.

8. FizzyBubbelle

FizzyBubbelle User

i prefer outside ssd ( does it work for my laptop? i dont have any sata ports ) if not i guess i have to go with inside! maximum is 150 € and around 60gb-120gb!

9. FizzyBubbelle

FizzyBubbelle User

btw, is it recommended buying an outside ssd drive + a usb sata converter?!

here is a pic of that thingy

[​IMG]

does it deacrese my performance?

10. telez

telez User

1-ocz was an example and i specified that in my posts. as i said few posts before, sandforce powered ssd's are the best as for now. by best i mean performance/price wise.
    2- i have an ocz, yes. i made my homework before buying it and aparently you are ranting out outdated info. you just simply dont judge a brand because a group on disks with a bad firmware gave users problems. thats happens with all the hardware out there.

3-speeds:
    mind that people with laptops with sata2 controlers here is this thread are asking for advice, and you tell them they need a 400mb/s disk. these controllers have a theorethical maximum of 300mb/s, not 375 -.-. again as an example, my agility 3 doesn't go over 260mb/s on a sata 2 controller, and it's not the disk limiting that speed, it's the controller.

4- basicly, stop spreading propaganda about disks that only 1% of the ssd comunity (lets call it like that) own, saying they are better. they are not. it's not by luck that brands like ocz get all the reviews and recommendations from the best shops/reviewers etc. also, it's easier to find glitches and problems on disks that everyone uses, lol.

so yea, make people buy samsungs that top 400mb/s on a sata 3 controller, for 200$+ when they can buy ocz/corsair/etc etc etc for cheaper prices, better speeds and no problems (nowadays)

11. Fenris

Fenris User

u can buy ssd drive which will be outside and will be connected in ur laptop by usb

12. darky

darky User

we all know that review for hardware parts are worthless they get paid just to tell sh1ts about each other
    second try guru 3d seems legit
    thrid yes im trollin you because you killed me many times(who the **** are you anyway lol)
    fourth buying ssd now only for l2 or to host os its like buying a ferrari knowing that the new model will come out in one month (nand memory isnt getting cheaper any moment soon coz only 3 companies produce them lulz)

13. Mr_Kzimir

Mr_Kzimir User

outside ssd is a bad idea usb3 interface is slow

14. telez

telez User

definilty not worthed to buy a ssd to use it on usb

15. Fenris

Fenris User

agree with it

darky it was not to u but to telez :d

16. telez

telez User

http://www.guru3d.com/news/samsung-830series-ssd-firmware-update-could-brick-ssd/

just dropped by to show you this. i hope you shut up now

17. Fenris

Fenris User

so much hatered ... u are this kind of agressive only when u got ur keyboard and screen - internet wont hit u ...
    ehh kids those days act aggressive :)

18. telez

telez User

just because i wanna prove you wrong doesn't mean i'm being agressive, lol. but, playing along with your logic, u can act psychologist just by reading some posts, over the internet?

19. Fenris

Fenris User

i kinda find expresion " shut up" insulting so... sometimestelezfapfapunderthedesk u aggressive kid

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2012
  20. Sayha

Sayha User

nice logic there ******

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.