1. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

Now what' s this? Can somebody confirm it??...

Discussion in 'Archive 2.0' started by panodous, Dec 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. panodous

panodous User

this is a post made in an mmorpg forum about the difference between the innova and the ncwest servers. i was very surprised to read that the anti-hack program innova uses might spy on us...

"okay, i thought it was a one-time thing yesterday when most on my system froze when i played on the innova lineage ii servers. but it was not. today the same thing happened all over again, freezing all the programs i run on my system (including the opera browser), while i was playing on the obt of the innova servers. and i'm sure this is not a coincidence! i even dare to bet that the innova anti-cheat tool (frost) is the cause of it, but of course, i can't prove this.

when i compare the innova lineage ii experience with that of ncwest, when i mainly look at system stability, then ncwest is way ahead of innova. then the thing of starting fully anew comes around the corner as well as the multi-boxing.

like i've said in the past, i was in doubt if i wanted to start anew with lineage ii. i mean, i've worked very hard to get where i am right now, and starting on a fresh server might sound tempting, but to go through the whole 'grind' again with a new character was my doubt. now with naia becoming more active than i ever could have imagined (the server is always on heavy load these days), staying with ncwest is not such a bad option

the other problem is multi-boxing. ncwest allows it to the fullest, where innova only allows one extra box open when you have a premium (subscription) account.

last but not least, removing the innova lineage ii client is kinda impossible at the moment. somehow the anti-cheat tool (frost) is still used and won't allow me to kill it at all. since it's now clear that frost spies on me, innova is a no-go for sure..."

2. Apophis

Apophis User

confirm what ?

3. Krontas

Krontas User

then dont play on innova and join bot ncwestserver. hf and gl

4. hells

hells User

if you are so afraid its because they could see something "less legal" in you pc ??

bot bot bot

5. Crush

Crush User

well if they ban u for only having cheat programs in your pc that means they spy on u right?...or lf explanation about how they know what programs i have on pc

ps:some friend got banned after 2 days only bcuz he had ranger on pc

6. panodous

panodous User

well, although i haven' t yet logged in and just read other people' s critics of innova and ncwest, i haven' t yet come to a final decision. you are very right about the bot thing. it is indeed very annoying. moreover, i find very positive the fact that innova does not allow dual boxing, however, there are some negative aspects as well. this premium account thing... people who spend money to get a prem acc get a big helping boost, whereas others don' t. last but not least, i find very negative the fact that "frost" might spy on us, however this has yet to be confirmed...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2011
  7. panodous

panodous User

i' ve got to tell you that i hate bots. i just don' t like the whole idea of being spied (is this really the correct form of this verb?) at, that' s all...

8. Arcain

Arcain User

what your talking about is frost and even tho it's a bit more aggressive than gameguard, both tools are doing the same stuff. gameguard used on ncwest server also can scan your pc for potential cheat software and close it. if that's what you call spying they i guess you should think about playing some single-player player, cracked (stripped from drm) games only. current world is cruel.

please, check what the latest ea software (origin) is doing, you'll be even more scared.

9. Koren

Koren User

and take care with cracks, some are spying you.
    btw, microsoft is spying you.
    google spy you when you use his engine.
    you have an iphone, android, w7 mobile ? welcome to spy world. they spy you even when not on your computer.

yes frost scan your pc and look at cheat tools... not a big deal imo xd

10. panodous

panodous User

if they do the exact same thing, why did the other guy above call the ncwest servers bot servers??...

11. panodous

panodous User

if this is the only thing that is does, then i guess it is not a big deal... anyway, thanks again!!

12. Arcain

Arcain User

because gameguard isn't that agressive, detects less software and you can even play on ncwest servers without gg (that's easy to do), which is often used to run some bots. you can't play on eu without frost.

13. Apophis

Apophis User

@panadous gameguard is easy to skip and never did a good job, on the other way frost is going better till now.

14. 1tm

1tm User

simple, because gameguard is easily bypassed, in all these years things happen. both protections does same thing, just frost is good, and gg... you know... if you played in ncwest.

how do you can think that if they does same thing, they are same good?

15. hachre

hachre User

don't believe what random people write in their blogs.

16. Crush

Crush User

u cannot play w/o gg from long time...they will just send u few mails telling u that u are logged w/o gg...if u dont fix it u will get banned.....

17. 2Good

2Good User

conspiracy theories, lol'd,
    indeed better playing on ncwest where even my outdated-as-**** version of l2net / l2tower works, furthermore with the new pk system good luck when you meet a bot party, they won't get banned and won't even get pk'd

say thx we play on a botless server.

18. Apophis

Apophis User

couldn't stop myself to troll a little in here :

from 0:58 till 1:04 you can see frost program in action :)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2015
  19. Crush

Crush User

about pk yes,about getting banned u wrong...they mad ban after they made l2 f2p....no reason for them to let ppl bot like before

20. 1tm

1tm User

if you think 3 bots ban per day is mad, then you should think in this way, they still need to ban the rest of server, 4k bots..... oh i ment "players".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.