1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

Regarding screenshot contest

Discussion in 'Archive 2.0' started by Yunalesca, Feb 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yunalesca

Yunalesca User

do you just randomly choose pics? there are so much better and more creative pictures there!

some of these lack of originality, and theres much hard worked on pictures to be chosen from. a guy fishing has anything to do with valentines day? that's your idea of creativity?! who in their right mind chose this?

edit: 16 pictures, oh boy, can't even count, i thot 15 were gonna win?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2014
  2. ShikiCZ

ShikiCZ User

+1 i agree

3. qre8ive

qre8ive User

look what's in the water :) at first i thought the same but the person put a heart with adena in the water :p so he/she is fishing for love lol

fail on the 16 winners though :p

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2014
  4. Yunalesca

Yunalesca User

still nothing impressive, some of these pics had no thot put in them, it was a 1 minute effort with no creativity. i seen much better posted that showed there was much more effort/thought and dedication put into them. ofc few of chosen are great, but they are few. and ofc they added 1 more for the sake of it.

5. qre8ive

qre8ive User

in my opinion all the simple propose pictures or the "pose at fantasy island" pictures (which people do every screenshot event...) are not creative at all. mine wasn't either but just made it to participate.

the fishing i do think has more meaning to it, i mean those people who desperately don't want to be alone on valentines day and "fish for love". the ones from moren and lxl are nice as well i think.

anyways gratz to the winners, bring in the next screenshot event :d

6. SentencedToBlues

SentencedToBlues User

http://*********************/instances/500x/43494812.jpg

Patri, Yunalesca and qre8ive like this.
  7. Magohany

Magohany User

try to reproduce that couples picture and i give u 8kkkkk if u manage :) and yeah we are couple and we won :d i wont cry about it

8. Yunalesca

Yunalesca User

reproduce a couple picture? i see most pictures are a couple..reproduced or copied from each other.

wow much talent and much creativity/originality there.

l2 is about effort, or simply knowing aka talent. why bother make an event where the event manager emphasize creativity, if this same concept is not put into the final decision? i do not care mine didn't win, i didn't expect it to win at all, cause most times the choices they make on screenshot events are random to begin with. but next time do not insult the word creativity, so i and others, won't even bother to put a single effort on our pictures and let random choice win.

i will just leave it here also, that i believe this event was way too much for innova staff, you took a few hours to decide winners, while finally opening and organizing all the pts/patch notes/event. for an event that rewards with such good items, i'd expect a more careful and throughout selection.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2014
    Rikuncio likes this.
  9. Magohany

Magohany User

i guess u dont have a valentine u should get 1 ergently.u cant say if those were creative or not cause each individual put his best effort on his picture.now if gms taste pick some other from others its matter of prospective.all prictures were creative u can blame none for this.and yes reproduce details concept ideas potitions.u dont get it really.it was a valentine contest not a second picasso.

Razzly likes this.
  10. Razzly

Razzly Banned

dear yunalesca,

well it is pretty hard to make you satisfy at any circumstances. after all, it depends on who is judging the pictures. because you don't like it it doesn't mean it is bad. judges (game masters) decided these are the best of all which has been gathered.

though your opinion is very welcome, it will improve our chooses next time,

regards

11. Yunalesca

Yunalesca User

no point to read after this.
    go mock someone else.

i expect an answer from gm as why there are 16 pictures there when it was suposed to be 15.

ty for the reply, however, i know you didn't have any hand in this, so i'd just like to hear from the actual selectors about it. i guess i won't. also i didn't call the pictures, bad. i called them not-creative which is a diferent way of analyzing something. certainly a picture of your lover and you is beautiful, but not original by any means if you only plan to exploit your 2 figures and not other elements (unique background, lighting, figures).
    i don't expect a change, cause afaik there has never been one, i just would liek some sort of explanation and what was the trigger for decision which goes agaisnt what was requested in first place when u put in perspective the wide range of good unique/creative pictures.

qre8ive likes this.
  12. Vikea

Vikea User

gz all winners :)

13. Sun40

Sun40 User

i didn't win ? what? are u blind ? i'm on the top of the world in lineage 2 and im touching my butt . how is this a non winner picture ? you should of named your contest - post the worst pictures you find in your pictures folder . screw you - haters .

and stop doing useless picture events - do finally an event where we get to kill things or ppl ingame and actually enjoy the freaking game - stop screwing arround with this roleplay stupid events - nobody gives a rat about them - they are totaly pathetic and only turs are into them .

14. Razzly

Razzly Banned

hello sun40,

as you can see many people like this particular event. if you think differently - just skip it. you are not forced to participate.

going back to game events, from what i know is there is a lot of stuff to do with upcoming chronicle so there is low chance to have in-game event at the moment.

15. qre8ive

qre8ive User

what is creative about doing the same as 70% of the other screenshots? what is creative about yet again going to fantasy island and taking a screenshot there while this is done every other screenshot event? besides since when is posing the same way in two pictures called being creative in both too? clearly when you grew up everything you did was good/creative and you never took any form of criticism...

i don't care too much who won, but don't tell me all these screenshots were creative. the fact your 2 screenshots were both picked while its same people posing same way with only different background and 16 screenshots were picked instead of 15 ... it more likely shows like a random quick pick then actual judging based on creativity ^^

16. zyth23

zyth23 User

so sad, the screen with the frog won, and mine with the sleeping mahum didn't.

gz to winners, my favorite was the two pigs.

17. Nykee

Nykee User

grats winners <3

18. buchay

buchay User

lol. my last event...

johnfistikis likes this.
  19. Magohany

Magohany User

im not one of the admins to know how they picked but our 2 pictures are far away from identical and far away from same pose,try get pictures like mine chars huging and closed eyes?chars huging and kissing? fairy waving?idk i think its creative and noone managed to do what those 2 pics of ours did.find me one pic close to mine or my bfs and we talk about it again.seems uve nothing common with art bcs i do and ur logic is wrong mate.sorry.

edit: im happy i got to win but if i wouldnt ,still i wouldnt be here qqing about this its just sad.

abingMugma likes this.
  20. qre8ive

qre8ive User

moving your char a little bit with arrows and waiting for it to blink is not really creative if you ask me. anyways i'm not saying you shouldn't win, i just think both screenshots shouldn't have won because they are similar... same idea just a tiny bit moved and different location on the much used fantasy island. :)

i work in a creative industry (graphic design) and usually try to avoid doing the standard things. with a valentine theme i think it's too easy to just go for a pose like kissing/holding/proposing each other on a known spot. these are the basic things that come with it and therefor i don't really think it's creative.

it's like giving a box of chocolate or a rose... so cheesy and so overused. sure cheesy and overused stuff are part of valentines day too, but then when it comes to creativity there's so many things you could do to still be cheesy but also creative.

edit: i know i'm not an art person :d i find most art an act of randomness with a good sales pitch :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.