1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

Kookaburra exp broken, or is it meant this way?

Discussion in 'Archive 2.0' started by lytche, Dec 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lytche

lytche User

hi. i created a kookaburra on my 24 lvl de mage, and i'm now 45 lvl ps, my kookaburra is lvl 25 and 36 %. . .
    i know it didn't get any lvls before i hit 40, because i was questing all that time. but for 4 lvls i am more or less exping and it seems as if she is exping really slowly. any particular reason behind it ( i mean is it meant this way) or is kookaburra exp simply bugged?
    cheers

2. MaoMao

MaoMao User

it is normal.
    pets need same amount of fixed exp every level while chars need more each level that passes. i dont think the amount for a level in pets has been changed for once, while the exp needed for chars has been reduced.
    as such, you will exp faster than kooka at least at lower levels of your char. as you will need more and more exp and kooka will take similar % of your exp (it isnt same, but lets asume it is for simplification), it will level faster and faster compared with you till level 55. then it also needs more exp every level to pass to next level.
    m
    p.s. btw, someone knows where are patch noted about pets ? last version ?

3. Waldorf

Waldorf User

i got my bird at level 24. i'm now level 49, the bird is level 25.....................
    ok he died a few times but still, this is stupid. i think when they sped up the leveling for toons, they forgot to do the same for pets.
    silly koreans.

4. Etherial

Etherial User

i am sure maomao is right, i will have to do some search though

5. lytche

lytche User

thanks for the quick replies everyone!
    anyway, yeah, as they are now they aren't really that much useful anymore. i don't mind much since i am ps, but now i feel sorry for the mages. more duo'ing for them, then.

6. Waldorf

Waldorf User

i nerd raged and killed my bird for good. as always some stupid mob spawned right on top of me and one shot him before i could do anything. screw this, have fun in the trash can you useless pile of feathers!

7. Draki

Draki User

i got the same problem with the wolf, tried hunting mobs instead off questing and i got 4 or 5 levels before my wolf got 1 :(

anyway innova could add a 400% exp increase for pets in ingame shop only for lvl 1 to 84 im sure its fixed after 85 since their added new levels to all pets

8. dragunia

dragunia User

im lvl 63 and my koka its lvl 32 53% xddd

9. Rochand

Rochand User

the exp requirements for the pets from level 20 to 55 is for some reason reversed (been like that for over a year now at ncwest).
    blessed resurrection scroll on the pet at lvl 26 returned more exp than at lvl 53, also if the level gap between you and the pet is too high (25 vs 40) then the pet gets an exp penalty so it will level slower than normal.
    that being said, it has always been a pain to level a pet to 55. normally i needed to level 2-3 chars to level 40 to drag the pet to 45.

btw this is how it was pre-god on ncwest, i haven't tested after god or at the innova server.

10. lytche

lytche User

so the logical conclusion is why bother right?

11. Pitro

Pitro User

i have created new character to level up kookabura faster. 24 koka on 26 char received about 0.2% per mob. my main character (46 at the time) gave koka about 0.13% per mob.

i loved how during first day everybody was like ""let's get kookaburas, think about our future " and now, 2 days later all those kookaburas are idle in warehouse.

this system is another example of flawed god design where they change 1 thing ( character experience tables ) and forget about related pets exp tables completely.

12. lytche

lytche User

maybe they've decided that in an overall picture pets are useless, which is a shame. to level up a pet so it is actually helpful you need few characters to do so, which is both impractical, and still not really a solution in the first place, unless you're planning on leveling all those characters equally and systematically.

13. Etherial

Etherial User

moving topic to general discussion.

14. 1tm

1tm User

well it make sence if your kooka is way lower than you are, as far as i know only you get quests reward, not a pets. because your level diffrence becomes quite big by doing quests, automatically your pet gets exp penality too. solution would be, to not do any quests just farm from level 15 upto insane. :)

15. Draki

Draki User

no that dosent work i tried making a nuker when my wolf was lvl 20 and my nuker was lvl 20, i got 4 lvls and my pet got 1 :(

16. dimvision

dimvision User

i gave up on leveling my kooka. 55 seems increadibly hard, not to mention i won't get recharge from it since i will be too high level for it to recharge me.

17. MiuMiu

MiuMiu User

we'd like to inform you that this topic is being closed, since it is inactive, and will be archived at the 1st of the month, as planned.

regards .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.