1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

Regarding screenshot contest

Discussion in 'Archive 2.0' started by Yunalesca, Feb 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magohany

Magohany User

i respect your opinion mate,it can be total b******* to you and i can still live with it,but what is annoying is people attacking other contestants ,u know u make them regret participating?xd if u are mad with something rage at the corresponding people.the reason i answered is because i felt i was being attacked for trying to participate in my first event in this server trolling with my boyfriend and suddenly and suprisingly ok im in 15 ppl.we didnt make 1 screen cause we didnt know if it is allowed to do double participation.btw we worked all day on screenshots wasnt just moving arrows and done.i can show u 30 screenshots far better but we uploaded those for their meaning.if judges got the meaning its nice,if they wouldnt would be still nice.its a game :p

2. qre8ive

qre8ive User

nobody was attacking specific people until you posted:
    i'm just trying to get people who have a more creative screenshot to win it because they deserve it. like you said you were trolling with your boyfriend so it wasn't even that serious? and no i don't mean i should've won because mine wasn't creative either :d

also i wasn't really attacking contestants at first, more criticizing whoever judged the contest. everybody is of course allowed to do whatever they want, but to see other creative screenshots not win and non-creative ones do win i don't think is fair. this way the people who really spent a lot of thought/time on it are regretting participating too...

tip for innova, perhaps better just to ask people to upload a screenshot and say you judge them on your opinion. don't write stuff like "creativity and fresh ideas are valued the most!" if you don't actually judge this way ^^

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2014
  3. Magohany

Magohany User

trolling maybe was a wrong word,like a longshot try would fit more properly.remember just because u dont find my/his/their pics creative doesnt mean that they arent creative.salut.

4. qre8ive

qre8ive User

ok, then let me rephrase it. i don't think some are as creative as others. sure every screenshot has a certain level of being creative, but if the contest is supposed to be judged on "creativity and fresh ideas are valued the most!" then they should do this.

5. Razzly

Razzly Banned

hey there, i think you didn't read mahogany post carefully. i understand you find winners not creative. but every human being has different taste and see it very different. it has been chosen by people who get those pictures "creativity and fresh ideas ". so actually it has been judged correctly by those certain people. not possible to explain it in different words anymore.

6. ginaki7

ginaki7 User

i got 1 simple question!why cant you people stop crying/complain/winning about anything???those ppl work hard for the upcoming update but yet again they organised an event at that specific day while they werent obliged!they could simply put only items on store and thats it!seriously its pathetic!every human being has different point of view and judge things different than others.just say ty to the team for the event and move on!jesus christ!!!they do event you cry about results.they dont do event you cry because they didnt!i found some photos more beautiful too and they didnt won but thats life deal with it and move on and stop complain for everything!imo razzly should lock the topic and ppl move on stop being jealous and envy to others simply cause you didnt won cause that is the reason inside and you know it well despite the fact you dont admit it!pliz end this nonsence. innova ty for event well done looking forward for the next! kk thnx bb!

Lunetta likes this.
  7. Lunetta

Lunetta User

totally agree with this :)

8. qre8ive

qre8ive User

oh ok i didn't know we are being judged with a creativity level of kindergarten then ^^

creativity is a phenomenon where something new and valuable is created. just because you think a pictures looks nice, doesn't mean it makes it more creative then others. when i judge something on creativity i don't use my personal taste but i use whatever i learned during my years of study to analyze a picture and try to see what thoughts are behind it or what process the creator went through to get to this end result. if you're not able to do this, you shouldn't make a creativity contest and simply just say you pick the nicest screenshots rather then the most creative or fresh ideas.

and neyden, it's a forum... not a place full of rainbows and unicorns :p. personally i don't see being here is a privilege or that innova is doing everything perfect. they get their salary due to us being here, we are their customers so then it's normal for criticism to exist.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2014
  9. ginaki7

ginaki7 User

all i know that noone is ever happy with anything...really deal with the results move on and stop complain for every single thing!i found other photos better than the ones that have been chosen but i dont make it a big deal!and btw when innova put you judge then i would really love to see which pictures you would choose(speaking general to all those who complain not to a specific person).i am sure others again wouldnt be happy with the ones you would chose.example: pazak chose x photo.they all cry rivers and complain and flame. ayil chose x photo.again ppl start cry etc.... i chose photo. again same old ****. what i want to say: ppl have different point of view and something that is beautiful for you(general) might be awful and worthless to someone else.and ayil i dont say that forum is full of rainbows and pink hearts but really its pointless for ppl to cry here for some screenshots while they are not in a position to judge.when innova put them in this position they are free to pick what they want.till then some other pick screens for us whether we like it or not.so no matter how we complain results are out and cant be changed.that is life.unfair and b1ach. and to the topic: i didnt impressed either with the screenshot with fishing(cause this is why all this happen mostly ) but i cant do anything.i took place in the contest too and lost but its ok maybe next time its not that tragic or like they gave a pvp armor or weapon as a prize.lets just calm down and deal with the facts.now you realized that nice and creative screenshots sometimes dont win?i already have seen it from previous weeks.

10. qre8ive

qre8ive User

i've been complaining before also, not just now. i still congratulate whoever won and don't really care that i didn't win, but i will keep criticizing until they put up proper communication. it is possible to prevent these complaints simply by not promising certain things or be clear about them.

almost every event there always come questions like if certain things are allowed, usually within minutes after it was announced. this makes me think if there has been enough thoughts about the event by crew or that it was just a rush job to keep people happy. same that now we had 16 winners instead of 15 winners. is this because they quickly had to pick and by accident picked 1 too much? you can't tell me all 16 screenshots were so special they went outside their own rules.

even if you're not a judge or have no saying in the outcome, you should still be able to put criticism about it. after all you have the right to tell your opinion. in the end it's up to innova to decide what to do with it, most criticism can certainly be used to improve things as long as they are constructive. :)

11. ginaki7

ginaki7 User

exactly!so some ppl already posted that they dont agree under the results they said their opinion but realy open a topic to complain for the guys who is fishing or for the couple who took same screen or for those who used fantasy island and general flame the majority of the screenshots its just useless.for example you ayil said ok the guy who is fishing has a deeper meaning fishing for love.true at first i thought what a sily pic it will never win and then i saw the heart but yet again said ok good move to the next.gms probly liked it more than us and picked it between the rest 15.and btw it was weird to me that they picked 16 screens instead of 15 but then i thought they might picked an extra one due to the day just to make 1 more person happy.who knows?so yes contructive feedback like ''well x photo had effort(like all those with adena and crystals and the designs they had to make it took some time) and was good but x photo didnt seem to special for me because...'' but flames like ''how the hell the fishing guy won/the same couple's pics won/an ordinary put-chars-too-close screen won '' its rude and impolite and defenetly not constructive feedback but to me shows envy.anyway no point discuss anymore winners are out items to their wh so gz and lets wait the next one :d good job to all.

ps: this was my favorite one

12. qre8ive

qre8ive User

i think the topic was made by one of the mods to keep the event topic clean without removing the discussion :p

edit: please mods add ":p" to the emoticons of the forum :d

13. Razzly

Razzly Banned

yes, i did it.

instead of removing it (after all there is some kind of feedback), i did a topic.

regards

qre8ive likes this.
  14. ginaki7

ginaki7 User

then my mistake sorry thought user created this topic just to flame :p anyway i couldnt see anywhere moved by razzly or something similar.at least here we might continue discuss the weekly screeshots if we liked or not in a polite way ofc and exchange our point of views on winning screenshots :d

15. Razzly

Razzly Banned

yeah i moved it and it has been automatically assigned to user's first post (in this case yunalesca). sorry for problems :->

16. Yunalesca

Yunalesca User

stop being an ignorant and say x is crying. this is a forum where you are free to express criticism over what you are offered. you are free to not look at my posts or just /block me (im pretty sure this feature exists here). what i say was directed to innova staff and i dont expect any1 to defend me neither to attack me so all un-involved can do a favour and simply ignore me, thanks.

and yes i didn't open any thread so simply stop provoking me into a fight where there isn't one. however i thank razzly for doing it, which is quite...rare;).

on a final note, innova is a professional company employing professional people, it's only normal i expect the standards to be higher and not kindergarden-like as qre8ive as pointed out, afterall "fresh ideas" = new ideas. maybe i expect too much, but i am free to do so.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2014
  17. Lilith

Lilith Knight

yet still you dont stop crying in the full topic...

if you think it is not fair, kindergarder, blabla... just dont participate... shrug and keep farming ingame, no one puts a gun in your head to read the forum or paticipate in the events. dont like it? dont be in... as easy as that.

dont need to blame or bully people that works to keep up the server daily, and even they get some time to make tiny events to be fun. so start giving thanks at least they do that, instead crying like a baby child without mon near.

18. SentencedToBlues

SentencedToBlues User

you got no clue + why do u even start to necropost on old topics lol

19. Elesmira

Elesmira User

be nice with women... :d

20. Lilith

Lilith Knight

i've got more clue then you think. really. i participated, i won. and i saw all the sht put from that person over everyone and the staff.
    the day you have the chance to see how l2 staff works (ive been staff for 3 years in a private server with 3000+ people online) you will understand why those things makes me angry so much.

1st, you, as administrator/gm are totally stressed by people whinning all the day, you work hard to improve the game and even take some time of your life to do some extra non ofitial contests, aka screenshoot contest, ingame races, ingame searches etc... even buffs and some other things.

and you only recieve bad words for those tiny details you do with all your illusion. because yes they earn money with ofitial events, l2store etc... but they dont win a cent with those tiny events, dude. cero means 0... nothing, and still they do to make this a bit better and a bit funnier.

so dude, now, you are the one that has no clue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.