1. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

Disconnects and their most popular reasons

Discussion in 'Instructions Archive' started by TGM_darken09, Dec 17, 2011.

1. TGM_darken09

TGM_darken09 User

many of you have disconnects in some little time after entering the game. so firstly please don't panic. let's concentrate on solving of this issue
    there are many of reasons why you could be disconnected. we are ready to investigate each issue. all you need is to write to our support, tell them about your issue in details and give them information they need. no private details, no passwords and etc. just information about your pc, installed antivirus and firewall, a type of your internet connection, using devices (routers, modems)... the sooner we will have information about the most popular issues the faster we will be able to help everyone quickly and effectively.

so here are the most popular reasons for dcs:

1. antiviruses and firewalls. we hardly try to made our software compatible with all the avs but they update constantly and sometimes compatibility problems appear.
    the solution: you can determine the reason of an issue by temporal deleting an av, cleaning up a registry and rebooting pc. if after that the problem is gone, you can be sure that the issue is related with your av. so far the best way to play stable is to tweak the av - to include 4game folder and lineage 2 folder into the exceptions, to switch off web-shield and traffic filter. it doesn't give you 100% guarantee but we are ready to investigate each issue in private.

2. viruses. even if you have a good updating av sometimes there is a chance that you have some viruses on your pc. check the system periodically. the thing is that frost see viruses as cheats injecting game process. there will be dcs and problems with launching the game.
    the solution: check for viruses, using a deep check. we hardly recommend to use, for example, the free utility anti-malware .

3. outdated hardware. there is no secret that mmos and l2 especially hardly loading the cpu. that's why you should have a rather fast processor to play comfortably. dcs happen when cpu can't process the frost and game packets in time and the server thinks that protection system is off --> disconnect you as a cheater.
    the solution: update all drivers. if it isn't help, update your hardware.

4. bad "windows". pirate versions, repacks, custom installations can have handmade modules and modifications which doesn't allow the client and frost to work correctly. also sometimes os can be full of trash and be damaged which cause many problems including dcs.
    the solution: the easiest way is to install clear original windows. but firstly it's better try to clean up the registry (e.g. using ccleaner), clean up startup menu and install all the updates.

5. router. some devices can have internal firewalls and web-shields, and also traffic filters. so the problem is the same as with avs is. also there is some other features and options in different routers.
    the solution: the best way to determine a reason of dc is to try to connect your pc to the net without router. if dcs are gone, the problem is in a router. so far you should check its parameters. switch off firewalls and web-shields, and also traffic filters. update its firmware. if it doesn't help please contact router's manufacturer. we will pick up information about problematic routers and ways of its tweaking.

6. bad hardware drivers. when some drivers have no digital signature they can conflict with frost. but all official drivers have it. so you should just to update them.
    the solution: you can see if drivers have such a signature in directx information window (windows+r --> type dxdiag). so if some of them doesn't have a digital signature, update them.

7. cheats and hacks. no comments. and no solution except deleting it.

8. problems with updating frost. this issue happens when the client is updating incorrectly. you can enter the game but there will be dc because of wrong frost version.
    the solution: delete system folder, delete frost folder, delete all files from a root directory and made a fullcheck.

9. 3g/4g modems. there is no guarantee of stable connection using 3g/4g. even a provider never guarantees it. so even if the very connection doesn't break packets may be lost and you will have dc.
    the solution: use more stable internet connection. or play and pray.

10. bad internet connection. not so often but you can have dc because of your internet connection. if a ping is very high or so much packets are losing there will be a dc.
    the solution: usually a tracert can show it. if it is, call up your provider and ask for the support. we hardly can do something in such situation.

11. some private rare issues which should be investigated separatedly.
    the solution: write to our support.

2. EndeverafteR

EndeverafteR User

isn't it weird that i have lag only at your server and your site/forum ? i didn't have any problem since yesterday.when you applied new patch everything is fked up and i can't play with so much lag and disconnects.maybe you should investigate it further cause a lot of people have the same problem.

3. TGM_darken09

TGM_darken09 User

please try this.

4. Gekido

Gekido User

i'm getting dc'ed every 10-15min, and i know it's not my isp or my machine, because i'm dual boxing and only one of my characters gets dc'ed, as if he gets kicked, no freeze just like before "time out" disconnect, just *bam* and there you have it. i've disabled my firewall and antivirus, disabled all background processes that are controlled by the user, except for the ones executed by launching the game, all of my drivers are up to date and fully functional. tried playing on ncwest - left character there sitting for about 12 hours - no dc.

my best bet is that its somehow related with frost, but it's not a cpu or memory issue - that's for certain.

it's a pity really, i've tried my best to live with those disconnects, but it seems they're getting worse, yesterday i got around ~10 dc's, today i had 15 dcs in one hour.

i guess i'll move to swtor after all, i'll come back when this issue will be solved.

p.s. had no lag issues what so ever, just disconnects.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2011
  5. TGM_darken09

TGM_darken09 User

try to clean up your startup and increase the priority of the disconnecting window.

6. Gekido

Gekido User

startup cleaning won't help, since ikill all the processes manually, so it's the same thing. about the priority - i can't increase priority on the window that gets dc'ed and both "boxes" gets dc's, just not at the same time, increasing priority of both windows doesn't really make a difference.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2011
  7. TGM_darken09

TGM_darken09 User

please write to support.

8. Torched

Torched User

i have similar problem as gekido, lag and dc's (only from 18.00 to 00.00 gmt+1) and i did all that you and other ppl said in other posts (tcp checksum off, anti-malware, re-download system/frost folder, etcetc) nothing works. and i wanna write to support but, the webpage doesn't load (i tried with firefox, chrome and ie, and i did ping to webpage and all ok...), i did flushdns as you said to other user but again, it doesn't works for me.
    if i play/ping to server between those hours i can lose more than 150 packets in 2h, if i do it in other hours i can play/ping to server w/o lose any packets/lag/dc's (and as i've read, there are more ppl with same problem), so i'm a bit frustrated.

9. Myrah

Myrah User

thats not a solution... i play another games and i dont have this problem... only in lineage 2 europe
    the problem is not ours, its yours!

10. Sickve

Sickve User

ok - even on my laptop l2 is workin now. before makin all those (fix/log off/log in/ close web page etc etc) try to have some fun with ur antivirus. i completly underestimated that damn kaspersky - even adding new rules wich excludes 4game folder from bloking didn't help. so i decided to switch the kaspersky off for a one more shoot. and voila - w/o kaspersky activated i can freely log and play. so try to deactivate ur antivirus completely - then check the connection. if u can - means basically u have to change some settings in anti vir - if it doesn't work ... ;d

11. faucolt

faucolt User

there is no way to play here. waiting for fix this ********. disconnects all the time each 2-5 min after last update. before was normally. i see no reaction from innova here - **** support. maybe back later to check something changed at all.

12. faucolt

faucolt User

after more than week logged again into game to check disconnect and same after 5 min of playing. how i can play?

- internet stable 10mbit, no delays, router and modem fine.
    - fresh system windows xp x64 with fresh lineage installed and updated.
    - there no firewalls or a antivirus at all.
    - other games works fine for example league of legends, ncsoft aion, ncsoft lineage 2.

this is a problem with your client/frost system. still waiting for any reaction here.

13. sa-v-as

sa-v-as User

fix the game, i get dc as save as the upper ones, 3 dc in a hour, no lag just dc

14. h3nd3l

h3nd3l User

i log into the game and after 30 sec... dc, i did all reccomend stuff and nothing! now u gonna tell me: buying pa will solve problem

15. h3nd3l

h3nd3l User

dc started again after 2 days of good game, gz

16. h3nd3l

h3nd3l User

dcs again. this is the worst server i ever played...

17. sTeRmInAdOr

sTeRmInAdOr User

:(........................

18. h3nd3l

h3nd3l User

is this really official sever? lags dcs... even on light state of server

19. PrayForMercy

PrayForMercy User

lol pa has nothing to do with this ...... i have pa and i get d/c every 1min or so ....maybe less... dunno wtf is going on :/

20. kusan

kusan User

log and get dc all the time...