1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

Let's talk about account sharing

Discussion in '2011 ~ 2017' started by Pazak, Jan 17, 2014.

1. SnoWyz

SnoWyz User

how we prove it? cuz any1 could say "i was hacked", when he trusted some1 with the acc info...
    just by saying "i was hacked" it's enough?

2. Alarion

Alarion User

it is kinda simply. if someoen was logging your char quite regualry few / several or more times per week and after few weeks / months u say u got hacked and they see it was same person who was loging you before regulary they gonna know the truth. much more simply than u think.

well finaly petition war from desperated rg and ba (mostly ba) memebers finished. i strongly believe you will find better way to fight us than something like this.

MNQS89 and cpwixqxhul like this.
  3. Rangur

Rangur User

too bad the cheating (yes, breaking the rules to gain an ingame advantage is cheating and nothing less) seems to be so widespread that banning everyone doing it was impractical due to business reasons.

however, to those who will still continue doing it: keep in mind that from now on everyone you share your account with can take your stuff and innova will not do anything about it / reimburse you. it seems like it will be treated as if you had given your stuff away willingly, which means the thief also will not be punished. this probably will lower the inhibition to steal gear considerably. you have been warned. future posts from players with "suddenly missing gear" should be answered with a link to this thread.

yLogy likes this.
  4. Patri

Patri User

so sad, now if someone hacks me or scam i wont get my items back, thanks hax, alarion, m2s , pr0t0n, etc. etc. and thanks obama :(

5. SnoWyz

SnoWyz User

strange, some ba/rg members got blocked. seems its not just ba and rg attacking.

fgovmgdr91 likes this.
  6. SnoWyz

SnoWyz User

if hacked yes, if share, not.

7. FiEndins

FiEndins User

just obviously don't keep any valuable items on the account you would share! the person who has this pw can and most likely will look at what you got going on on your other toons... so.. cmon, common sense, people. if you share your account be ready for items to go up missing, thats all. don't whine to the gms cuz you're a *******.

8. qre8ive

qre8ive User

if only people had more common sense :d. unfortunately many people these days don't have this anymore

9. Hax

Hax User

dood the amount of times i get reported by your lol clan is above reason, dont even start that trash to only accuse your enemys.

10. Alarion

Alarion User

i never reported anyone except our xxxx russian party in past for their pvp programs and bots. i dont like this way of getting advantage unless someone is rly cheating. and u know very well ppl from your party were not only reported by our members but also / mostly by ppl from ba. it is most typicial for them when they lose hard and cant get things in normal way. seems still kinda a lot of mentality from our kardi cp "friends" : )

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2014
  11. hachre

hachre User

@pazak: can you explain why it is prohibited to share your account through the eula in the first place? maybe we could give better feedback if we actually understood the problem you're trying to solve by putting that into the eula...

12. Razzly

Razzly Banned

read clearly. people started to send tickets (aka report) that certain person is actually sharing an account to block his account (attemt to payback the guy who they doesnt like) because they know the penalty system.

now this rule has been changed so if you actually share account and loose something you can have no help via helpdesk

13. blogiete

blogiete User

and what about acc sharing for "wtb pa" ))

14. Razzly

Razzly Banned

it goes for the same rule. you have to share account to do this so you get answer in first post.

15. SentencedToBlues

SentencedToBlues User

this is a joke, i am playing with my mate since 7 years and we trust eachother enough to share accs, i dont see any problem here, petition war? give me a break from naia plz

16. hachre

hachre User

i think it's a good change!

17. SaMaNoSuKe

SaMaNoSuKe User

i like this announcement. share it at your own risk. if you do and get scammed, it's your fault. imo it's how it should've been since the beginning.

18. Pazak

Pazak Innova Group

Dear User,

It is in EULA for security reasons.

Characters have certain value and can be stolen. Mostly, it happens when people share their account information.
    That is why this rule is in EULA.

Regards,
    Pazak

19. Delryn

Delryn User

hello all,

i'd like to thank you guys and gals for having in mind this way of preventing the abuse of the regulations!
    i'd also like to address a question (that has been stated before) but the answer was not clear enough (at least not for me, sometimes i'm a little slow):
    i play with my gf from the same location/ip. we dont share accounts with other people, but if one of us will get hacked (keylogger or any other method available) will you (gms) be willing to help retrieve the stolen goods?

a simple yes or no will suffice :)

thanks in advance,
    delryn

20. Pazak

Pazak Innova Group

Dear User,

Such cases are always carefully investigated, but if you shared an account, you won't get the items back.

Regards,
    Pazak

Delryn likes this.