1. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

Rant and problems with this...

Discussion in 'Technical Issues (Archive)' started by LordFren, Dec 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordFren

LordFren User

dear 4game... go and shove this launching system up your ****!

i have cleaned up my schedule. i am a very busy designer with not much free time. it took me 2 weeks to plan a little game night for myself. so why not, i said lets play l2 since it became free. i downloaded the client yesterday, even got to play a bit (few hours at the most). so i was happy.

i just arrived home from busy stuff, when the website says i need to update 4game. - why not, lets do it. - so i pressed update. after a half a minute the button vanished so i didn't know what do do. i waited for 10 mins maybe just software update. nope.... nothing... so i downloaded 3game from one of the links in the forum. started it.

launch says: 4 game update will remove previous one. as with all updates i said "fine lets do it, me wanna play l2!!!" so after a half a minute it deleted my linage 2 folder. total wipe. my linage 2 folder goes back years with screenshot back to prelude all gone.

now my game night will be: waiting for this darn godforsaken game to download with the stupid client.

i have few questions:

1: who thought up the idea: "wow, lineage 2 launcher works so good! lets **** it up with web based launching!"
    2: why didn't the rest of the dev team burned the guy.
    3: why do you need browser based launching any ways?
    4: who thought its a good idea to say: "when 4game delete itself lets delete all content inside the folder... naaaaaah noone would like to organize the games like putting the 4game launcher inside the l2 folder, that is just not happening."
    5: why... why.... and fricking why would you not get the licence for the nclauncher. becouse it was convinient, easy to use, simple and elegant? why did you have to go and **** it up. why do ppl try to fix what not is broken.
    6: as a wb developer i use the latest visual studio and expression web studio. meaning my c++ redist is fully up to date. except your launcher does not recognize it says i have older version and get the latest one... my ***...
    7: i lost few years of screen shots and my gaming night wich i wanted to play lineage 2 is not going to happen. i hope you are ****ing happy because i am not.

pay for this service? not in a million years.

cheers

2. Eska

Eska User

hello lordfern,

i truly understand your irritation right now, but to be hones, i did the same today, removed my launcher, and installed a new one, and launcher didn't remove my game from hard drive. web launcher is used, because you cannot then manipulate .exe launcher when you try use any bots or other 3rd part software. this is security measurement.

3. LordFren

LordFren User

wow, a real answer, i understand this.
    its cool i know lineage was a botfest previously so this is a good measurement, because it reduced bots. i understand, but pls... can you make it safer? i lost a lot of data, i don't care for the client nor the missing time, i can do more things while i wait. i care about the screen shots. it was like 4 gigs if jpg screen shots and i lost everything... (very first screenshot was 800x600 jpg of the servers that were in the past) that folder was installed in the first month of eu linage 2 release. i have 2 accounts at naina. i payed for the game, and enjoyed now... only my memories are left now.

i will never see the **** who trained mobs in gludin... my very first full item drop. a lucky strike raid that made my avadon set. (3 items in a row within 20 mins.) the very first pvp i won. etc... all lost... i hope i wont see any bots... otherwise it does not worth it for me...

4. Radix

Radix User

lordfren, it's possible to restore your data, i think...

5. Eska

Eska User

don't think i don't mean what i'm going to say right now, but i'm really sorry for your loss. please, trust me, we are doing what we can to make everything run smooth.
    i hope this is your last issue like that with us.

6. LordFren

LordFren User

well there arent any more images to lose so it wont happen, but i really dont know if i can trust this system anymore...

7. Eska

Eska User

i hope there wont be "next time" for this issue. you can always backup your screens from time to time :)

8. TGM_darken09

TGM_darken09 User

that's pity, i think.
    well, i guess i should close this thread...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.