1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discord Support team Facebook l2central.info

Sum up of the situation...

Discussion in 'Feedback Archive' started by Elesmira, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sun40

Sun40 User

well the jihad part really depends , there was a middle east guy back in the day on franz in heartbreakers called geena . he had a macro saying jihad this , jihad that , and he was damn serious about it . he actually got me worried at some point .

overall this game is not log in play 15 min to kill some time and then log out . it's really time demanding , some ppl saying it's way of living ( considering the typical mmorpg content and such ) and it was really interesting , don't get me wrong , i been playing it for 10 years full time . but actions that i was not responsible of , totaly ruined it in my point of view . i don't have to blame innova or ncsoft or anything in particular . just the meltdown point came with the free to play idea , and since then everything was going down in the craphole with steady but progressive temps .

2. DeepBlue

DeepBlue User

guys,

this is not a discussion section so please keep your off topic comments about other servers and other things to more appropriate areas and only post here your constructive feedback.

regards.

3. Deleu

Deleu User

quick note from an kinda-outside-viewer: sum up what is the problem with l2store you guys are mentioning about. though i read a lot of posts linked by the op, the only thing i know are the following:

- drops ****s. it's sad that you have to use real money to make adena in-game (or drop a jewelry with 1/700 chance (1%/7)).
    - people are complaining about i-don't-know-what from l2store that unbalances the game.
    - people wants different treatment for a different server.
    --- core has never suffered from transfer account (aria, i know, not the same thing as bringing a 10-year-old char from bartz to 3-year-old server shilen).
    --- though we have bots (and seems to be increasing? rmts selling 200kk for â£15?), we have so much less bots than all others l2 communities.

what i'm trying to say is: show to us, poor random souls that also plays here through matchmaking what's happening to l2store that is ruining the game.

4. hachre

hachre User

i am one of those players with an economics degree and i can tell you that it is quite obvious that the people working in the "monetisation" department of most game companies have not the slightest idea of what they are selling. they got all the fancy tricks for selling you ****, yes - but a business that is built on selling their customers **** as gold is bull**** and won't make it in the long run.

collectively most game companies do not understand the simple fact that wow isn't this successful because it's unbelievably great, and also not because they are epic in selling their customers **** as gold, but much rather because it comes from blizzard who have a reputation, and already have had it before wow. all these copy cat companies want a piece of the pie now but failing utterly at the basics of building brand value, reputation and a user base that doesn't feel ****ed in the ***.

sure, it works for a quick money grab but i for one am one of your ex-customers who are not going to trust an innova product again in the future, so you better go change the company name and rebrand and start from scratch with the next game you wanna sell me. and don't forget to add the cost of that into your "monetisation" calculations either.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2014
  5. DeepBlue

DeepBlue User

well maybe you should better understand first of all that lineage ii is not an innova product, we are simply the hosts on behalf of ncsoft so maybe better that you tell them to re-brand ;)

6. Onyx

Onyx User

first of all, thank you for your input.
    second, let me assure you that i listen to my community and do whatever possible to fulfill players' needs. but like deepblue noted we are only hosting the game and innova is supposed to produce and maintain joint development plan for the whole l2 project which is not limited to eu. so there are a lot of points to consider when we make a decision. once again let me assure you that players points, feedback, expectations and what not are taken into consideration when we have to settle something.

7. hachre

hachre User

i believe you that you personally care and try to do your best. i was speaking more of that part of the company that tells you what to put on the store and for what price.

you're bringing this same excuse in every thread here lately. innova is the one who decides what the prices are on the store, innova is the one who decides what is being put on the store. ncsoft might give you limitations but they certainly don't tell you that you have to put this or that into the store.

--

someone wrote somewhere, i'm not sure if it was in this thread or another, that it's okay that the companies don't listen to their players, because the product has to be successful, and the players would only make it good but not successful. first of all these two things don't have to be mutually exclusive. and second: the players are the product of a mmo company. it's not the game, or the store, it's the community.

just like at a company like facebook. the value that facebook has comes from the millions of users that they have, not from the crappy site that they created. equally the value here would come from the players, not the game itself. but the players are only valuable if they like being here and have a reason to continually use the service.

if you keep making decisions that go against the wishes of the majority of the players you might make some bucks, as i said previously, but you will never survive long term. steve jobs and many other successful company leaders say that the customer cannot tell you what they want. but they can tell you what they don't want. it's entirely your choice if you're going to listen or not.

and based on the tons of votes here, and the tons of feedback threads and the clear community stance of no p2w stuff in the store combined with the fact of things that came to the store both temporarily and long term, one can only conclude that innova either doesn't listen, or they do not care about what the players want. both options are a bad sign for long term survivability, success and reputation. and if it is as onyx has said previously, that another division is deciding on the store stuff, with the people in the company that actually know the community and the players wishes only having a rather minor influence, then sorry but that means the entire structure of innova is upside down.

and just to repeat to onyx: i do believe you that you care and listen. but if you don't have the power to influence these important things then it ultimately doesn't help us, or the company. and this is where the company is going wrong, and this is exactly where ncwest went wrong as well.

max11, RedWind and Elesmira like this.
  8. DeepBlue

DeepBlue User

sorry but the post of yours to which i replied to was talking about the "game" being the product and not the store so my point is completely valid and until people understand the difference between hosting the game and developing the game then i will continue to be the broken record repeating it until it sinks in ;)

9. hachre

hachre User

i was speaking about innovas monetisation division and the importance of reputation and brand value for a company in that post, not about the game as a product. i added something to my previous reply now that makes it more clear what i was trying to bring across hopefully.

if you meant my referring to "innova product" in the last section, yes i meant innova's providing of a game there, not lineage 2 as a game itself.

10. quir0

quir0 User

if the l2store is removed... where innova gets the money to sustain the project? i know there is the pa system, but l2store helps a lot (i think).

i want to defend innova staff, but what i dont understand is: why gms can't do a simple thing like ban those chars selling adena? unless that you guys (staff) had a beneffit with those accounts :(

you can say, they will be back" yes, but we can keep reporting and keep this server clean, not like was in ncwest...

there is nothing better that work together, have the server clean and still make money without problems!! this is what i think ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2014
  11. AMERICANDREAM

AMERICANDREAM User

i have started playing in this server on the first day, later, after few month me and my team moved to naia, played there for few years, later got some holiday...ofc we were botting, but not a main accounts, but like many, farming adena for epics, items. after few year of play like this, we decided to come here, to core, play legitimately , have some fun in pvp. we received very big sum for our items, each of us got about 3k usd share for 2 year play, well, not legit play.

now i am happy that i have bought just one month pa for my old character here, i will manage to make it 99 and freeze for non-limited time, maybe "sell" it. we wanted to play here, buy pa and support server by buying some fancy outfit. but when we saw p2w store...well, it changed a lot since server opening. we definately not going to spend all our naia earned money on l2store. where gone those words you guys were telling at the begining, no p2w here! look at ncsoft! kinda not big difference...at ncsoft you can go to earn some money, not play...here you can come not to play, but not to earn either.

i do not say that server don't need support, it does. but not like this. servers economy is perfectly shown on prices of adena in black market. not big difference betveen na servers...in na servers prices set by how many bots can farm. here, even you may find just few bots, prices practicly same, becouse of ruined l2store, p2w.

however, like i said, i am happy that i got only 1 month of pa, not even 1 gbp will come to this server from my pocket anymore. and archeage is coming soon, i kinda liked their online store. otherwise we always have gw2.

best of luck ruining this server to the end. :)

RedWind, Known and hachre like this.
  12. RedWind

RedWind User

at first -> lets ban bots !
    rmt is on 0x place

aa ? blackdesert will be better :p

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.