1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

Let's talk about account sharing

Discussion in '2011 ~ 2017' started by Pazak, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Pazak

Pazak Innova Group

Hello, fellow gamers!

War. war never changes.

Recently, we have witnessed another battle between members of several well-known clans. Unfortunately, this war broke out not in the world of Lineage II (where it belongs), but in the message box of Lineage II Support Service. The so-called "petition war" made us reconsider our approach towards the account sharing problem.

First of all, let me clear out why sharing an account with someone is a violation.

1) Providing someone with your login and password violates paragraph 4.2 of annex 1 to the User Agreement which states the following:
    "4.2. The User has a right to change his/her password. The User is to secure confidentiality of his/her password and of other necessary data and is consequently responsible for the loss and disclosure of his/her password, as well as risks (losses) related to it. Sharing of 4game accounts or the game access is strictly prohibited."

This is the main reason why you should not share.

2) By giving someone access to your account, you put your in-game valuables at risk. We had hundreds of cases when Users lost their items because they shared their personal information with people who they barely knew (or thought that knew very well).

3) It is simply unfair. The in-game character's are your alter egos! Sounds weird, yes, but it is true. If you are not there to be for your clan or CP, than why your character should?

So, what happened last week is that we realized that you, guys turned this rule into a weapon that you are using against each other. To most of the people whom I talked to via tickets, I tried to deliver a simple idea: Don't share, and even if you will get mass petitioned by your enemies, you won't get banned.

But it seems that top Clans and CP's just can't play any other way than this.

We could not let it stay this way, so we came up with a decision of how we are going to treat tickets like "this guy shares an account! he is my enemy ban him forever!".

Here it comes...

We are going to stop accepting account sharing reports, unless the reporter takes part in sharing (has or had access to account).

From now on, if you share your account, Support Service will not be able to help in case you get scammed or hacked.

If you have any suggestions, or feedback, please leave it in this thread.

And to prevent this thread from becoming a disaster, I impose martial law in here. any Users who will attempt to flame or troll, will be shot on sight.

Regards,
    Pazak

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2014
  2. Pr0t0n

Pr0t0n User

well i would have gone with the second solution, ban hax from oly since these wars always start cause of him.

anyway i'm fine with this.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2014
  3. mitsubishi

mitsubishi User

just stop ban for acc sharing. what if i have iss enchanter and i wish to borrow it to my friend? its only my decision what i gonna do with my accounts...

Vygag and cpwixqxhul like this.
  4. Amethyst

Amethyst User

it was becoming ridicously already... nice to have some solution for it.

johnfistikis and flaming_sock like this.
  5. Rudolf

Rudolf User

since some ppl get banned and some not its epic. thats all.

Reckless and ERiPwn like this.
  6. ERiPwn

ERiPwn User

whats ridiculous? that actually the other side that joined later and was sharing it much more after u got banned , and u with ur cp didnt ? yeah mate , thats ridiculous ! its called being one sided , and as im informed gm's should be neutral and not take sides . but finally they give the final decision wich sounds legit

7. Alarion

Alarion User

i couldnt care less unless some petition war is going between members to get advantage

me too. thanks for very logic decision and now u will save a lot of times and troubles. profit? more time for serious things to take care on server.

gratz inova i am happy it was worth to believe in you : )

8. Pr0t0n

Pr0t0n User

[​IMG]

cpwixqxhul likes this.
  9. Pazak

Pazak Innova Group

Have you read the post?

10. Hax

Hax User

said the guy who perma shares account and never got banned for it :d

anyways, i dont udnerstand the part of "unless the reporter takes part in the sharing himself".

11. mitsubishi

mitsubishi User

ah miss understood, my apologise...

12. Ronove

Ronove User

pick some rule that you can actually apply, account sharing was always part of l2 in some way... pa is already a good way to limit boxing...

what are the actual intentions of the rule? there should be some better way to enforce it.

13. Troy

Troy User

rule was made to prevent people from sharing accounts and getting scammed, as we all know you cannot trust many people in this game. this was made for gms to have less work to do (nothing bad to be honest), as someone who has been scammed for sharing his account should be under his own responsability, and gms got nothing to do with it.

i agree with this announcement, if someone gets scammed because of lending his own account himself (getting hacked is ofc different) should be his responsability and not gms', and as we all know sharing account is something lot of people do in this game.

14. Jarno

Jarno User

so that means i can't share my account with my wife and my wife with me? oo :p

we are playing from the same home/ips xd

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2014
  15. ginaki7

ginaki7 User

so (because i got confused!) supposing that my account , which i share it with my 5 years now fiance with whom we play together and only both of us know our accounts , gets hacked your support service wont help me cause only me and he knows the account info and not only me?

johnfistikis likes this.
  16. Razzly

Razzly Banned

it's clearly stated that account belong only to one person and there is no exception.

it's mainly pointed to people who give authorisation to people they know only via game. some people might become totall different when they get your account info and you risk loose your items.

if your account would be actually hacked you will get a help from gm team,

regards

17. Skepta

Skepta User

so your not stopping account sharing, just not dealing with the scams/hacks that comes with it, got you!

Rodimus likes this.
  18. SentencedToBlues

SentencedToBlues User

i never seen someone else on alarion, i speak with him everyday :/

19. yLogy

yLogy User

so account sharing is still forbidden, but u will accept reports only from

1. owner of account
    2. person, which logged into the shared account

correct?

20. KSERW

KSERW User

yes. plz give me your account so i report your account to take ban!

really now , the point is what you told.