1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

Let's talk about account sharing

Discussion in '2011 ~ 2017' started by Pazak, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Delryn

Delryn User

hello,

that's clear enough now :)
    thanks for your response.

have a great day!
    delryn

2. ginaki7

ginaki7 User

so you say that 2 ppl who live in the same house and are into a relationship for years like married ppl and play together and dont give to other ppl their accounts if they get hacked you wont support them or restore their items and try find who did it?are you serious???we dont talk for 2 school friends or mates from previous servers!we talk about many-years couple living under the same roof!jesus!

3. Delryn

Delryn User

hello,

from my understanding, this:
    means that they will look into the problem if you did not shared the account with somebody else.

edit: example:
    1. you and your wife/husband play from the same ip and the same 2 pcs, but you shared the account with one of your work mates. in this case you will not get helped.

2. you and your wife/husband play from the same ip and the same 2 pcs. the staff will try to help.

a gm please correct me if i'm wrong.

cheers,
    delryn

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2014
  4. Rangur

Rangur User

why do you people insist to theorycraft such cases into the smallest detail and try to bend the rules? account sharing is against the rules. period. the rules don't say it is forbidden to share with your best buddy that you know for 10 years and would trust with your house keys but ok to share with your wife. who cares where anyone lives, you both play the game, you both have your own account, play your own account.

what if the next person comes and says he shares his account with his best friend and they live together in an apartment? would you just assume that there should be less trust between them, just because they are not married? and then another person comes and complains because he wants to share his account with someone he would trust with his life but does not live together with, and how unfair it is that people living together may account share and others may not.

i would be very surprised if you will be told you may share your account just because you live in the same apartment and happen to be married. and by the way, some of the worst things can happen when couples break up. you wouldn't be the first players on earth to experience a very ugly surprise concerning your characters due to an angry ex and marriage is not an insurance against it.

just a fitting link :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2014
  5. ginaki7

ginaki7 User

rangur jesus christ if i divorce with darma the game is the last thing in the earth i will concider!cause there are more important things!but since we live in same house and we have2 pc passwords are saved and we enter from both pc!is it so weird?but in case we log from an internet cafe and they got key logger or something then account sharing between a married couple wouldn't be the problem!ofc gms can always check what has truly happened...

6. Delryn

Delryn User

hello,

ginaki7 highlighted exactly what i wanted to point out: two people, 2 pcs, those two people change pcs every now and then. sometimes dualbox.

kind regards,
    delryn

7. qre8ive

qre8ive User

it just comes down to being careful with your login :). most cases of "hacking" is just the users not being careful where they use their passwords.

anyways as someone said before, if they check your logs they can usually figure out what happened. if 2 hwid / ip pop up a lot, but a third hwid/ip just logged it once and stole all the items it is quite clear what happened. if only 2 hwid/ip logged regularly and your items are gone, then it's your own fault.

8. ginaki7

ginaki7 User

this! thats what i am talking about! i believe it would be fair like this...cause the thief will log only once and the difference will be showned up.(and i am not taking about sharing between pixel friends cause you cant trust them!just ot make it clear again)

9. Rangur

Rangur User

this is not relevant. my post takes a devil's advocate stance and does not only target your personal case. it should be viewed as generalized reflections concerning the official game rules. innova will not care about what you have on your mind when breaking up, and you are likely not the only couple in innova's customer base.

you don't really expect them to offer you a personal exception to their written rule, which will inevitably cause tickets like "but you told cherouvim is was ok to account share for couples" when something happens to them? don't just look at yourself, think about what it means for a company to tell one customer that it is ok for him to do what the rules don't allow.

---------
    long ps:
    ---------
    some time ago l2 introduced a login screen that would prevent players with certain old graphics chipsets (mostly used in cheaper notebooks) to start the game because their computers would only show a black screen. someone found out that it was still possible to start the game by changing some game files so that the start screen would not show up (i think it was as simple as deleting one or several files).

people then started asking if it was ok to do so. did they get official permission? of course not. changing the game files includes deleting some of them, and although it was a perfectly harmless thing to do, ncsoft could not just go and allow people to do it, for the simple reason that it opens a breach for arguments. other players would have followed up by saying "but hey, why can they change the client to run it on their old notebook but i cant change it to do [insert another more or less harmless modification here]". the best answer they got was that ncsoft would not go and actively look for people doing it.

i think the answer given here in this thread about carefully examining each situation is as good as that, and the best any player can expect.

10. ginaki7

ginaki7 User

ok rangur fine but in my house i got 1 pc and 1 laptop and i play from both....will innova tell its account share? -.- cause in reality i do use both depending the circumstances either i wanna play in bed or at my desk.will the logs from my 2 machines count as share account or w/e?the thing is we took it too far!if i share account with a pixel friend or w/e i wont ask for refund cause he scemmed me it was my mistake.even if an old bf as you say it scamm me again i cant do anything.but in case i log from internet cafe which i do occasionally(happened to log 3-4 times while i was on vacation from a net cafe) and they have key logger (1 in a million cause most pc reset after re boot) then i will ask for research and support and i wont accept the excuse ''you logged from pc and laptop in your house and this is account sharing''!both machines are in my house my acount is full protected so only way to scam me is outside and to this case i only need support!end of discussion by me cause we took it too far and pazak will have a headache :d

11. Rangur

Rangur User

i am not sure if i understand you and if all of this was not one big misunderstanding. playing your account from different pcs is not account sharing (it is more like... "pc sharing"). you may play your account from whatever pc you want, be it an internet cafe, or any of x pcs in your home, no matter who else uses that pc. if i choose to log in to my account from my brother's house, i did not share my account with him, he shared his pc with me.

the whole point is that you have to play your account and the other person has to play his account on whatever pc each chooses to use.

on the other hand, if you would both know each others password and play characters belonging to the other person, that is account sharing, no matter what pc is being used. of course innova will not know what person logged a character in, but that often becomes obvious via ingame chat. examples: when friends pm someone and he responds something like "hi, this is [player a] playing, [player b] is still at work". or if someone plays a character on his own account and the party needs a healer and cannot find any, and that someone says "i will log my brother's/sister's/husband's/wife's healer for us, brb". you get the idea....