1. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

Critical Errors

Discussion in 'Technical Issues (Archive)' started by DreamSoul, Dec 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DreamSoul

DreamSoul User

hi,
    i keep getting this critical error:

2011.12.10 13:26:47
    cpu : genuineintel intel(r) core(tm)2 duo cpu e7300 @ 2.66ghz @ 2656 mhz 2047mb ram
    video : nvidia geforce 9400 gt (8562)
    poscode : ls9(415) 16339:143820:-2907 2/1 [517]

umesh::getmeshinstance <- umeshcomponent::getmeshinstance <- umeshcomponent::renderpreprocess <- umeshcontainer::render <- fdynamicactor::render <- renderactor <- actor <- translucentrendering <- renderlevel <- flevelscenenode::render <- fplayerscenenode::render <- scenenoderender <- draw <- ugameengine::draw <- grendev = 7d5f0000 <- uwindowsviewport::repaint <- uwindowsclient::tick <- clienttick <- ugameengine::tick <- updateworld <- mainloop

exception:
    code [exception_access_violation]
    address [0x204a87bb]
    offset from base [0x004a87bb]

----------------

it doesnt matter if i m on lower details, or change the resolution or affect the graphics any way i could think of, it does not happen on a particular place, i got them all around l2 map so.... any ideas?

2. Eska

Eska User

hello dreamsoul,

are you using windows 7 32 bits or 64 ?

it seems this is problem with your graphic card, but as far as i know, 9400 gts supports pixel shader 4.0.
    did you try to repair the game ?
    try to edit [video] sector in your option.ini to look like this:

Code:
    [video]
    gameplayviewportx=800
    gameplayviewporty=600
    startupfullscreen=false
    rendercharactercount=10000
    usetrilinear=true
    texturedetail=0
    modeldetail=0
    skipanim=0
    pawnclippingrange=4
    terrainclippingrange=4
    gamma=0.800000
    postproc=0
    renderdeco=false
    pawnshadow=false
    renderactorlimitopt=7
    antialiasing=0
    weathereffect=0
    gpuanimation=false
    iskeepminframerate=true
    l2shader=false
    s30dofbox=false
    s30watereffectbox=false
    s30shadowbox=false
    usecolorcursor=true
    effectdetail=0
    screenshotquality=1
    colorbits=32
    refreshrate=60

3. DreamSoul

DreamSoul User

its x32 os, repairing was the first thing i tried and the options you give me look a lot like lower detail on 800x600. trying them atm though in case i m wrong..

4. DreamSoul

DreamSoul User

nop.. didnt help

5. MaoMao

MaoMao User

it is happening at all resolutions because it is about rendering the "skeleton" of everything which has to be done regardless of the settings. some calculations dont add up and it may be anything from hardware problem to overheating, passing through damaged drivers and all.
    i would try first making sure it doesnt get too hot, then try some tool such as burnintest or a specific tool from nvidia that will stress the chips and if that doesnt give any error try a different one or onboard gpu. of course, upgrading (or downgrading if are the latest), for the drivers doesnt have to be mentioned, it is implied you did that already.
    m

6. DreamSoul

DreamSoul User

heat is within normal range, drivers are on latest edition so downgrade was the only option which was ofc tested (i m on latest version again now) and there isnt a second gpu available atm to test. although as i said it doesnt happen on regular basis and not always on the same condition. it may happen when i m alone walking on some path, or when i m in a town with 400 others. not a regular recuring time, it has happened 3 times in 10 mins and also it has not happened for 1 day, or happened once etc... not getting same error on another pc with the same l2 folders (network sharing)

7. Eska

Eska User

hello,

this error might be caused of damaged game files or it can be problem with your graphic card.

#upd:
    i did consult with dev team about your error. your graphic card wont be able to handle lineage 2 god since new graphic feature were added. i'm sorry.

best regards,

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2011
  8. Eska

Eska User

good day,

you can see actual solutions and issues' statuses here.
    additional instructions could be found here.
    if you can't find a solution for your issue you always can ask for moving the thread back into the main branch.

best regards,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.