1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

SSD performance on Lineage. is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Archive 2.0' started by Mrnoobkilled, Dec 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Umbarabumba

Umbarabumba User

thats the point but only in cases there are tons of new textures/animations to load at a time (when loggin in and after teleports) in other cases that wont rly help bcuz most of things r already loaded and there are not so many things to load hdd couldnt handle

during sieges ssd wont help much, its all about good cpu and with addition of poor game code really expensive cpu is needed

2. Gilby

Gilby User

******** very expensive cpu won't save u from lags because old engine can use only 10% of cpu real power.

3. Umbarabumba

Umbarabumba User

depends what we consider as expensive cpu
    i didnt test on mine pc yet but my friend has 4x 3.5ghz, during mass events his cpu usage increases to ~25% and wont pass more, why?
    answer is pretty simple, l2 uses only 1 (out of 4) core and thats why cpu usage for it wont pass 25%
    test urself and then talk more son

if in ur opinion its different, please explain why ppl with 5ghz+ core can play the game smoother than ppl with 3.5ghz+ even if the rest of hardware is better?
    random engine performance for random ppl right?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2012
  4. Delios

Delios User

my cpu uses 80-90% of my 2 cores.
    i think i will buy water cooling for my cpu and will try to overclock it like admiral's

here are tests, old but still valid.
    http://www.l2guru.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115055

maybe we shall post our pc settings and do some benchmarks to test out best setup.
    i will post more tommorow,
    now,,, back to sleep

5. ADMIRAL

ADMIRAL User

well i ordered another 16 gb of ram so i can make them like a disk space and put the l2 into so i can check the improvement.

later on i will post results.

@ little update - since i've been readin all over the internet about ramdisc and stuff i decided not to use it anyway. the performance increase will be less then expected and almost impossible to notice. so i decided to stick with my beloved ssd and moreover another 16 gb of ram is just a waste of money cuz with 32 gb i didn't notice any improvement as with 16 gb.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2012
  6. Etherial

Etherial User

we'd like to inform you that this topic is being closed, since it is inactive, and will be archived at the 1st of the month, as planned.

kind regards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.